Think Vape Panzer Box

GrumpyJoe

Hey all, just received my first DNA200 a few days ago and it's the Panzer Box by Think Vape.

Being new to the whole DNA200 scene, I started tinkering in escribe and made a few custom screens up, but that's about all I have really done so far.

The battery is supposed to be a 1500mAh 3S LiPo (SDL823562HP - 1500 mAh according to the manufacturer AD brand made by Shida Batteries) and the watt hours set by the manufacturer 15.  Using the calculator, it should be 16.65, but if I change it, my mod tells me that the battery is only 90% charged when each cell is @ 4.20V.  Any suggestions?

Secondly, the soft cut-off is set to 3.59V, this seems a bit high, so I changed it to 3.3V for now.

Thanks for any help available :)

GrumpyJoe said:

Hey all, just received my first DNA200 a few days ago and it's the Panzer Box by Think Vape.

Being new to the whole DNA200 scene, I started tinkering in escribe and made a few custom screens up, but that's about all I have really done so far.

The battery is supposed to be a 1500mAh 3S LiPo (SDL823562HP - 1500 mAh according to the manufacturer AD brand made by Shida Batteries) and the watt hours set by the manufacturer 15.  Using the calculator, it should be 16.65, but if I change it, my mod tells me that the battery is only 90% charged when each cell is @ 4.20V.  Any suggestions?

Secondly, the soft cut-off is set to 3.59V, this seems a bit high, so I changed it to 3.3V for now.

Thanks for any help available :)

best bet..........read through the threads here in this forum on the proper way to run battery analyzer, then run it at your avg vaping wattage and that'll give you an accurate batt meter and should charge to  100% most, if not all the time. mine charge to 100% after running the analyzer. also run case analyzer and do a mod resistance test (all of these tests are explained in this forum, do some reading, it'll help). all these analyzers are to make your dna board more accurate with the battery and the enclosure it came in.

I was looking to see if anyone had experience with the Panzer Box.  I did search these forums for that and came up empty.  I have looked on YouTube for videos, but all I came up with were elaborate setups with resistors/blocks and meters.  I will do some more digging, thanks for your input.

Grumpy

• 2 months later...
morphflow said:

Hello all, Does anyone know the mod resistance of the Panzer Box DNA 200?I don't have the tools to run this test and I cannot find it through the manufacturer (Think Vape) Thanks a lot and happy vaping;-)

If you're interested in the tool, you can find it here. https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66031-topic/

Panzer settings from djlsbvapes.com
Battery:

Capacity: 15,85

Electrical:

Mod Resistance: 0,025

Thermal:

Case Cooling Time Constant: 460,91

Case Heating Time Constant: 203,11

Case USB Charge Temperature Rise: 11,75

Minimum Ambient Temperature: -20

Maximum Ambient Temperature: 110

Jace said:

Panzer settings from djlsbvapes.com
Battery:

Capacity: 15,85

Electrical:

Mod Resistance: 0,025

Thermal:

Case Cooling Time Constant: 460,91

Case Heating Time Constant: 203,11

Case USB Charge Temperature Rise: 11,75

Minimum Ambient Temperature: -20

Maximum Ambient Temperature: 110

I'm not to sure what to make of the mod resistance, if one of mine come up with a figure like 0.025? I'd be tearing it down to find the problem. Isn't that about what he listed for the Hcigar 200 as well?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
dwcraig1 said:

I'm not to sure what to make of the mod resistance, if one of mine come up with a figure like 0.025? I'd be tearing it down to find the problem. Isn't that about what he listed for the Hcigar 200 as well?

Yes it is, I too was concerned, bought a brass plug and checked the mod resistance and came up with .008, not the best I've seen but MUCH better than .025 and my SS temp control is much better since I changed it.

• 1 month later...

your pack is inline with the 3 cells. they also seem to be balanced. the lipo and fuse seem to be OK. will the device power on, even temporarily, if you HOLD DOWN the fire button (not just press and let go, hold the fire button in) and keep it held in? another thing to try, what happens if you plug in the USB charger and press the fire button? does the device display "check battery"? can you post a screenshot of your battery settings in EScribe?

what's happening is the mod, since it sees no battery, is dragging your laptop's USB voltage way down to the point of drawing too much power from the port when you try to fire the atty. basically it's trying to fire the atty by using the USB voltage instead of the battery. don't do that anymore or at least don't use your laptop as the USB power source.

looks like you're running very old firmware. try updating to EScribe 1.2 SP5. the link is at the bottom of this post, in my signature.

if that doesn't work, it could be the fuse. it's hard to tell from the picture but it does look like there is a little discoloration of the fuse.

in that case i would open a help ticket with evolv. that link is also located in my signature.