maybe im misunderstanding of this but...

JaI Haze

I am getting into quite a debacle with someone over this.  I am sure 99% of you are going to answer this the same way I do.  Is there any point in having DUAL batteries in a DNA75?  My point is if youre using dual 18650 its not going to stop the weak battery message because its in parallel.  And you cant run the DNA75 with series batteries for a multitude of reasons and there is no point as you would just get the DNA200 if you wanted to run series battery on a DNA. I would like this to be clarified from you guys since alot of you work on this board religiously and know the ins and outs of the board

so why would i still be getting the weak battery using 1 hb6 or even 2 hb6?  Are we 100% sure on this?  I was looking at VapingBad post on ecf and I think he questioned the validity of using the dna75 with parallel battery configuration. 

here you go https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/evolv-dna-75.733672/page-3#post-17519116 
I hate to get him into the conversation but im not getting it....unless I dont know how to read the internet 
"But I don't understand why you are only considering parallel cells when series cells are better on safety and performance with the right board. EG. a DNA 200 in 2 cell operation (133 W) using series cells is >= 97% efficient and monitors each cell individually. With parallel cells you loose the better efficiency of step down only regulation, the individual cell monitoring and depending on the mod have a very real danger of generating extreme currents inserting cells if they are at different voltages"

JaI Haze said:

here you go https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/evolv-dna-75.733672/page-3#post-17519116 
I hate to get him into the conversation but im not getting it....unless I dont know how to read the internet 
"But I don't understand why you are only considering parallel cells when series cells are better on safety and performance with the right board. EG. a DNA 200 in 2 cell operation (133 W) using series cells is >= 97% efficient and monitors each cell individually. With parallel cells you loose the better efficiency of step down only regulation, the individual cell monitoring and depending on the mod have a very real danger of generating extreme currents inserting cells if they are at different voltages"

Bill's correct, having 2 batteries in parallel in a DNA 75 will reduce the sag, but my post you quoted was looking at it from the point of view you had decided to build a dual 18650 mod and the merits of series vs parallel. 

Oh VB is talking about if you are going to have more than one battery, he says doing it in series would be better than parallel. Yes... well... kinda. There are pros and cons of using one or another. But he is right about the pros of using series batteries vs. parallel batteries. As far as watt hours goes, either way is exactly the same which is quite interesting.

EDIT: Oh VB beat me by 30 seconds. :thumb:

thank you for clearing that up VapingBad.  But im still a little lost, so your saying putting in series (this cant be done with dna75) correct? Again I am not an electronical engineer nor do I claim to be.  Learning is the key here, would like to know. My argument is there is not one mod out there aside from older dna40's (SOME) and the cloupor gt80 (series) that is dual battery parallel under 80W. At least I cant think of any. 

That's right you can't use series with the 75.  VaporFlasks and the Hana One use parallel with a DNA 40. I use my old Panasonic CGR18650s in them, they are only 10 A and I have 10 of them so using them is these allows me to continue to get value from them as they are don't have enough current to run a DNA 40 or much else these days singly.

I thought the original question was :  Is there any point in having DUAL batteries in a DNA75? 

That question was answered I thought..

A DNA200 (133) requires series batteries and a DNA 75 can be configured with parallel batteries.... different technology and specifications... 

Evolv Data sheets in case you are interested:

DNA200:   http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna200.pdf

DNA 75:   http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna75.pdf

JaI Haze said:

so why would i still be getting the weak battery using 1 hb6 or even 2 hb6?  Are we 100% sure on this?  I was looking at VapingBad post on ecf and I think he questioned the validity of using the dna75 with parallel battery configuration. 

LET ME JUMP UP ON IN THIS......YA DIG?! a big reason people are getting the weak batt message isn't always from what battery or batteries they are using (50/50 crappy batt, crappy connection). a lot of the time it has to do with battery CONTACTS. if there is insufficient surface area of the contact to make connection with the ends of the battery this will make the dna 75 "think" the battery is incapable of providing the necessary current. also the amount of tension/pressure that is applied from the contact to the battery also plays a role in how well a battery will perform. weak contact spring = "weak batt" message.

here's a helpful link......

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66816-topic/

one more tiny edit.......my preference.....dual batt dna 133. a little more efficient than the 75 and who wouldn't like the extra headroom (wattage)

yes I was aware of that one, thats what started this whole conversation on youtube.  The issue I am having with the therion is I get weak battery 50% and below with hb6's AND it doesnt discharge the batteries evenly as a parallel.  I knew about the contacts but when customers are buying them I dont want to tell them hey when you get home change the contacts out.  And thanks chunky for letting me know that.  So its not a battery issue per se, its more of a contact issue

retird said:

I thought the original question was :  Is there any point in having DUAL batteries in a DNA75? 

That question was answered I thought..

A DNA200 (133) requires series batteries and a DNA 75 can be configured with parallel batteries.... different technology and specifications...

:thumb:

JaI Haze said:

yes I was aware of that one, thats what started this whole conversation on youtube.  The issue I am having with the therion is I get weak battery 50% and below with hb6's AND it doesnt discharge the batteries evenly as a parallel.  I knew about the contacts but when customers are buying them I dont want to tell them hey when you get home change the contacts out.  And thanks chunky for letting me know that.  So its not a battery issue per se, its more of a contact issue

Well if by 50%, you mean the battery voltages are like 3.70v... well in high amp usage... I consider them dead and needs to be recharged. If you are only running 15 watts or so, you can use them down to 3.0v without a problem and you can use the rest of the 50%. It is just battery sag becomes very high when the battery voltage is this low (<3.70v).