Weak Battery VT75.

kaide23

AMD.... at 2.5v set for your cell soft cutoff, have you noticed any strange behavior when the battery is low and you're actually hitting that 2.5v limit cutoff? when i tried a CSC of 2.5v the dna 75 didn't like it, spitting out shorted and other errors when the sag reached that voltage. the hard cutoff is 2.5v so there is no wiggle room left for the board. the dna 75 will not operate below 2.5v and setting my CSC that low caused the board to intermittently reset when trying to vape with a low battery. curious as to your findings when your new lifepo gets seriously low in voltage. 

Actually you are right, and I did experience the Hard Cutoff before I saw any Soft Cutoff. That's why I changed 2.5V to 2.7V later today. But I did not see any abnormal activity of the board all day today even when there was no room to wiggle. :) The only thing that I do not know how to do, is how to limit USB charging to 3.6V? For now, I'm only charging LiFePo4 in my external charger.
And by the way, real capacity of A123 LiFePo4, that I get, using SkyRC MC3000 and SkyRC D100, is around 2700 mAh.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loaded the csv file. Now showing battery life but dips on firing to 50% then goes up again? 2 puffs and showing weak battery again. Saw your post re evolv lipo response. Basically, this thing is currently useless unless I can make it work. No tc because of reduced power under weak battery. Looking like a swizz. Should have spent £ 160 on a decent yihi rather than £ 100 on dna75 and 50quid on a new lofepo4 battery and battery charger. Might be an easy fix but if no solution then I reckon yihi vs DNA is an easy equation to solve! No graphs needed

Markyt123, I still am using my LiFePo4 batteries. Granted, DNA75 cannot use all of it's capacity because it's Hard Cutoff voltage is 2.5V. But above 2.5V (approximately 70% of battery capacity) it is using like no other battery could. Lower your Soft Cutoff voltage in Escribe and you won't be seeing Weak Battery very often.
As I mentioned before, my first experience with A123, that I purchased on eBay, was not very pleasant. You guessed it.. Because it was FAKE.

Markyt123 do you have the same battery as one AMDtrucking used?  The csv only acts as a look up for the board to estimate the battery level and will only be valid for that make and model of battery, it does not affect performance.  By that csv the voltage difference between 31.5% and 95.2% is only 0.07 V so it's going to be extremely difficult for any mod designed to use a 3.7 V Li battery to estimate a percentage with any accuracy in that range. 

It is worth checking all your connections are clean and tight, and looking at the voltage sag in EScribe to better evaluate if your battery can work, but If it can't you can use a more standard battery so all is not lost.

(The DNA 75 was not designed to use LiFePo4 batteries, they are not supported and you are in the at your own risk experimental zone, not saying it's impossible, just not supported.)

I know a little knowledge is a dangerous thing so I'll be careful. I'll learn how to read the graphs. So tricky because I'm determined to get more knowledge but trial and error seems the only way. Forums are great but I'd just like to be able to find some decent literature or someone to sit and talk me through it. Hey ho.

IDK, but as I said if you look at the csv the voltage difference between 31.5% and 95.2% is only 0.07 V so it's going to be extremely difficult for any mod designed to use a 3.7 V Li battery to estimate a percentage with any accuracy in that range.  The voltage sag during a puff would be far larger than that 0.07 V and may explain why the meter shows it as empty.  Say before your puff the battery is 3.30 V about 77%, during the puff it sags 0.2 V to 3.1 V about 4% then recovers to 3.295 V after the puff about 73%.   I am making the numbers up to illustrate how a tiny difference in that batteries voltage makes a far larger difference to the estimation of charge using the csv.

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure if this question has been answered or if this is even the right place to post this question. I got a therion 75 the other day and it was used. The battery bar will blink when I'm using it. Ive got a herkales plus on it with a 0.4ohm coil and I'm vaping it at 65 watts. Also, the battery is at 68%.... Anyone have any idea to why this is happening. Is there something on escribe that I'm not setting up correctly?? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The battery indicator flashing is the 'Check Battery' message...Can you post a screen shot of 'Device Monitor' in Escribe & of the 'Mod' tab?

Edit: Device Monitor screen shot while firing the device...check 'Pack', 'Power' , 'Power Set' , 'Cold Ohms' , 'Live Ohms'

I cleaned off the terminals. Seems to have some decent resistance on the springs for the negative connections. Maybe its the batteries? It doesn't flash when the batteries are above 70%. I'm going to try using it until it's under 70 with the batteries I just put in. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.. I see your name is Giz, would that be the same as GizzardStew from YouTube??