Jump to content

Found an SS316L profile


Recommended Posts

Both but I am new to DNA's I've used SX's since they first came out and I'm used to that vape. This profile is a little better but still not like an SX with TCR set to .00092 at 420F. I don't have the Escribe setting for SS316 I have the Lost Vapes setting and it is way too low. I've heard the Escribe settings are better but this Therion had 7 or 8 Presets and they are set to SE which I found out that their profiles for SS304 430 316L and NI200 are all the same which makes no sense. I'd like to try the generic Escribe one but not sure how to get that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can get the ones in Escribe by starting it and loading the default mod configs without a mod connected.

Coming from an SX it will be much smoother temp limiting that can sort of seem cooler, but I started temp limiting with the DNA 40 and found the SX harsh and the temp needing turning down a lot, but I didn't keep it more than a month.  Don't lock the ohms unless it is the only way to solve a connection problem as the board tracks the coil while cooling to get a more accurate reading.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK maybe I'll give that a try. The one I have now is actually really good at 450F. I take it I can open it and save the profiles as .ecig files and load them onto my device when ever I want. I haven't tried any of the others that came with the Theriion and really the only other wire TC that I use is Ti. I will give it a try. I know when I first opened it it had 4 profiles and this is the latest software for the 75 v1.0.52 or 54 I think. I heard the newest profiles were pretty good but not sure if that is in this version or the beta 1.2SP3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2legsshrt said:

Both but I am new to DNA's I've used SX's since they first came out and I'm used to that vape. This profile is a little better but still not like an SX with TCR set to .00092 at 420F. I don't have the Escribe setting for SS316 I have the Lost Vapes setting and it is way too low. I've heard the Escribe settings are better but this Therion had 7 or 8 Presets and they are set to SE which I found out that their profiles for SS304 430 316L and NI200 are all the same which makes no sense. I'd like to try the generic Escribe one but not sure how to get that.



Evolv and steam-engine use a tcr of approximately 0.00087-0.00088 for ss316. it can't be calculated exactly because they are curves and not linear. There is an option in escribe to create your own graph based on tcr.
You should try creating your own wire profile with a tcr of 0.00092 if you want the DNA to mimic your SX.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2legsshrt said:

OK maybe I'll give that a try. The one I have now is actually really good at 450F. I take it I can open it and save the profiles as .ecig files and load them onto my device when ever I want. I haven't tried any of the others that came with the Theriion and really the only other wire TC that I use is Ti. I will give it a try. I know when I first opened it it had 4 profiles and this is the latest software for the 75 v1.0.52 or 54 I think. I heard the newest profiles were pretty good but not sure if that is in this version or the beta 1.2SP3


v1.2 SP3 won't do anything for how a dna75 vapes with SS316. The changes in firmware only apply to the DNA200.

1.2 SP3 is still worth getting for some of the changes they made in Device Monitor.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2legsshrt said:

Yeah if you don't mind turning it up to 480F



Nothing wrong with vaping at 480F . 100% VG has a boiling point of 554°F

I vape a kayfun5 with 50/50 at 410F
I vape a aromamizer with max VG at 520F.

PG/VG ratio, air flow and wicking have a lot to do with the coil temperatures.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
VapingBad said:

You can get the ones in Escribe by starting it and loading the default mod configs without a mod connected.

Coming from an SX it will be much smoother temp limiting that can sort of seem cooler, but I started temp limiting with the DNA 40 and found the SX harsh and the temp needing turning down a lot, but I didn't keep it more than a month.  Don't lock the ohms unless it is the only way to solve a connection problem as the board tracks the coil while cooling to get a more accurate reading.

Do you mean that for ss316l. Its hard to get 20c room temperature..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol,, i know its an old (op) but any profile that has been worked out right is only ever going to be as good as the build, quality of metal, symetery of coil, connections/polarity, wicking, juice flow and gravitational pull in relation to rotation where your standing on the planet, cuz your moving faster at the equator than at the pole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...