Hcigar VT200 battery options

Milkweed

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John la said:

I have the turnigy 1300 25 to 50c on its way. wish I could see how I need to modify it to fit the battery aNY help would be great

this is a post from TheRedBaron a while back, dunno if you saw this or not.

"I can confirm the Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack can fit with modification. This is how to make it fit. 

Start by removing the four number 6 torx screws on battery cover and separate. 
Remove Hcigar battery carefully so not to damage the balance plug on the DNA200 board. 
Cut the main power xt30 plug off of the Hcigar battery one inch from the battery. 
Cut the power xt60 plug off of the Turnigy battery close to the plug. 
Solder xt30 plug to Turnigy battery and cover solder joints with heat shrink. 
The inside of the battery compartment is .825 and the Turnigy is .925 inches thick so this is where things get messy. 
Dremel out the inside of the battery compartment removing half of it's thickness on both sides. 
Do the same thing to the chip side of the battery compartment. 
Plug in the Turnigy battery running the wires the same as the factory battery with the xt30 plug in the curved area of the battery compartment. 
Reinstall cover and the four torx screws. 

I now have what I thought I bought a month ago... 

This is a repost from another thread. Mods, if I'm breaking a rule, please let me know... 

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67719-topic/

Later in that thread... 

That battery plastic wrap got torn up and eventually torn off during the test fitting proses. I didn't notice it helping much. There is a step on the mating side edges of the box. Plan on shaving out material all the way to that step. Once that gets paper thin it will fold over and break off. Don't bother with the Dremel sanding drums, they don't last long. go straight to a cutting tool. that would have saved me a lot of time. 

I should mention I noticed today the mod feels significantly heavier now. The mod used to look heavy but was light. Now, looks and feels heavy. This battery really fills up a lot of the wasted space inside. If it was one millimeter thicker like the 45c or 60c 1300mah Turnigy batteries I would have just cut the side of the box out the slightly smaller then the size of the battery. Definitely would have been faster." 

• 2 weeks later...

Mail day for me started grinding a bit this is going to be alot of work to make this fit. turns out its 23mm wide and not the 22mm that I thought the plug isn't even a xt60 but I guess that does not matter anyways. I would like to know what he means by a cutting tool the dremel is taking a long time and to file it smoothly takes longer. Also did he leave the dna200 chip in when he did the front because this is a mess and I see the board would need to be de soldered to get it out. Battery came from eBay can't find the link but the seller is jetimages and this is what it is URNIGY NANO-TECH 1300mAh 3S 11.1V 25-50C LIPO BATTERY T PLUG DEANS 250 FPV RACE

20160611_000830.jpg

On to the other side. OK finished fitting it into the back it was alot of work. Had to grind/file to the point it was flat on both sides. I did not file edge to edge length wise just long enough for the battery to fit so it can still click together in place. The battery was so tight with all protective plastic on it so I tore both off and now have a hairs space on both sides.

20160615_050053.jpg

20160614_013044.jpg

So I'm stuck guys I need help taking the dna200 board out. I can't get in there enough to do this without taking the board out and it's leaving a big mess even when I try to tap everything off. So if anyone knows how to remove the board that would be a great help

So I used a cutting tool on the front it cuts way faster then a grinder bit. It doesn't look the greatest since I could not get in there the best with the chip still in it but I got the job done. Now I go to put it back together and it's about 2mm to big. What to do now did these guys really get this battery in there?

20160617_023237.jpg

John la said:

So I used a cutting tool on the front it cuts way faster then a grinder bit. It doesn't look the greatest since I could not get in there the best with the chip still in it but I got the job done. Now I go to put it back together and it's about 2mm to big. What to do now did these guys really get this battery in there?

what i did with mine was ditched the backing plate that covers the board. with that removed you should have some extra wiggle room.

I just want to throw this in here for those  looking for the original Hcigar 1300 mah lipo, Fasttech listed them this morning for $12 something.
This isn't available to US customer because of shipping regulations, I'm not sure just where it can be shipped to either.

