Displayed Fields

tchavei

Hi all

I tried a few searches here but came up empty. I'm not sure if this is a bug or maybe I'm thinking wrong about this.

In Escribe, under the screen tab, you have 3 fields you can change the display information and another 3 "charging fields". 

The problem I see is that the charging fields aren't working. The middle field for example shows "USB current" and I'm assuming that it will show the the USB current while the board is connected to a charger right? Well that isn't happening. I always only see the left side chosen fields. Never the right side ones?

Maybe this is a future feature, I don't know. If this has been discussed previously, I apologize.

Thumbs up for the DNA 200 :)

Regards
Tony

HAH

That was it !!!

Thank you. I set charging brightness to 30% and it is showing the right side fields. Great.

I hope the oled screen won't wear out prematurely because of this though... It's going to be lit up the whole night this way.

cheers

Tony

VapingBad said:

I keep forgetting about the brightness as I changed it the first day, @John & @Brandon maybe an idea to default to > 0% as it keeps coming up.

Yeah, a default of 35% is probably a good idea.  Would certainly cut down on the helpdesk emails ;)

To clarify, I made the changes when I first got it last week (Thursday?) since it looked like no updates were applied to the board and all the settings were as if it was a brand new board. I've been vaping it and the screen issue came up. While I was replacing the screen I put the battery on a lipo charger (Imax B6). I buttoned everything up and vaped until it was about 20% and charged it overnight. I have Wh set on my charging screen and it showed up properly. 

I'll give it a few more cycles to see how it goes. I might just set the charging screen to 0% to see if that helps. 

I LOVE how I can customize this board and test different things. Thanks for giving us (the vaping community) such an awesome board!

If you plug it into a PC near the end of charge, what does it show for voltage and current? Is it charging to 100% and then slowly falling from there, or is it never getting to 100%

And, just so we're not chasing our tails, you have the battery set to "Maximize Puffs" rather than "Maximize Recharges" correct?

Because Maximize Recharges shouldn't get to 100%

Hrm. It does turn off the charging circuitry when it fills up, and only turns back on when it has fallen a certain amount. 

I could see adding a feature to turn the charging screen off when it finishes the charge. That might be useful as an indicator anyway. 

That's what I was thinking. After a full charge, the screen stays on and chips away at the battery charge. Not too much (.18 wh) but my limited OCD wants to start the day off with 100% :D. Having the screen dim at a set interval after reaching 100% would be nice. 

I thought about setting the brightness to 0 but I like to see what's going on. It's set to 30 now and it only loses 2%. If I unplug and replug, it bounces back to 100% in a few mins so it's not that bad. 

Last night I fully charged it and left it to see what it would be in the morning and it was still at 100% so there's no loss after the 1hr refinement period and it goes to deep sleep. 

Either way, I can wait a week or two for an update. It's not really that big of an issue, just something I thought I'd mention.