Vapedroid C1D2 Down Button not working !!!

flo_46

Hi,

I just bought a Vapedroid C1D2, and the down button is not working properly. the down button, in wattage mode, goes up instead and I can't access the menu for TC and what not...
Using the monitor on Escribe, the "simulate button press" works fine, but on the mod it doesn't, so I guess the board is ok ? am I wrong ?

So my questions are :

Does it come from faulty welding on the dna board ?

Can I repare this myself ? if yes how ? menaning Is it complicated to strip down the mod and fix it ?

i looked at the data sheet, I've seen where the problem might come from (holes 3, 4, 5 or 6 ) but i would apreciate some insight before I go further.

Thanks for your replies

In EScribe under the Mod Tab and the Mechanical Setting what does it say, Normal or Swapped?  Under the Screen Tab look at Display Settings and does it  say Right or Left.  

Right and Normal  - up and down buttons operate and are oriented to the way the screen faces
Left and Swapped  - up and down buttons operate and are oriented to the way the screen now faces

Mixing any combination orients the screen one way and the buttons in the opposite orientation (up would be down opposing the way the screen faces).

Maybe this may help if not set accordingly... 

Wayneo said:

Welcome @flo_46

Why don't you return it to your place of purchase for a replacement? BTW, if the 'down' button makes the wattage go 'up', what does pressing the 'up' button do? 

hey ! thanks for welcoming me !

The up button goes up also ! i can only go up !

@retird : it says normal i tried switching to swapped and it only goes down now (the 2 buttons )
under the screen tab it says left,
i've tried every combination...either the 2 buttons go up, or the 2 button go down !

what do you think ?

flo_46 said:

hey,

I can't, it's second hand, hence my questions !

Judging by the picture you posted, it appears that the #6 pin has never been soldered on...indicating that the board has probably been replaced & whoever installed it, has wired both of the switches to the same circuit...double check the wiring from the switches to the board!

I can totally see that giz_60 ! Now my biggest concern is how to get the board out since the wires are on the other sides ! I' no expert ! Like i said ealier i think i have to unscrew (if i find the right tool) the 3 torx screws at gnd and then check the wiring ! Thanks

hey, so i took the board off... and it looks like this IMG_2811.jpg 

it appears the #6 has nowhere to connect to...
Can someone tell me why there's only one wire on this side ?
the black wire is connected on #5 (up +) ? Is it normal there's no wire on #4 (down +) ?

Somebody help !!!! what's wrong with this setup ?

Thanks !

Sure doesn't look like a 75 board...check the difference from this picture off of Evolv's website...

dna75.jpg 

Button layout is completely different, as well as components on the board....markings on the board, etc...you may have a cloned board. But it appears that the black wire has been added & connected to pin #5 is probably why the down button is also activating 'up' as well. You might try removing the black wire & see if that fixes your issue.

I think the Dna board is underneath the one you see, cause there a 2 boards on my set up

I can see the "up" written on one side and "down" on the other side just like it shows on the dna picture.

Also, when i connect to evolv  website via escribe, I have no issue, I don't think it's a clone issue...just a wiring one.

cutting the black wire ? are you sure ????

thanks  !!!!!!

I didn't see the second board in your picture till I blew it up...if the #5 pin on that board is connected to the #5 pin on the DNA 75 board, then the down button on that board is connected to the 'up' circuit on the 75 board. Judging by your picture, that wire appears to have been added on...Remove it at your own risk, but that's what I would try.

No offense taken...you should be able to tell if the wire has been added by the solder joints. Also, there are no other wires coming from the other switch either. It's possible that there was some kind of issue & someone added the wire to get the down button working & soldered it to the wrong pin...at this point, it is a guessing game, since you got the device second hand...Good Luck!!

the up and down button's neg pin-outs on the dna are tied directly together / to ground. looks like VD used a common ground path for both -/+, requiring the use of only 3 of the 4 available -/+ pin-outs. this is common practice to save material (wire) and time.

short answer - the last up button pin-out not being soldered is OK and not needed. 

@flo_46 can you take a better, closer pic of VD's daughter board for me? i might be able to help you out.....

also... can you check for continuity between these two point of the switch. should have continuity when button is pressed, no continuity when not pressed.
VD_daughter_board.png