Jump to content

Want to get another DNA200-suggestions?


Conanthewarrior
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi people. 

I already own the Hotcig DNA200, but have had a problem with the battery, and is currently unuseable at all as the Li-Po lasted 5 days before failure-but I knew it was coming as it kept giving the error "DNA200-battery-Warranty issue". 

A new battery is being sent under warranty, but may take a MONTH. 

So, I am looking at mods I can get in the UK so I have two mods. 

Here are a few of my options-could anyone tell me anything about these mods, if any are better quality than the others if you own them for example?

My first choice is the efusion designed by lost vapes-I like its design, and the battery. It retails for £124.99.

My second choice is the Hcigar VT200-I wish this is what I had bought in the first place-as it is only £100 IN THE UK and I would not of had issues with China, it would be much faster if this was the one I got for the same price, this is the reason I want to buy another from the UK and have 2 DNA200's.

Then my third choice is the vaporshark-thing is, the design is so similar to the Hotcig, and it is £169.99, I don't really want that particularly, unless it is exceptionally well built or something. 

Those are just a few examples. So, a DNA 200 with ideally a 1300MAH Li-PO is what I am looking at-1100 is also OK, but 900 seems to go too fast for my style of vaping. 

I want to keep under £150, £130 preferably, which is another reason the Vaporshark is not really viable.

So, any UK users, could you recommend me a DNA200 device? I probably will get the Efusion most likely, unless there is known problems with it. I like the design, and the shop will warrant the 1 year warranty-so I like that the most at the moment. 

So, anyone who could help would be great. 

Thank you everyone, Conan. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Efusion is a great mod for looks and size, but the recharge time is horrible, have a look at this, not released yet, but removes any Lipo issues and prices are currently suggested around £149-£170 with batteries: http://www.vaper-cig.com/wismec-reuleaux-dna200.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UKDTweak said:

The Efusion is a great mod for looks and size, but the recharge time is horrible, have a look at this, not released yet, but removes any Lipo issues and prices are currently suggested around £149-£170 with batteries: http://www.vaper-cig.com/wismec-reuleaux-dna200.html



Ooh wow-that is a beaut! Any ideas when it is releasing? £149 would be my top end, I hope I can get it for that-over that is too much for me to invest in a mod to be honest and I will have to go with a cheaper option-the Hotcig DNA200 is already my most expensive mod, so

Three 18650's sounds cool, I have well enough of them to add a few more to the collection lol.

But EFusion does look good-I didn't know it had a bad recharge time-even with a dedicated charger is it awful? Or can you only charge at 1A via USB?

Thanks everyone :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Efusion will have the same charge time as any other DNA200 with the same size battery, maybe some people have been charging at 0.5 A and making a fuss about it.  DNA200s charge at 5 W per hour plus a little extra time for the last constant voltage stage of charging.  So a 10 Wh device about 2:15, 15 Wh about 3:20 etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I charge my Efusion at 1amp and its a good 3 hours which to me is terrible when i can pop out the batteries on my dual 18650 DNA200 and stick in a fresh pair in 30 seconds and the old ones can be charged in an external charger in a much faster time if i need them ready to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Conanthewarrior said:

Hi people. 

I already own the Hotcig DNA200, but have had a problem with the battery, and is currently unuseable at all as the Li-Po lasted 5 days before failure-but I knew it was coming as it kept giving the error "DNA200-battery-Warranty issue". 

A new battery is being sent under warranty, but may take a MONTH. 

So, I am looking at mods I can get in the UK so I have two mods. 

Here are a few of my options-could anyone tell me anything about these mods, if any are better quality than the others if you own them for example?

My first choice is the efusion designed by lost vapes-I like its design, and the battery. It retails for £124.99.

My second choice is the Hcigar VT200-I wish this is what I had bought in the first place-as it is only £100 IN THE UK and I would not of had issues with China, it would be much faster if this was the one I got for the same price, this is the reason I want to buy another from the UK and have 2 DNA200's.

Then my third choice is the vaporshark-thing is, the design is so similar to the Hotcig, and it is £169.99, I don't really want that particularly, unless it is exceptionally well built or something. 

Those are just a few examples. So, a DNA 200 with ideally a 1300MAH Li-PO is what I am looking at-1100 is also OK, but 900 seems to go too fast for my style of vaping. 

I want to keep under £150, £130 preferably, which is another reason the Vaporshark is not really viable.

So, any UK users, could you recommend me a DNA200 device? I probably will get the Efusion most likely, unless there is known problems with it. I like the design, and the shop will warrant the 1 year warranty-so I like that the most at the moment. 

So, anyone who could help would be great. 

Thank you everyone, Conan. 




