Screen Lights up on it's own :(

steamer861

BillW50 I tried several old firmwares I think it got worse :( Now the screen wont go off at all. I haven't  started RMA yet there's no one home on the weekend.
I will shoot them an email Monday. There is just barely enough room for a single 18650 sled in the ERM, dual is definitely out for that enclosure.
What you can do is use several lipos in Parallel & get a battery that will last a long time. Only down fall is it's not interchangeable.
For me thats the best thing about the new 75 watt board. Now if i'm going to work I bring a 1300mAH mod so the battery lasts all day, with the new 75 watt board I can just bring a spare battery :)

Ok. Well it is better that it stays acting up when sending it in. As if it only acted up say only 1% of the time, they might return it saying there isn't anything wrong with it.

Ok about only room for one 18650. I only see them on my huge computer screen. And everything I get ends up being a lot smaller than it looked on the screen. :crazy:

I generally stay away from lipo mods myself. As 18650 mods are just too convenient for me. Who knows, maybe my ERM will house a DNA75 too. :idea:

if you remove your board and look at your jst block soldering, you may have a bad connection there or a single strand of wire intermitantly shorting across from one lead to anouther may be enough, to trigger a screen responce, either way your board will be coming out to get sent back, i can see that your soldering is cold, (poorly flowed) when building or assembling a mod or any other componant, the fitter should trust the solid state componant as one of mass produced thousands is of good order and should first check, even reado his work,, you said days ago that your soldering is sound but it can be clearly be seen that it is poor and you wish to over look it, and go on and on about the problem rather than the cause,, in the workplace i would have condemed it alot sooner than you but i would also susspect that anouther incident has occurrd that you havent mentioned, eg, you have shorted the board live, seen sparks and know that any further practical handed work would be futile.. there is also clear evidence of somthing desoldered from the ground tab.. suggesting it is a board salvaged from anouther mod or you initialy wiered it up wrong.

I don't think the soldering is the issue, maybe it's not the best, but it doesn't look dry and is a lot better than some I've seen in commercial mods.  The ground pads often come like that and I happen to know where Steamer got his boards from and he has made at least 8 other working DNA 200s.

VapingBad said:

I don't think the soldering is the issue, maybe it's not the best, but it doesn't look dry and is a lot better than some I've seen in commercial mods.  The ground pads often come like that and I happen to know where Steamer got his boards from and he has made at least 8 other working DNA 200s.

Thank You VB :) I tried to write all the old soft wears to it, I went down the list.
The screen problem went away :) But now even worse the USB wont charge the battery any more and one of my cells is real weak :(
Down around the 1 volt range :( another is 2.46 & the last one is 3.20 
I tried a hard reset & nothing happened also tried to do the usb regeneration charge on the battery pack & it wouldn't  work either, I'm pretty sure what ever is wrong with this board it's software related :(
I will be the first to admit I'm not the best with a soldering Iron.
But I can get by, Not only have I built 9 other DNA200's I have built 8 DNA30's and 10 DNA40's. I was confident on this particular board my soldering was solid.

My plan all along was to make this ERM enclosure a 75 watt mod, But being impatient & having a spare 200 just sitting here I got a battery from Evolv & just put it together.
Now seeing how my battery is probably screwed, I will just wait for the new board & keep the DNA200 for a spare if/when it gets back from RMA.

VapingBad said:

Unfortunayly vb no disrespect everyone entiteled to an opinion but i disagree with yours on this occasion, i am looking at heated flux staining around the ground out tab as well as solder, the soldering that can be seen is very bad, moor hot dirty flux bonded, no alloying of the two surfaces can be seen, a dry as you like to say, or porus joint may have been easier identifiable as suss, but reading through the thread would he have addressed them, i think not, we have still not yet seen the soldering at the jst tabs. And for someone who has built 18 plus mods leaves me asking "whats the craick:, also for you to say you know who he had the boards off,,, what on earth has that got to do with anything. Are you saying they are selling boards fetched out the bin? The op will go allong with anyone who says somthing favourable , i havent said i oppose an rma its not my buissiness, i even said flip the board out and check your jst tabs because its coming out anyway.. if your backing him up because you wish to keep sweet the person you happen to know gave him the boards, your opinion is biase... I could have done a better job in the brownies and i would have got a badge ta put next ta me tea pot badge.. prahaps if he wraps it up with vinegar and brown papper and puts it to bed, it will be better on day five, lmao

• 11 months later...

was there ever a fix or cause for this, I have a mod doing this right now. sitting static no atomizer screen lights up. out of warranty the mod builder said it was a board issue. just checking before I rip it out and RMA the board.  Have not hooked it up to escribe set up as a 167 with dual 18650 in a G+.  Any information would be appreciated.