Thanks for the help chunky butt . So I finished the fitting part it closes now with ease no squishing it together trying to close it. With this battery you do have to remove the peice that sepererates the battery from the chip and grind down the side to the point that's even with the chip. This battery is as big as you can go there is no room for anything larger then the turnigy 1300 25-50c. I have not connected the wires yet still need to figure out where I'm going to cut the power wires to make everything fit smoothly should be done tonight. I will connect it to escribe run all those long test again tonight and see if this was worth it. I will post the results when I'm all finished to let everyone know.

20160618_173606.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been using this for a while now and it is a nice improvement in battery life.I get a day using my griffin at 45 watts in tcbut I don't get a day with my dipper using alien clapton at 55 watts. My test came out to a 14.09 and is alot more accurate it goes down to 0 percent and I still get 10 to 20 more pulls on it. Is this worth doing? if you don't already have the tools and don't have free time and a spare device to use I don't think so hahaha I would just say buy a new one. This took me over a week to do maybe 6 or 7 hours spread out. I did dremel to much on one side it became to hot and warped my metal good thing I know how to paint and bondo. I am way more impressed with this mod now it is 1 of a kind and my rubber case still fits on it nice. Wish I took the chip out and painted the whole thing but didn't have the tools for that. Thanks to everyone on this fourm for the help and I hope this helps someone else thinking about doing this. Tell me what you think guys thanks

1466884681386-78885420.jpg

20160618_220318.jpg

20160618_173606.jpg

20160617_031934.jpg

John la said:

So I have been using this for a while now and it is a nice improvement in battery life.I get a day using my griffin at 45 watts in tcbut I don't get a day with my dipper using alien clapton at 55 watts. My test came out to a 14.09 and is alot more accurate it goes down to 0 percent and I still get 10 to 20 more pulls on it. Is this worth doing? if you don't already have the tools and don't have free time and a spare device to use I don't think so hahaha I would just say buy a new one. This took me over a week to do maybe 6 or 7 hours spread out. I did dremel to much on one side it became to hot and warped my metal good thing I know how to paint and bondo. I am way more impressed with this mod now it is 1 of a kind and my rubber case still fits on it nice. Wish I took the chip out and painted the whole thing but didn't have the tools for that. Thanks to everyone on this fourm for the help and I hope this helps someone else thinking about doing this. Tell me what you think guys thanks

looks good john. glad you're happy with the end result. enjoy!

• 2 months later...
norwegianvaper said:

I have no  plans to replace the battery. But what is the correct settings for the original VT 200 battery in e scribe, since it`s not 1300 mah as advertised? Mine are currently set at 12,21 Wh. Is that the correct settings?

you should be close with that number. i got 11.275 wh's when i ran the battery analyzer on my vt200.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I ran the battery analyzer with a 0.5 load at 40W and got 10.45Wh on a used one I just picked up for cheap.

Wondering if anybody ever found one that just fit which gave a bit more capacity.  E.g. the "replacement" one that's supposed to be closer to advertised numbers.  I am not interested in taking a dremel tool to it - know I'd just screw it up.

So just an update on my vt200 with turnigy 1300 battery. Loved this thing the battery lasted me a day or died an hour before bed but now it's dead forever. The battery swelled up on me feels like there's air in the cells and the fit was so tight that I could see my vt200 body expanding so I opened it up had trouble just pulling the battery out. Because I grinder down the sides on the inside of the vt200(at the body seams of the vt200) it had maybe like 1ml of liquid on the inside all over the battery and the body the board was the only dry part so that's good since I'm gona pull the board and put it in a new box. Don't know what caused the battery to swell at the three month mark the liquid in the case or maybe even overcharging. I had a 0.5 load when doing the battery test u think cam out to 14.23 so I don't know and I did leave this on the charger over night for 3 months but after doing this I don't think I would recommend this to anyone