I also have the Hotcig DNA200 and I just bought a spare battery from Hotcig and then it takes 10 second to change and you are good to go again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i too have the hcigar vt200 it was one of the first batch in the uk, i got it from vapegeek.

my mods go thyrough a hard time, this has been kicked dropped and generally abused.but it has worked fautlessly for me


the only issue is the battery. it is not a 1300 mah battery, more like 1000mah.

mine has the brass 501 which i am happy with as it is a better conductor than SS. but i have heard the newer ones will have a ss 501.

if i had to choose i would either get another one of these or wait for the wismec releux to arrive over here.

as for the battery, i am not too worried as i have built a ''brick'' with a 2200 mah built in, so the vt200 is now just used as a spare

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lewisss said:

i too have the hcigar vt200 it was one of the first batch in the uk, i got it from vapegeek.

my mods go thyrough a hard time, this has been kicked dropped and generally abused.but it has worked fautlessly for me


the only issue is the battery. it is not a 1300 mah battery, more like 1000mah.

mine has the brass 501 which i am happy with as it is a better conductor than SS. but i have heard the newer ones will have a ss 501.

if i had to choose i would either get another one of these or wait for the wismec releux to arrive over here.

as for the battery, i am not too worried as i have built a ''brick'' with a 2200 mah built in, so the vt200 is now just used as a spare




Oh fair enough, it seems a bit of a lottery if your battery is the capacity it claims or not-I have spoken to people who have run battery analyzer to find it to be 1300MAH-then others that find it to be 1100MAH-is it possible the manufacturer had a shortage and some models have a different battery? 

I wish I had the soldering skills to build myself A 'brick' or even better, a PSU powered device. I would likely just use it at home, so that would be fine to me, being connected when vaping. 

It would be good if they could make something like the hotcig with removable battery packs-one that works as a battery for portability-another that straight swaps to convert it to a PSU.

Thats probably just a pipedream though :(.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Hcigar VT200 and Efusion are both decent choices. I have the Lavabox, it's an okay mod but 900mah and 1a max charge so probably wouldn't be a good choice for your needs.

I've also got the Cloudmaker Whiteout DNA on pre-order https://vapourdepot.com/product/temp-control/cloudmaker-whiteout-dna/

There's been a few delays but production has finally got underway so hopefully only 2-3 more weeks of waiting. Love the modular approach and how so many things about it can be changed, appeals to the PC builder in me. Also has the option to replace the Lipo with a dual 18650 battery sled and after using the Lavabox I think I'd be happy to trade the 67w for the extra battery life.

The Reuleaux looks awesome and surprisingly not that big for a triple 18650 mod. PBusardo ha sit in his device round up in part 3 of his DNA200 review.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of the "readily commercially available," another vote for the lost vape efusion. I've only had mine a couple of days but it seems well made and none of the drama I've been reading about with some of the other mods out there. I can't get over how light it is either. Feels like there's no battery in there it's so light.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mad Scientist said:

Out of the "readily commercially available," another vote for the lost vape efusion. I've only had mine a couple of days but it seems well made and none of the drama I've been reading about with some of the other mods out there. I can't get over how light it is either. Feels like there's no battery in there it's so light.



I have been told that the EFusion is not able to be disassembled-this is not true is it? As if it is not true, that will be what I get. If not, it will be the Hcigar DNA200. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Conanthewarrior said:

I have been told that the EFusion is not able to be disassembled-this is not true is it? As if it is not true, that will be what I get. If not, it will be the Hcigar DNA200. 

It can be opened but doing so requires carefully lifting one of the carbon fiber panels to access two screws. Other than replacing a tired, old battery that needs to be replaced, it's likely not practical to open and close it more often. I hope for about a year of daily use before the battery needs to be replaced.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemaxx said:

id recommend you build your own, to your own spec, it will cost you a fraction of the price of something that will be superseded in a few months time..



Hi there. I had an injury to my brain last year and I am not as good as I used to be-no way would I be able to make my own unfortunately, I would just ruin a perfectly good board and parts :(
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Michaela said:

I have the lavabox dna 200 900mah battery, not very happy with the vape time about 7 hours in temp mode at 40w.

Have ordered one of the "wismec-reuleaux" from joyetech UK should start sending out 9th November,  Â£170 with three 3 VTC4s



I am likely also getting the same mod, I live in the UK and have found a good deal-but not till after christmas. 

I am waiting for the Hotcig to be repaired-it is currently in O'hare airport-in chicago according to royal mail. It was sent on monday, it states 5-7 days till destination, so the latest Evolv should get it is tuesday. 

Then its repair, airmail back-and DNA200 pleasure again :).
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...