DNA 200 board, what wire should be used!? Solid or Fine Strand?

shiv

Ok, so building a dna200 mod and wondering if I should use a solid wire specially when it comes to thick wire like the 14ga, 16ga, 18ga or should I use stranded wire. I can see that being a hassle to solder but the question is, is it better for the connection to use a solid wire or stranded? 

shiv said:

Ok, so building a dna200 mod and wondering if I should use a solid wire specially when it comes to thick wire like the 14ga, 16ga, 18ga or should I use stranded wire. I can see that being a hassle to solder but the question is, is it better for the connection to use a solid wire or stranded? 

you'll regret working with solid copper. stranded silicone coated wire is by far the way to go. solid copper will not add any benefits in our applications.

The turnigy silicon coated is also a tad thinner i believe, because the coating is moor resiliant, and most 510 connectors are spring loaded, so a little exess in the form of a cemicircle or half loop to allow for some movement, ,, would never be achievable with solid wire. with solid you would have to form each strand beffor soldering in, becsuse trying to manipulate once soldered would tear up the solder tabs on the board, solid looks the part in home build mech mods..like wooden boxes or old tobbacco tins.

shiv said:

Thanks guys, helped a lot! Now If I can only find the wire locally and not have to wait to get it shipped! this wire is not cheap! completely wasn't expecting that! haha

Local hobby shop or fleabay, hobby king and turnygy pretty much dominate the planet,lol, you cant go wrong, just use a good solder and electrical flux.. wirers solder and flux should cost ya less than a tenner..