Mac Suppport

This is an intermittent USB connection issue with virtualbox (on the Mac, not tested it on Linux yet).  Just a word of caution that if it "pauses" while you are updating firmware, you will need to potentially manually update it.  I also had an issue where after a failed firmware update, virtualbox would not see the device to restore the firmware, but a PC could.  

• 1 month later...

A search does not show a case for El Capitan: After installation of the latest MAC OS Wiindows 10 (or 8.1) will not load properly. The installation of Capitan warned that Java SE.6 runtime was needed. Install the Java SE 6 runtime and your VirtualBox Windows will be up and running, just as it was prior to El Capitan.

Where do I find the "new USB enhanced package that you can install with it"? A link please, or, a PM. Thanks... ETA: I have tracked down the issue. It seems clear that USB between VB 5.0.6 and OS 10.11 (El Capitan) is acknowledged to be "broken". That is with and without the 5.0.6 Extension Pack installed. Three alternatives for anyone (like me) who made the leap to El Capitan: (1) Back out of 10.11 and reinstall Yosemite, relying on Time Machine to replace files; (2) Wait for the VirtualBox USB fix; (3) Limp along using Win XP, if you have a box like that. I do and will limp along, waiting for the USB fix...

I am having trouble getting the 'all supported platforms' to install. It keeps coming up with an error, and the USB Driver is OHCI, which is usb 1.1, so I really need to get this package installed. 

I did have bootcamp installed, but it would not allow me to install a certain windows file needed for escribe, I only had it on there for my Xcube 2, this way is much easier so I shall do this, and don't have to actually boot into windows, I can run it in my mac environment. 

I have not even received the DNA 200 yet, but want to get set up. It should be shipping in 7 days, I ordered on saturday the Hotcig DNA200D and I can not wait to receive it. Got a great deal on it too :).

Great tutorial on how to get windows guest OS up and running on mac, but I think I am at the point of throwing in the towel. Host and guest os both see the DNA 200, but escribe continually gives me the error, "recieved no response from device". Anyone have any suggestions? This is just waaaayyy too much trouble to be going through to simply make a few adjustments.

My MAC recognized the DNA 200 and in VB, it gives me the option to add the port, but when I run VB, it says "FATAL: No bootable medium found! system halted." and when I click the USB icon on the bottom the "Dimension Engineering Evolv DNA 200 USB" link is not in dark....I have no idea what I'm doing and it's so frustrating!

digatel said:

Well, I finally got my running and getting ready to install new firmware and my mod went dead...figures.

You can try a manual firmware install.  Under "tools" and "update firmware".

If that fails, then try it from a windows computer.  I once got mine in such a state that I had to use a windows system to restore it.  The key was having it plugged in at boot.

Just want to f/u on the El Capitan trouble; more exactly confirm it. I downgrade the Air to Yosemite leaving the MBP on El Capitan. No doubt El Capitan is broken, Started eScribe, reads the VS 200 (replaced?), works as eScribe USB should. So, we wait for a VirtualBox USB fix. Anyone seeing that update please PM. THANKS