Vapedroid C1D2 Down Button not working !!!

flo_46

It may be beneficial to contact Vapedroid and explain what is going on with your device....  They may be able to guide you and/or address your issue.. Contact information given within this link......

https://www.vapedroid.com/product-page/531c96ba-5c27-51cc-a403-c2d736afd935

Well, that at least that verifies that the wire was the cause of the down/left button to act like it did. It would appear, now this is pure speculation based on info available, that there was an issue in the past of the down/left button not working, so someone tried to remedy the issue by adding the wire to connect the switch direct instead of through the board circuitry, and soldered it to the wrong pin. If you have a meter, you check continuity between the switch...where the wire was soldered to...and the #4 pin. 

if you want to try something, solder that wire back where it was on the leg of the down button (make sure it's soldered on the SAME leg where it originally was!) and solder it to the 3rd pinout (circled in red). it was originally soldered in the wrong pinout .
THIS FIX WILL ONLY WORK ASSUMING THE ACTUAL BUTTON WORKS (which i'm guessing it does since it functioned as a second up button because of the incorrect placement)!
VD_daughter_board.png

o
r wait and see what VD says. up to you. if i had the board in-hand i'd be able to fix it for you in 10-15 min. if the button is bad i have replacement SMD tact switches of that exact model. i mainly buy them for replacing vaporshark's faulty firing buttons.

VD_daughter_board.png

Hey,

So I managed, asking around in my favorite vape shop, to take a peek inside a working C1D2 (if it ever existed :D) and I took a picture ChunkyButt200, tell what you think before I start heating up the soldering iron...
so here's mine

IMG_2840.jpg 

and here's my the (working) one I got my hands on, they're a slight difference at the C1-C2 area...

IMG_2829.jpg 

If this changes what you thought I should do, let me know !

Thanks a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

hello to you, what is the hex key size do i need to unscrew the 3 screw on this dna75 c1d2 board? 1 screw is stripped down and i dont know the size i need to order spare screws. i need to open it to fix the same down button issue on mine. thanks xian