HELP!! VAPOR SHARK DNA 200 DAY 1 PROBLEM

Darth Vapor

So I hope some of your DNA guru's can help me with this issue. Just got my VS DNA 200. Took it outta of the box and downloaded eScribe. Plugged the VS to the USB with the cable provided. The software recognized the device, updated the firmware and seemed to be all good. Little did I know that it had not been charging. I tried a different port, and even in the wall with a USB plug adapter. Battery still reflects 0% and after a few seconds the mod shuts off due to lack of battery life. I cannot get that thunderbolt to stay! When I plug it in it shows briefly then its gone. Can any one help to rectify this problem before I have to deal with a dreaded RMA and wait an eternity again for another VS?

Hello,

These issues you are seeing can be caused by one of two things. The first being a bad battery. The second would be a wire on the balance charger could have come loose. I believe the second scenario explains the issues you are having. If you open the back door, the group of 4 wires with a white plug in the middle is the balance charger. Take a look at those and see if any of those have come loose.

I am sorry you had these issues straight out of the box. All of our mods have passed through the production utility which tests the firing, charging and cell voltages in each mod to try and prevent bad ones from getting shipped out.

If you have any additional questions, or wish to send the device in for service, please shoot me an email at rbritt@vaporshark.com and I will try and help you out as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Props to you Robert for coming on here, fronting up and trying to help the fella out.

In general is it better to return defective products to the vendor or manufacturer?
Just thinking about folk like myself who don't live in the US or live in a different country to the manufacturer.

Mr. Britt,
Thank you for your detailed reply. I did in fact contact the Vapor Shark team. Spoke to a helpful and friendly guy by the name of Austin. It did indeed need an RMA. I shipped in out on Monday Nov. 2nd. Standing by to receive the replacement or the fixed MOD. I am biting at the bit!! I even got the VS Shark skin poly spray and everything. Went all out and very excited to throw my new tanks on this thing and enjoy a long over due vape session. Hopefully I hear back from you guys soon. Nothing yet :( Thanks again for all of your help guys.