vaporshark dna 200 dead already

c6freddy

so i have had this shark for about 3 weeks been working great no issues i had it plugged into my computer vaped on it put it down to let it charge came back to vape on it and nothing screen dont light up doesnt fire the blue ring on the button lights up but no red charging ring and escribe wont read it at all what could have happened. pretty dissapointed i sold my other two dna 200's so now i dont have one 

This same issue happened to mine. Got the unit, 30 minutes later the same problem with dead screen happened but blue ring it up, but device did not fire. 
I sent it back to Vaporshark, it was a bach of bad boards on devices originally stamped around 9/15/15 (check your batter door for date). They replaced the board and sent it back in a week. I just received it back today, and so far no problems.

• 4 weeks later...

I also have a failure to report on the original... Allegedly bombproof and problem free DNA200's (8/28/15 launch version).  Working great all day and since I got it for almost 1 month and a half.  Was happily vaping along... Went to take another puff, and all I got was the blue ring on the device.  No red ring on charging, no possibility of connecting to escribe...  It is dead.

• 1 month later...

I have had 4 replacement dna 200's sent from vaporshark.
My first, which was the original launch one, had a bad firing button and the finish was messed up.
Then they sent me 2 in a row that were dead immediately out of the box.
I finally got a working one now, but I'm not optimistic about how long it will last.
I think the dna 200 vaporshark has major problems.

Would people say that the DNA200 has major problems just like the DNA40, &c, because I'm torn between the RX200 reverse engineered 200W &  the DNA200--but the DNA40's what, three models, due to their high failure rate threw me off entirely, not to mention the pricepoint?

PS: I should add that I had a DNA40 before and it failed after a few weeks, perhaps three, although I didn't believe it and vaped on burning Ni coils for a week or two while I furiously remade coil after coil & reset my atomizer repeatedly which is a bother because there was E-liquid on my hands & the mod each time to clean up (spent multiple hours per day fixing the thing) before it full-stop failed and I would have to trick it just for mediocre results.

• 5 weeks later...

My Project Sub-Ohm S200 lasted less than a month...
The other day, the screen went blank and won't fire.
It connects to escribe and the screen comes on when connected to the PC but still doesn't fire.
Taking to VaporDNA about it... we'll see...

• 2 months later...

i myself recently purchased a new VS DNA 200 last week. got the device saturday the 26th and it died yesterday wednesday the 30th. device was on a usb charger. device finished charging so i unplugged it and proceeded to take a vape. mid vape the device died. here's the story :

i was vaping on a griffin RTA with dual Ti coils ohming out to .11, at 50 watts with a 100 watt preheat. i'm thinking fuse, but even with a blown fuse it should still connect to escribe. funny thing is it died mid puff. it wouldn't fire, screen blacked out, but blue led's lit up every time i pressed the fire button. i then booted up escribe, escribe recognized the VS DNA 200 and the mod's screen said, "error press up to continue". i pressed up. the screen then said, "warranty service." i hit the fire button, with my atomizer still attached, then heard a soft pop. after that, escribe lost connection and the device does nothing, not even the blue led's anymore. tried all the usual tricks and tips : jst connector and main pos and neg secure, hard and soft reboot, reflash firmware etc.........usb recovery also will not work since escribe does not see the device. 

rather than take the device apart and diagnose it myself, since this device has a full 120 day warranty, i just sent the device to back to VS. they paid for the return shipping label. so their customer service has been great so far. i was told i would receive an email as to what caused the device to fail when one of VS's techs got their hands on it. also i should expect the mod back some time next week. should be interesting to see if VS fixes or just replaces the faulty mod. 

will report back with what happens (cause of failure, fixed or new device, customer service) during this time of mourning. 

this is the first dna 200 to die on me.:(

EDIT........   vaporshark emailed me a tracking number for my new or repaired VS DNA 200 today (4-5-16). 5 days total from shipping it to them on thursday, to receiving a tracking # today, pretty good in my book. no mention in that email what caused the failure. i replied back asking if they could share any info with me as to what happened. will report back when device is in hand and will also update if i get a response to my question.   

BillW50 said:

You had it on that 2A charging?

if you're asking if i had it plugged into a 2 amp wall wart, yes i did. i was using a usb cable capable of supporting two amps. device was charging at a rate of 1.90-1.98 amps (varies during charge). why? what are your thoughts? i'm interested if someone has a definitive reason for this type of failure. 

My VS DNA200 is now dead as well.  I can't beleive that would like something this bad out the door.  I will now go through their help desk, and get a new board (assuming that is the issue).  I am glad I am not the only one that is facing this issue though.   I also find it interesting that not 1 person from evolv has replied to this thread, and told anyone what the issue might be.

DILLIGAF said:

My VS DNA200 is now dead as well.  I can't beleive that would like something this bad out the door.  I will now go through their help desk, and get a new board (assuming that is the issue).  I am glad I am not the only one that is facing this issue though.   I also find it interesting that not 1 person from evolv has replied to this thread, and told anyone what the issue might be.

Honestly, I would think it would be Vaporshark's place to comment, not Evolv's. 

DILLIGAF said:

if you don't mind me asking, what were you doing when yours quit? i like details. they're very important.

i can understand what you mean tho. maybe evolv could chime in on - out of all the VS dna 200 board failures, what was the number one cause of failure for the majority of them. evolv would probably have a better explanation than VS.

Each of us could "guess" what your issue is.  We can't evaluate your device however, so the cause is a mystery to all of us.  It is like me calling my Honda dealer and saying my car quit running and you must tell me over the phone what the problem is.  I'm not Evolv but many things can be the cause.  See what Vapor Shark says and does as they are pretty good at standing behind their stuff I'm told. The Evolv board has a warranty if that is determined to be the issue.

Not knowing anything about your device I will offer a few guesses:

Bad Battery
Poor connections
Bad daughter board
Device dropped and internals were damaged
Bad fire button
Display broken thus won't light up
Poorly connected display ribbon
Bad usb cable thus not recognized by EScribe
ETC
ETC