Can I change a rx200 dna from wattage to TC modes without using escribe, like if I'm in the car.

Most DNA200 are setup for Ni200 TC. The Reuleaux DNA200, the two I got had all eight profiles setup for Ni200 running in TC.

You don't have to use EScribe at all to use wattage mode (like Kanthal). The DNA200 like all mods I know about will kick out of TC mode with Kanthal, Nichrome, and other non-TC material. So you can use it that way if you want.

Or you can click 5 times to lock it. Then hold the plus and minus keys at the same time for a few seconds and it will popup the temperature. Now hold the plus down until it maxes out. Let up on the key and tap it down once more. Now it displays OFF. That means temperature mode is now off. Press the fire button five times to unlock and there you go. Adjust the wattage to your liking. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Here is a manual I wrote that might also help you out. This shows you what you can do without EScribe.

DNA200 OPERATIONAL MANUAL

MAIN

Up/Down (5 sec) lock wattage or temp (Temp-Dominant dependent)
Up/Down (5 sec) then twice Up (or Down) to change Profile

LOCK (5 clicks)

Up/Down (5 sec) adjusts temp or wattage (Temp-Dominant dependent)
Fire/Up (5 sec) lock ohms
Fire/Dn (5 sec) Stealth/Normal
Fire/UD (5 sec) Change Material

• 1 month later...
Alendaran said:

I'm sorry but you are mistaken. The Wismec Reuleaux powered by Evolv DNA 200 is indeed a evolv dna machine and the menus do not work as in a regular RX200. I know because I have both.

I'm sorry, but YOU are mistaken.  In your original post you said "RX200".  The Wismec RX200 is NOT a DNA device.  The Wismec Reuleaux IS a DNA device.  Get it?  If you have both then you should certainly know what both are called... (because it's on the box).

Wismec's web site shows that the new version Reuleaux RX200 is not a DNA200 but a different chip as is the Reuleaux RX200S.  Their web site shows a device named the Reuleaux DNA200 which is a DNA200.

Wismec web site (Products page):  http://www.wismec.com/product/

• 1 month later...

If it is an RX200 you are using, then it is the only way you will change settings due to it not connecting to Escribe. 

I think you have the DNA 200 Reuleaux, which I love, I do also own the cheaper RX200 and RX2/3, which are fine devices, just not on the same level as the Evolv powered version. 

If you connect a standard build, the device will detect it is not a TC wire, and you can adjust wattage, while if you put a TC build on it will be detected-you just need to choose what wire type you are using, you can do this by locking the device, holding all buttons and selecting the material, this is as long as you have the materials on the device. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is the manual that worked for me.

Basic Functions:

• To Lock the device: Press the fire button 5 times and the Lock message will appear on the screen.
  • To Lock the wattage: Hold the + and - wattage buttons for 5 seconds until the Power Locked message appears on the screen.
  • To Lock the ohms of the atomizer: Lock the device then hold the fire button and + wattage button for 5 seconds until the message appears on the screen.
  • Stealth Mode (turn the screen off): Lock the device then hold the fire button and - wattage button for 5 seconds until the message appears on the screen.
  • Change temperature: Lock the device then hold the + and - wattage buttons for 5 seconds until the message appears on the screen.
  • Switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius: While adjusting the temperature, scroll down from 200 Fahrenheit or 100 Celsius.
  • Turn temperature control off: While adjusting the temperature, scroll up until the screen displays OFF.
  • Change Profiles: While the wattage is locked, press the + or - wattage button twice and scroll through profiles with the + and - wattage buttons. Once the desired profile is selected, press the fire button to confirm selection.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...