Accidentally restored default config and now lost?? [ThinkVape Finder 167 DNA250]

Clairenix

Hi Guys,

I've restored config on my Finder 167 and thought it was going to be the same as out of the box but little did I know that it restored the chip into zero and had to set even the battery again...

I've lost all the OEM configuration and even the case configs and I'm completely lost now.. What should I do? 

I've recently got the batteries running and can vape now but I'm not sure what else I should do..

black lace said:

does escribe not read and save your settings? To a seperate file in documents, so even if you delete escribe you will still have them to retrieve later. ..

I was not able to make a backup beforehand It was an accident per se; I mindlessly clicked it not realizing what I have done..

black lace said:

Oh well you got it now, lol, How long where you using it befor you realised it had re set, i wouldnt have thought that fine case res and battery would have stoped you from getting a draw off it..

Immediately as it also deleted battery settings, luckily someone on reddit shared their 2 cell settings and it allowed me to vape on the raw DNA250 while i was at the office.

VapingBad said:

As long as you have the correct battery type and cell number (2 or 3) the defaults are fine, you should only loose a little accuracy at low res and high power, nothing to stop you getting a decent vape.

The default didn't work since it had inaccurate wattage and capacity. It gave me a check battery error.

Clairenix said:

Hey guys, got something to follow up this discussion.

I've noticed the the OEM soft cell cutoff was 2.5v, I've read alot that it was recommended to be 3.09v.. Would you guys have any good guesses as to why it was 2.5v default?

3.09v is common cutoff for lipos. I use 2.7v for the cutoff when I'm using 18650's. And 3v when I'm using a lipo. 2.5v Is too low for the device. The board won't operate under 2.5v.

Clairenix said:

Mine seems to be operating just fine at 2.5v but ofcourse I'm still curious as to why it's what ThinkVape set it at. I'm planning on bumping it up at around 2.7-2.9 but I'm not really seeing its effects for the past few days I've been using it.

bump it up to 2.85, like dwcraig1 suggested. my point about the 2.5v value is, the board will not operate below that voltage. just because you set "2.5" in EScribe doesn't mean the device accepted that value. there's a minimum voltage the board needs to see before it'll even turn on. there's a difference between voltage at rest and voltage under load as well. also DNA's have a hard cutoff voltage (non adjustable) and soft cutoff voltage (which you're able to set in EScribe). 

• 3 weeks later...