Why can't someone come up with an SS316L profile

2legsshrt

I've tried Jaquiths V4 V7 the only ones still available the SS316L from SE and the escribes SS316. The V4 is way too hot even at 375F the V7 is too cool the escribes isn't bad at 480+F this one is the most accurate very rarely hits TP seems to work well with the firmware the SE is ok. I can't get Jaquiths V3.5 or 3.25 which I think might be better then the V4. Will try escribes SS304 heard that's not bad but I'm really not impressed with the way this DNA75 works with SS316L.

@2legsshrt, as you know the DNA technology is not the same as the SX you are used to using.  The SS316 EScribe works very well once you set your settings to get the vape you want. You may not get the same vape using the same temp/wattage/etc you set on the SX.  You just need to adjust the settings accordingly to achieve the same vape as the SX.  Here is a screenshot of EScribe SS316 profile I use.  The temp is currently 400F, wattage set at 25 watts, preheat set at 60 watts/punch 5/duration 1s.  I am using a SS316 Notch Coil with a ohm's reading of 0.25. Note the smooth temp line.  The Temp Protect is not an error message it just lets you know the temp setting has been reached.

This Device Monitor screenshot is using the DNA200 but my DNA75's are set the same and have the same smooth temp graph ...... 

Untitled.png

We'll see if this works
Nope something else I have to learn anyway the curves for the escribe SS316 and the SE SS316L elite are real good using 25w at 485F very smooth and that seems to be where I like the vape. Can't decide between those 2 they are pretty close. I am using a 6 wrap spaced 26awg SS316L at .45ohms. Just not used to using those kind of temps. the SS is from Temco.

Not temp limiting because you can't heat water past 212° F.

You can increase the power to a point that the water doesn't keep the coil cool, but then you will see the temp keep rising until it hits your limit. So yes, it is effectively running in power mode, but look at the temp it is running at. 

I just wanted to show that the Temco wire with the Evolv profile was pretty accurate. If I had a nice straight line at lets say 260F, then you would know that either the cold resistance was wrong or the tfr curve was wrong.

dylang919 said:

So do I just go to escribe as usual? What do I do to get the new firmware update?

go here https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/
and download and install the early version, 2nd in the list. It will prompt you to update the firmware when you connect your DNA200.

VapingBad said:

go here https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/
and download and install the early version, 2nd in the list. It will prompt you to update the firmware when you connect your DNA200.

Thank you! It's not a beta version that's going to brick any of my devices is it?

dylang919 said:

Thank you! It's not a beta version that's going to brick any of my devices is it?

No it's not beta, noting you download from Evolv (evolvapor.com) would affect your warranty.  I have been running it for a few weeks and no reports of bricked devices that I am aware of.  It does have one issue that after updating the fw your battery bar may zero, but uploading settings, soft reboot or just waiting bring it back.

VapingBad said:

No it's not beta, noting you download from Evolv (evolvapor.com) would affect your warranty.  I have been running it for a few weeks and no reports of bricked devices that I am aware of.  It does have one issue that after updating the fw your battery bar may zero, but uploading settings, soft reboot or just waiting bring it back.

ok, got the new version of escribe. It runs all of the boards correct? The 60, 75, 200, and 250 it's showing. Anyway, I'm updating a new DNA 75 I just received and I don't see the mod tab for the case thermals and battery analyzer and such. Where did it go??

EScribe now has 4 display modes accessible through the menu under Options - Interface.
The differences in each mode compared to the previous versions are:
 Clean:              no Mod or Research tabs and no Atomizer Analyzer.
 Advanced:        no Research tab and only Charging Mode and Kanthal Power Limit on mod tab
 Researcher:      only Charging Mode and Kanthal Power Limit on mod tab
 Manufacturer:  same as the previous version with the Manufacturer settings on the mod tab expanded

VapingBad said:

EScribe now has 4 display modes accessible through the menu under Options - Interface.
The differences in each mode compared to the previous versions are:
 Clean:              no Mod or Research tabs and no Atomizer Analyzer.
 Advanced:        no Research tab and only Charging Mode and Kanthal Power Limit on mod tab
 Researcher:      only Charging Mode and Kanthal Power Limit on mod tab
 Manufacturer:  same as the previous version with the Manufacturer settings on the mod tab expanded

Ok, thank you. So...go to manufacturer and it will provide everything?

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks guys for all the help but I discovered it was user error more or less. I was expecting it to act like a YiHi. I DL SE .csv file for SS316L made it temperature dominant and it works great. The temp is different then the YiHi but I think it is better then the YiHI. I like it so much I bought 2 more a Triade and a Lavabox75. Plan to get a couple more also. Thinking along the lines of a 133. I wish I would've believed people about how good these DNA boards actually are I would have saved a lot of money. I sold my SXmini Q's and bought a couple more DNA's

2legsshrt said:

Well thanks guys for all the help but I discovered it was user error more or less. I was expecting it to act like a YiHi. I DL SE .csv file for SS316L made it temperature dominant and it works great. The temp is different then the YiHi but I think it is better then the YiHI. I like it so much I bought 2 more a Triade and a Lavabox75. Plan to get a couple more also. Thinking along the lines of a 133. I wish I would've believed people about how good these DNA boards actually are I would have saved a lot of money. I sold my SXmini Q's and bought a couple more DNA's

Glad you are enjoying the Evolv technology devices.  Welcome aboard......  !!!!!!