LostVape EFusion Settings File

Nick

Hi everyone, here is the "official" settings file created by Evolv for the LostVape EFusion. This file contains the complete results of the Battery Test, Mod Resistance offset, and Case Analyzer. Also included are Titanium, and SS profiles.

This same file has been provided to LostVape and will be coming on all new completed production mods.

**YOU MUST BE ON THE NEWEST FIRMWARE AVAILABLE HERE ON THE FORUMS OR THIS FILE WILL NOT OPEN**

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxnf8OwrMZ7OUmg1ckJHUWZiRlk/view?usp=sharing

Great! Thanks.

Just a tip for non-English users:
If you get a screwed up discharge profile after you have loaded the file:

a. set your Windows country settings to English (decimal sign should be "." and thousand seperator should be "," (normally your numbers would be eg. 1.234,56 but now they should be 1,234.56).
b. restart Escribe
c. Load the esig file
d. restore your windows setting.

Hi,

I've been swapping between the default titanium settings from the lostvape settings and the csv i pulled from steam engine wire wizard. 

The weird thing is that steam engine seems to vape cool @245C(473F) but using lostvape titanium settings I get a scorching maybe even a little burnt taste at anything above 205C(401F).

I notice the plot lines are very different does anyone have any recommendation which is more accurate? I am new to temperature control so I do not have a baseline knowledge of what 400F should taste like.

Bobby said:

Great! Thanks.

Just a tip for non-English users:
If you get a screwed up discharge profile after you have loaded the file:

a. set your Windows country settings to English (decimal sign should be "." and thousand seperator should be "," (normally your numbers would be eg. 1.234,56 but now they should be 1,234.56).
b. restart Escribe
c. Load the esig file
d. restore your windows setting.

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for this working solution. Seems that Evolv must correct this problem, otherwise we will get some surprise when exchanging preset.

It is only happening when you have a windows system with a European number format and load an esig file that was created/stored on a windows system with a US number format.

Within either windows setup's there is no problem loading and saving esig and/or csv files.

I agree that Evolv should correct this if they can but it could be a windows related 'glitch'.

Escribe need to be fixed. I had problem to update the setting just because I thought I already have the latest version of Escribe. Actually the "get update" link appears even though I already install the latest version. Worst case is, the link refers to the outdated version. LOL. If u 'update' to the previous version, u won't see the link anymore.

Bobby, what version of EScribe are you experiencing this on? The newest in Early Firmware should fix a good number of locale-related problems. If it does not, that is a bug. :)

Janggut, do you mean the link at the top or the bottom of the screen? The link at the top is to update the DNA device's firmware. The link at the bottom is to update EScribe.

Thanks!

James

James: I checked to make sure and I am using Escribe version 1.0.35.2 and firmware version: 2015-09-30.

Extra info:
- with the 'US esig file' only the material profile curves and the discharge curve get mixed up by the US number format. All other values do not have a problem.
- I experienced the same problem with the esig setting file from Vapor Shark (makes sense since that was created on a US system too).
- Beside this, there is no problem loading and saving esig and/or csv files using EScribe on my system with the Windows number format set to European

hi download lasest verion on escribe and the program completely locks up after recognising my device and say update availabe ( older version) then i am unable to use any options at all or minimse/close screen ,i am running on windows 10 any help please,also tried from  the effusion update as thats what i have ,just keeps the swirly icon up and doesnt do anything again not able to use any options thanks russ

Heyyo,

I'm just bought this mod lostvape 2 weeks ago and now it seems like got a big problem. It wouldn't charge. The usb charger seems fine, the chips also fine. The problems comes from the battery. It stated imbalanced battery. So i have check out the battery. The 3 lipo battery is not in the same volt level. It shows 4.2V, 3.1V and 4.5V. How can someone here advise me how to fix it? Is that mean i have to change a new battery??

hadzrin9 said:

Heyyo,

I'm just bought this mod lostvape 2 weeks ago and now it seems like got a big problem. It wouldn't charge. The usb charger seems fine, the chips also fine. The problems comes from the battery. It stated imbalanced battery. So i have check out the battery. The 3 lipo battery is not in the same volt level. It shows 4.2V, 3.1V and 4.5V. How can someone here advise me how to fix it? Is that mean i have to change a new battery??

Device monitor -> diagnostics -> Advanced -> Perform USB Recovery Charging
I hope that does the trick, but it is seriously imbalanced. All cells are at a healthy voltage, but the second cell is way off compared to the other two. 4.5V seems off as well.

About the file... I'm on the 1.035.2 version of eScribe, my eScribe version is 1.0.35.2, firmware is the 2015-9-30 release, so both the newest I know about.

When I try to open the file you provide here, I get an "Unsupported file format." error. How do I go about fixing this?

