USB Charging Board for dna60

DNA Papst

soulvape said:

dont find a usb charging board with 2 ampere for dna60, can everyone help me?thx

what i'm am going to do when i receive my dna 60 is run two tp4056 charging boards in parallel (paralleling the outputs double the amperage to two amps) powered from a usb breakout board so i can also still connect to escribe. i used this method for my hacked hcigar vt200/75 mod.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65603-topic/

Rob_H said:

I thought I had read it was a 1amp board that comes with the Dna60. You have the option when purchasing the board to get the charger or not. You need it to work with Escribe I am pretty sure.

theres a work around that I'm sure will work chunkybutt200 is working on this, he posted a diagram what he's going to do.

so i think i have it figured out, mostly. #11 is slightly tripping me up.

#11 - charger output + / usb power positive
#12 - charger/usb -    / usb power negative

i'm not quite sure if #11 needs usb 5v+ (VCC/VBUS) or if it's for the charger's output to the battery, which would not be 5v+. it would be the chargers output voltage that is going to charge the battery (4.20v). #12 is simple, as it is just the usb's gnd and can be spliced onto gnd on the micro usb breakout board.

dna_2_amp_routing.png

e
dit....maybe frogmod would be kind enough to check and see what kind of voltage is between pinout #11 and #12 of the dna 60. if it's 5.XX volts, then that's usb power. if it's close the battery voltage, then we know it's the chargers output that charges the battery.

edit.......so frogmod says #11 is the chargers output, not to be connected to usb 5v+. corrected diagram.

dna_2_amp_routing.png 

ChunkyButt200 said:

so i think i have it figured out, mostly. #11 is slightly tripping me up.

#11 - charger output + / usb power positive
#12 - charger/usb -    / usb power negative

i'm not quite sure if #11 needs usb 5v+ (VCC/VBUS) or if it's for the charger's output to the battery, which would not be 5v+. it would be the chargers output voltage that is going to charge the battery (4.20v). #12 is simple, as it is just the usb's gnd and can be spliced onto gnd on the micro usb breakout board.

dna_2_amp_routing.png

e
dit....maybe frogmod would be kind enough to check and see what kind of voltage is between pinout #11 and #12 of the dna 60. if it's 5.XX volts, then that's usb power. if it's close the battery voltage, then we know it's the chargers output that charges the battery.  

how you have your diagram will work #11 and #12 are the output voltage to the battery. So you can tie your tp4056's output to #11 and #12 but there is the unknown of if the DNA 60 can handle a current higher of more than a 1Amp

Frogmod said:

how you have your diagram will work #11 and #12 are the output voltage to the battery. So you can tie your tp4056's output to #11 and #12 but there is the unknown of if the DNA 60 can handle a current higher of more than a 1Amp

i DO have to change my diagram if you're saying #11 is the output voltage of the charger. as for not knowing for sure if the dna 60 can handle 2 amp charging, is there an option to display usb current in escribe? if not, i doubt the dna 60 will care about the amount of current i'm throwing at the batteries to charge them. i'm guessing #11 is connected internally to #9. if it aint, i have no idea why the 60 board would need or care about the chargers current output.

ChunkyButt200 said:

i DO have to change my diagram if you're saying #11 is the output voltage of the charger. as for not knowing for sure if the dna 60 can handle 2 amp charging, is there an option to display usb current in escribe? if not, i doubt the dna 60 will care about the amount of current i'm throwing at the batteries to charge them. i'm guessing #11 is connected internally to #9. if it aint, i have no idea why the 60 board would need or care about the chargers current output.

yeah there's no amp monitor on the screen or escribe

• 3 weeks later...
grouch said:

can not find pinouts for dna 60 charging board, what am i missing?

Page 11 in the spec sheet in post # give the pins into the DNA 60, the charging board will have these and the battery connections.  There is a photo here https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/turbocads-finally-selling-mods.746707/page-21#post-18308753

• 1 month later...

The 8 weeks I was waiting for the small screen have passed.  :)
Every morning I start my day at the post office.  :crazy:

I decided to plug 2 microUSB connectors, for not charging the battery every time I use EScribe.
I read the manual and after a lot of thinking, I came out with this:

DNA60chargerSchem2-3.jpg

Can anyone confirm?

DNA60chargerSchem2-2.jpg

DNA60chargerSchem2.jpg