Check atomizer

I'm going to have to guess at it but I suspect Kanger is still using that sliding 510 pin in the base of the atomizer as with the ST mini. Probably the pin is not getting pressed in good to make connection with the heads positive pin. Try pressing it in before screwing on the atty and see if that seems to help.

welcome to the forum wolf_7. most likely something with your top tank or the tank itself is not making a good connection to the mod. try another tank. if the problem goes away, it's the top tank that's the problem. if the problem persists, there could be something wrong with mod's 510. possibly a stuck positive pin.

make sure the coil is screwed in tight, and the tank tight to mod.

you can also open atty analyzer in escribe and check your atty's stability. try slightly unscrewing the tank on and off a little while watching the ohms. also rock the tank back and forth while it's screwed tightly on the mod and see what the ohms do.

ChunkyButt200 said:

welcome to the forum wolf_7. most likely something with your top tank or the tank itself is not making a good connection to the mod. try another tank. if the problem goes away, it's the top tank that's the problem. if the problem persists, there could be something wrong with mod's 510. possibly a stuck positive pin.

make sure the coil is screwed in tight, and the tank tight to mod.

you can also open atty analyzer in escribe and check your atty's stability. try slightly unscrewing the tank on and off a little while watching the ohms. also rock the tank back and forth while it's screwed tightly on the mod and see what the ohms do.

okay I will try watching them in escribe, what should I look for with the ohms exactly. A lot of variation or super consistency

Wolf_7 said:

okay I will try watching them in escribe, what should I look for with the ohms exactly. A lot of variation or super consistency

one thing to do even without using atty analyzer is see if your coil is reading correctly on your lava box. if they're rated on the package as 0.25 (just an example) and your mod is reading it as .30 or above then you have a poor connection somewhere, whether it be the coil, where the coil screws in to the base or where the base screws into the 510 or even the 510 itself.
what to look for in AA is basically the same thing, high ohms and/or if you see the "?" instead of a reading. "check atomizer" means the mod is losing connection to the atty, a complete disconnect. also, make sure the spring loaded 510 pin is......still "springy" and moves freely up and down. i have heard of one person here crushing their 510 connector pin permanently down on their lavabox from screwing down an atty that had a very long 510.  

ChunkyButt200 said:

one thing to do even without using atty analyzer is see if your coil is reading correctly on your lava box. if they're rated on the package as 0.25 (just an example) and your mod is reading it as .30 or above then you have a poor connection somewhere, whether it be the coil, where the coil screws in to the base or where the base screws into the 510 or even the 510 itself.
what to look for in AA is basically the same thing, high ohms and/or if you see the "?" instead of a reading. "check atomizer" means the mod is losing connection to the atty, a complete disconnect. also, make sure the spring loaded 510 pin is......still "springy" and moves freely up and down. i have heard of one person here crushing their 510 connector pin permanently down on their lavabox from screwing down an atty that had a very long 510.  

it's a .5 reading at .7 so Im assuming it's not tight enough.

Your mod will be fine, im going to jump the gun and confirm its your tank, I help out now and again at a vape shop and the amount of times i have heard and seen this is stupid, it has also happened to my wife.

The cause is the pin on the tank, its cheap metal and eventually it compresses, what you have also spotted is what i was about to comment, your ohms will read oddly, this is due to the pin been compressed and making a slight connection to the negative giving a false reading, soon it will just die and not pickup on any mod. My suggestion is get your self a semi decent tank, Aspire Cleito is a cheapish good tank. Now you have a DNA, dont put Kanger junk on it, make the most of your DNA experience. :)

I have eight Subtanks myself and use six of them regularly. I had zero problems with connections with the RBA when I make sure the RBA pin is tight and the wire terminals are tight. I did see a snapshot of somebodies Subtank 510 pin had the plating flaking off and they had connection problems. But none of mine had done that.

Yeah I am not very found of the 510 first used by Joyetech which the rest of the vaping world seems to have adopted. I think the connection is way too small, the threads are too fine, and the space between the center pin to the outside ground is too small. And pushing 200 to 250 watts (and probably far more in the future) through the 510 is just ridiculous. So I am not surprised about all of the common problems that pops up with our 510 connections. Sorry to say, but we need something better.

• 3 weeks later...
coco said:

I think im had same probs too and i cant see my pin 510 work properly and these led tell me atomizer check and before i rebboot led show up ohm too high, AA cant detect ohm meter,help how to fix it

That means it isn't seeing the atomizer. For most of us that means trying another atomizer. Or is this your only one?

• 1 month later...