NVM, fixed it. just had to go into time/date settings and change the , to .
Should've read up here :P

I appreciate the work on the EFusion profile, but the SS profile included is just as anemic and erratic as the Steam-Engine one.

At around 400 to 450F, a temperature range I know and prefer, every small to medium build, on every atty I have, with two different types of SS 316L wire, with all wattages and pre-heat punch configurations, setting at cold ohms properly, using the Atomizer Analyzer to ensure it's stable and at the ohms it's set to, etc.

The only one that's working is a user created one.

Using the EFusion and Steam SS profiles, I have to crank up the temp to 550 before it even starts to get there.

What am I (and some others, apparently) doing wrong?

I'm assuming someone at Lost Vape spent considerable time on the SS profile. I have to ask, specifically, what build (details) gave the tester(s) a good vape?

I'm starting to think it must be massive builds, large gauges, dual builds, with very high wattages that are being tested with these profiles, where the brute force of a large build is masking the inaccuracy of the profile (if it's indeed inaccurate).

Lost Vape, I lost my vape. (sorry, that was terrible.) Absolutely love the EFusion mod, itself.

Evolv created this settings file for the efusion, they would have made the csv for ss by using some kind of thermometer to make it accurate.. so the best question would be where have evolv got their ss wire from as ss wire from different places will have different amounts of alloys in them making a big difference on accuracy.

Gm111 said:

Evolv created this settings file for the efusion, they would have made the csv for ss by using some kind of thermometer to make it accurate.. so the best question would be where have evolv got their ss wire from as ss wire from different places will have different amounts of alloys in them making a big difference on accuracy.

Great points, Gm. I didn't read closely enough to catch it was Evolv's file. So, unquestionably it's accurate.

Yeah, you're right, the SS alloys (mine in particular) is the question.

Well, one more question, for Evolv: If I'm getting a decent vape (albeit mild) with Ni200 at, say 430F on just about every TC mod out there, including the DNA 200, should I get a comparable vape with SS at 430F (if using your exact wire)?

If so, then it's got to be my wire.

If not, then my expectations for SS are wrong-headed.

And a question for the group: Is anyone getting a decent "mild to moderate" vape in the 400 to 450F range on SS using this, or the Steam SS profile?

Btw, to clarify, the anemic vape I'm getting at 450F on these profiles equates to about a 5 watt vape, as shown in the Device Monitor. So, too weak a vape by just about any standard. As in, a tiny wisp of vapor, like one's breath when cold outside.

Well, I lowered by build to .5 ohms with 28 awg SS 316L - my thinking is less wraps might lower the inaccuracy this wire is giving, rather than amplify it.

Edit: It seems my thinking was wrong; doing the opposite (a higher ohm build) should give more accurate results, if I'm understanding this post:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/tc-beyond-ni200-nickel-purity-dicodes-ti-ss-resistherm-nife30-coefficient-of-resistance.676506/page-61#post-16440202

I'm using Evolv's EFusion profile with wattage cranked to 200W and seem to get a steady vape at around 500F.

I think it's working better, behavior-wise, than the custom profile I was using with wattage set to 40W (near the 20W target wattage that should be pushed to the coil, after all is said and done).

I don't think it's accurate, temperature-wise (with my wire at least), but rather than fight it, for now, I'm going to accept it.

500F - 520F it is.

It's awesome we at least have the tools, uploadability and options to find a solution; unlike my Snow Wolf 200W, which can't do SS and never will (not upgradable).

omar said:

When i use this profile, my battery will charge till 98% only and cut off, it wont reach 100% unless i change the capacity to 14.43 WH. Should i leave it set 13.68WH or change to 14.43WH.

Wondering this as well. 

Also, I think someone posted earlier asking this same question. For those of us using Ti wire, the efusion supplied Ti profile seems to be quite aggressive and I find that I get a nice vape on single coil builds ~0.18 ohms, temp set to 410F. However, if I put a dual coil tank/dripper in there on this profile it fries it. 

So, I downloaded the steam-engine.org Ti setting (according the gauge wire, wrapping etc). This is a much milder profile and I need the temp limit cranked up to 500F to get anywhere near a reasonable vape, although it seems to work a little better with my dual coil tanks/drippers.

Weird. Has anyone else found this?

Is it at all possible that using these settings can change the resistance reading on the screen, im only asking as my Kayfun4 which has had a 1.12 ohm Kanthal coil in for a while now, on the DNA40 it reads 1.12 but on the DNA200 its reading 1.16ohm - not much i know, but which is more accurate as my Ohm meter reads 1.13 lol....Im thinking the internal resistance value must be what is changing the screen resistance.

In the settings its to 0.006ohm in mod resistance.

• 2 weeks later...