what battery

You can use 2 or 3 18650 batts I'm using sony vtc4 here's a lay out on connecting the batteries if you use two batteries soder or jumper 2 and 3 together on the board and run the #2 wire to the battery and make sure you change it in escribe to 2 cell. Oh! I forgot to say using 2 batts your wattage will max out at 133w

image.jpg

lalemandrew said:

So if I use 3 will I get 200w and if I buy the battery evolv sells do I need 1 or 3 of the 19.99$ packs

You only need one 3S LiPo like the ones Evolv have for sale.

For 18650s: 2 will limit you to 133 W but 3 will allow the full 200W, but for bothe these configurations there is no reverse battery protection and you need good cells, on paper that is only the Sony VTCs ATM, but the LG HE2 and Samsung 25R will almost certainly be OK.

lalemandrew said:

S3 will last how long

That is like the how long is a piece of string question as they come in many sizes, to compare them to 18650s times the mAh by 3, but they have more use able power down low so it would be a little better.  I reckon the one Evolv sell 900 mAh will last me about 1.25 - 1.4 times as much as a Samsung 25R vaping at 36 W.

Well...... It's not really a box it's more like a cylinder, the cover/housing is going to be aluminum here's a pic of the battery holder I will have to modify the holder cuz right now it's made for parallel batteries

image.jpg

I'm guessing it would but everyone vaps different, if I was you I would give it a try at least you will know where you stand and you could use that as a base line to get a bigger mAh battery

juliange said:

How do the higher mAH 3s LiPos compare... such as 2200mah? Are they usable? I'm trying to wrap my head around the battery requirements and what is too much...

You can easily use anything from 900 up to...well as big as you want to carry.  The C rating required goes down as you get higher in mAh or Ah.