Jump to content

Efusion duo lock mode drains my batteries ?


siebert.brian
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just got my Efusion duo. Used it yesterday for first time . When I press the fire button 5 times within 7 seconds it locks the device . I did this then let the device alone for 30 minutes to an hour or so and when I'd press the fire button 5 times within 7 seconds , the device would unlock and show the batteries are drained. I'd fire it a few times and they are really drained. I've updated the latest firmware , uploaded the 2 cell settings for running it with dual 18650's , and I don't understand why this is happening? Im currently doing one more test right now to see if it's the same results? Just put in 2 fully charged 18650's and placed it in lock mode , without an atty on it, set a timer for 30 minutes , and will check it when 30 minutes is up , device sitting idle all the while in lock mode. This is my first DNA device. Am I missing something ? Can someone help , please ? Do I have a defective mod or chip ? I figured lock mode would save battery life , not drain them ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What meter ? Its brand new. Only used it one night at work. With 2 18650s at 72 watts . 5 20 minute vape sessions. When i locked it last it should atleast half battery life full. When i unlocked it about an hour and a half later it should barely a bar , if that makes sense . I was worried that the batteries were drained below 3.2 volts but they were 3.5 when i checked them. Only thing i changed was soft cell cutoff to 3v instead of 2.8v

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What was that 5 x 20, five twenty minuit vape sessions at 75 what, a hundred minuits of seventy five watts, and the batteries are twin ????mah 18650.. I use twin 18650's on some dna40 mods and the meter has a job to stabalise. It reads depleated on initial start up and then ballences up, 18650's are crap compared to lipo.. (Meater, little on screen, default screen icon of a battery showing volume of charge left).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

siebert.brian said:

What meter ? Its brand new. Only used it one night at work. With 2 18650s at 72 watts . 5 20 minute vape sessions. When i locked it last it should atleast half battery life full. When i unlocked it about an hour and a half later it should barely a bar , if that makes sense . I was worried that the batteries were drained below 3.2 volts but they were 3.5 when i checked them. Only thing i changed was soft cell cutoff to 3v instead of 2.8v



I have two duos (heh) one on sp2, one I updated yesterday to sp3 to test for you.  Neither have in the past, or currently, exhibit this behavior.   Have you tried swapping the lipo in place of the 2 cell sled.   It should have been included in your box and you'll need to change the settings from 2-cell to 3-cell in escribe.  

It sounds like something is shorted, but, as stated above, the mod should be pretty hot if you're losing battery that quickly.  

For reference, dual 18650 samsung 25r's run for about 3 days before I get nervous and swap them.  Currently, I run a single coil .43 ohm at 60watts, 80watt preheat, 1 second, about 480 - 500 degrees F, SS316. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

GripDis said:

sounds like a problem with the device if you want I could give you the info to the person that fixes them for the company
I had to have mine serviced

Sure I'd like the number. I just got it like 3 days ago, the vendor i bought it from should replace it if i cant get the problem fixed. Also isn't it supposed to show lost vape screen saver after unlocked with 5 clicks or if its sat some time idle then the fire button gets pressed ?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

black lace said:

What was that 5 x 20, five twenty minuit vape sessions at 75 what, a hundred minuits of seventy five watts, and the batteries are twin ????mah 18650.. I use twin 18650's on some dna40 mods and the meter has a job to stabalise. It reads depleated on initial start up and then ballences up, 18650's are crap compared to lipo.. (Meater, little on screen, default screen icon of a battery showing volume of charge left).

The meter reads the lowest bar. And it doesn't change. I haven't tested it again cause ive been working but im going to test it again tonite. By the way. When i hooked up to escribe i restored defaults , then updated firmware , then uploaded settings of 2 cells 2600mah maximum recharge the soft cell cutoff showed 2.8 i left it because with the defaults , update , and calculation thats what was displayed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

wiredl0ve said:



I have two duos (heh) one on sp2, one I updated yesterday to sp3 to test for you.  Neither have in the past, or currently, exhibit this behavior.   Have you tried swapping the lipo in place of the 2 cell sled.   It should have been included in your box and you'll need to change the settings from 2-cell to 3-cell in escribe.  

It sounds like something is shorted, but, as stated above, the mod should be pretty hot if you're losing battery that quickly.  

For reference, dual 18650 samsung 25r's run for about 3 days before I get nervous and swap them.  Currently, I run a single coil .43 ohm at 60watts, 80watt preheat, 1 second, about 480 - 500 degrees F, SS316. 


What is sp2 and sp3 ?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

siebert.brian said:

What is sp2 and sp3 ?



The last 2 early versions of EScribe and fw, only V 1.2 SP3 is available, it is very stable and you can find it from the links in my footer.

While you are testing for battery drain it may be useful for you to set one of the custom display fields to battery pack (voltage) or battery percentage. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I havnt got one to mess with but like allready stated, if you have the leads in the box to swap it over to a lipo, i would go with that, because it has better connections and its a better performing power source.. 18650's dont allways sit in sleds to well because they dont have any nipples as such, so you could have an intermitant problem there,,,((it may be tight in the sled or holder but is it making a firm contact with the pos and neg tabs)) there is no way you can drain the power off without feeling it, all energy is heat, you would feel the heat.. youve established that the mod works, no issues with mod..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

black lace said:

I havnt got one to mess with but like allready stated, if you have the leads in the box to swap it over to a lipo, i would go with that, because it has better connections and its a better performing power source.. 18650's dont allways sit in sleds to well because they dont have any nipples as such, so you could have an intermitant problem there,,,((it may be tight in the sled or holder but is it making a firm contact with the pos and neg tabs)) there is no way you can drain the power off without feeling it, all energy is heat, you would feel the heat.. youve established that the mod works, no issues with mod..



I'm beginning to get the impression that you don't like 18650 batteries.  xD


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...