Frequent Temperature Protected error on Therion DNA 75 BF

JamezC

20 minutes ago, saschacolussi said:

I tought i should do the opposite. Set the power to what i would usually use with the coil and set the preheat to something a little higher and punch around 10-11, so it would reach the temp 286C quicker

Welcome to the forum :hand_splayed:  No matter what you thought you were doing, the Profile printscreen does NOT agree with what you did or wrote.

@retird If you notice, the wattage settings are backwards .................. just for starters. The preheat is never activated.

@saschacolussi Seriously man, IMHO you should watch a video or two about the operation of these mods, replay, etc. DJLSB vapes has a good one or two. It's not they're hard to setup and use, but there's SO much that you CAN do, you really ought to understand more

My understanding of preheat is to add quicker temperature increase to shorten the time needed to reach temp....  I always adjust my preheat at a lower level than set wattage. 

On your settings turn preheat to 5 watts and graph in DM  (watch puff temperature curve), then 10 watts, them 20 watts  then set it back to your normal preheat and graph that.  Do you see a difference using different preheat settings that are less than your wattage setting?   You can adjust punch settings also to see how it effects preheat timing...

• Like 1

Я не все понимаю в этой дискуссии (не знаю английский), но описанная ситуация иногда возникает при использовании массивных катушек (катушка просто не успевает остывать между puffs и начинаются сбои в режиме Replay).  Иногда при этом помогает продолжать втягивать воздух, какое то мгновение,  после отпускания кнопки Fire (для быстрого охлаждения катушки)

Думаю предварительный нагрев тут ни при чем, виноват недостаточный обдув, ИМХО

Печать.jpg

Hi guys, just managed to achieve what i was talking about. The first picture gets me the temp protected warning with little juice. In the second one, i just dripped juice to see if that was the problem, i was able to vape a little longer but got the same warning too. I tought that with replay it would lower the wattage and allow me to keep vaping but it just cuts the power. Any help woud be apreciatted, thanks.

01.png

02.png

What happens if you lower your temperature setting to 250C without changing anything else?  What happens when you only increase wattage to 70 watts instead of 60 watts...  

Did you ever try a single spaced coil?   We are trying to help but we need to rule out things along the way to get to your issue.  So please try a single spaced coil after you try the two things above....

It was pointed out to me the other day that we don't see where you have used Replay....  In Device Monitor it doesn't show any Replay puffs...  

Example showing replay puff totals... partial screenshot:

Untitled.png

Hard to tell from the picture but are both coils fully spaced where no coil wrap is touching another anywhere? It looks like on 1 of the coils 3 wraps have heated up hotter than any other coil wrap in either coil... may indicate a hot spot...  Can you try a different atomizer as sometimes certain atty's just won't play well (the Zeus is said to work but don't  know about the clone). I guess you don't want to try just 1 spaced coil only.... and you don't want to "  increase wattage to 70 watts instead of 60 watts " and see what happens  and you don't want to just  lower your temperature setting to 250C without changing anything else "  Are your dual coils matched as far as ohms go?   

Time for me to hand this thread off to someone else.  Good luck....

• 6 months later...

I'm having the same issue for a month now.  WHY cant we use temp control on a SS316L clapton or alien.?!?!?!  This is a pretty prominent issue.  I've tried three different materials for SS316L, I have adjusted the punch, preheat, locked the ohms (which didn't work), and it's been going on forever man.  

I have to manually go into Atomizer > Measure Ohms > and back to get the mod to fire.  Sometimes replay works, but I usually have to go into the settings just to get a hit, and that's just in wattage mode!!!!!!!!

We don't want to use spaced coils... we just want to use temp control with SS316L.  IMO there should be a service pack or some kind of communication from Evolv as to how this can be executed.