Escribe issues

bestest609

• 2 months later...

I didn't need to delete any of the 8 device profiles, I did change my Ti profile to use Evolv's and once the old material [profile] was not used in any device profile I could remove that.   The term profile is getting confusing being used in both situations, but it is no-longer used for materials in EScribe it may take me a while to forget that usage.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I was just fiddling around with themes and ran across this.  Go to Themes.

Go to theme, Custom Screens, Temperature Protected

Set it to “Show Temperature”

Upload it and when temp is reached while firing it doesn’t  show any message for” temperature” as it does when setting it to  “Show Message” it shows “Temperature Protection” message.

What step am I missing here.  Tried on several DNA200's.  

I was having the exact same problem. It downloads the settings fine and I can even change some minor settings on the device from the PC, but then I try to upload all setting it show a cure is not one-to-one message.

I found that if I installed and used VMware virtualbox on the same machine it works fine in the virtual environment. Weird!

VapingBad said:

It is doing what it's meant to constantly the temp on screen, of course if you are vaping at the temp limit there is not much to see.

So there is no shown "message" for that setting?

There are three choices for that theme. Don't Show, Show Temperature, and Show Message.   When Show message is selected it flashes Temperature Protected when Temp is reached, when Don't Show is selected it doesn't flash a message even tho temp is reached.  When selecting Show Temperature it flashes no message either even tho temp is reached. So what is the purpose and function of the Show Temperature setting?  I'm just trying to figure out if some message is supposed to flash and show something.  If not then that setting does the same thing as the Don't Show setting.  If it is supposed to flash a message I don't see one thus it may need to be identified as a bug than can easily be fixed.   

Scy123 said:

I was having the exact same problem. It downloads the settings fine and I can even change some minor settings on the device from the PC, but then I try to upload all setting it show a cure is not one-to-one message.

I found that if I installed and used VMware virtualbox on the same machine it works fine in the virtual environment. Weird!

Curious as to the language and locale settings for your base install vs your VirtualBox install.

When I change it from do not show to show temp it flashes the coil temp when it goes over temperature.

Here is a pic. It normally shows watts but when I go over temperature it flashes the temp. Also where the temp use to be it changes to watts.
[M0tD16b] 

Language and local settings on both my PC and VirtualBox are both set to English United States and United Stats. I never changed any of those settings. unless a program I installed changed it, it should be default.

Scy123 said:

When I change it from do not show to show temp it flashes the coil temp when it goes over temperature.

Here is a pic. It normally shows watts but when I go over temperature it flashes the temp. Also where the temp use to be it changes to watts.
[M0tD16b] 

Language and local settings on both my PC and VirtualBox are both set to English United States and United Stats. I never changed any of those settings. unless a program I installed changed it, it should be default.

THANKS.... I was expecting a flashing message when the fire button is released too... the "Show Temperature" changes the wattage displayed to Temperature and goes away when the fire button is released,,... thanks again....