Question

Besides telling the mod to use two or three cells through EScribe... the wiring is simple between the two configurations. As the two cell wiring is the same as the three cell configuration, except the third cell is shorted out. I've tried this with my Reuleaux DNA200 mods. All I did was change 3 cell to 2 cell and then used a thick 2 1/2 inch long bolt in place of the third cell. It works great if you want to run it on two cells. And easy to convert back to three cells too if you want. You would want to insulate the bolt so it doesn't touch any other metal besides the battery connections. As if it touched the battery door or the casing, it would cause a dead short.

black lace said:

Im of the thought a lipo performs alot better, because the 18650 batteries lag and sag into each other, so it would be better to strip out tripple battery sleds and replace with lipo batteries..

You hear that a lot, but that isn't really how it works. It depends on the internal resistance of the battery. The higher the amp rating, generally the lower the internal battery resistance and thus lower sag. And battery sag isn't generally a problem unless you are running the battery close to the limits anyway.

Sos bill only just picked up on this flicking through,,,,,, in the past with the dna40's ive gone for a cheap and chearful brand,,,, but the few dna 40's i have left now are all running on these high milage served batteries in parallal,,, which one do you recomend as replacements.. because i was thinking about a single cell lipo's at 3.7 volt as replacements, for the simple reason of trust of manufacture/supplier, not the battery thing. i havnt said which ones im using because im a little sceptical that theh are the real thing, they had surface rust on them when they arrived and rated at 35A.

black lace said:

Im of the thought a lipo performs alot better, because the 18650 batteries lag and sag into each other, so it would be better to strip out tripple battery sleds and replace with lipo batteries..

I got thinking about this post when I stumbled across this while using a Velosity on my VT133 with 2 25r's. Here is the live view of it firing at 90 watts with 1 second 110 watt preheat and 11 punch. I've upped the temp to keep it out of the way. 
VT133_velocity.jpg
So I move the atty to my VTBox200 with lipo, same settings.
VTbox200.jpg
I'm looking at the green line, temp at this point is null.
When I get home from work I'm going to replace the two 25r's in the VT133 with some LG HD2's that I got yesterday and check it again.
OK, got home and put in two never used just off the charger LG HD2's....It was my not very old Samsung 25r's was the problem (maybe fakes, who knows but I doubt it) Here is my live view on the VT133 with new batteries.
HD2_VT133.jpg
L
ooks better than with the lipo.
Sorry BL, I didn't think it would turn out this way.....LOL