Jump to content

dwcraig1

Moderators
  • Posts

    2,497
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    177

Everything posted by dwcraig1

  1. Prior to seeing the pictures of the wires I ordered 4 Samsung 25r's, they came in a couple of days ago. When I got them charged up I installed them in my Wismec and compared the voltage drop @ 100 watts to the Mxjo 3000's that I had previously tested, the result was the Samsung's fared just slightly better (just). I decided to stay with the Mxjo's thinking maybe they really are 3000 mah. My 18 gauge silicone wire arrives today, still on the fence as to whether or not to use it, I doubt if it will be worth the effort but may do it anyway.
  2. The ground strap coming off the battery cradle is doing it's job well (also is the 510 ground), I measured voltage between battery #1 negative and the base of atty while firing @ 28 watts and got 0.02 volts. It's good that they didn't make it out of aluminum from "the" hat.
  3. ^^^ agreed
  4. Ya that sounds right, balance tap, I wasn't thinking about that. Thanks. No problem all all there then.
  5. The length of that wire and it's light gauge sure looks like a problem.
  6. That spot where the long red wire makes the bend, is that melted plastic from the wire getting hot? My wire will be here in a couple of days.
  7. I suppose but it would be just as easy or easier to replace them. I think there's little to be gained by changing them though, seems the 18650's might be more of where the voltage drop comes from.
  8. I was looking for where the battery sled grounded, not the board. The screw under the foam plug isn't tamper proof, the foam may be a means of determining if it was tampered with though. I think it may be where the sled grounds. It screws into the hole next to negative output pad
  9. Here is live view of Wismec at 180 watts: And Vapecige firing at 180 watts: Maybe just a difference in the batteries, maybe the wire gauge, maybe both. But if I were a power user I'd stick with the lipo. I really like the Wismec regardless.
  10. I don't believe it's silicone, what I did was probe at it with a very small (sharp) precision screw driver and decided it was pretty hard insulation. Also it seemed quite stiff. To determine the gauge, well that was done visually comparing it to a wire in hand which I then measured (real accurate I know). I was more interested in satisfying myself as to what was used. BTW if chassis ground was used, I didn't see it, that would make the wire gauge on the B+ less critical as only half the length of wire is used.
  11. I'd do a live view of voltage sag comparing my Wismec and Vapecige box @ 200 watts but I'm afraid to run the Wismec much harder. Actually other than maybe temp being off a bit at higher wattage the end result would probably be premature weak battery display. I doubt that the wires would fry.
  12. OK here's the other two wires for balance: I didn't get the sled out, probably related to the spring loaded contacts. I didn't want to be searching for little pieces. I did see what I was after and that being the B+ wire. Not silicone and I'd guess it to be 20 gauge. Sorry about the crap picture, I didn't realize it was that bad till I re-assembled the mod. Edited: B+, it's 20 gauge
  13. I only see two balance wires, the third is B+. I'm not counting the one that joins the cells.
  14. The DNA200 does a much bettter job of charging to 4.2 than my I-4, the I-4 thinks it needs to take them to 4.26 volts. (my does anyway)
  15. where are the balance leads? whats soldered on the four balance taps.[/QUOTE]Good question.
  16. Here is live view using same build but with a 900 mah lipo, note that the pack here is only charged to 12.1 volts where as the earlier test with the 18650' was @ 12.6 volts.
  17. There is obviously a problem with it as seen by the battery sag in the live view that I posted. I tested these batteries individually and got 36+ amps from the Mxjo's and 38+ amps from the Lg's pulsed with 0.1? load.
  18. I my open mine later this day. I expect to find it has chassis ground too.
  19. It my take a couple charge /use/ charges cycle before it gets perfect.
  20. Just need to bring it up to the voltage of the other two, or charge the other two the same way.
  21. I think they connected B- at another spot, the small diameter black wire seems to be for just balance. Gee, if they are 18 gauge already, well I ordered some 18 gauge silicone wire this morning.
  22. I may someday correct these wires but at the wattage I use they are no problem, but for some folks they probably will be.
  23. Do you have a volt meter? Check this thread.... #17 /topic/67772-topic/?do=findComment&comment=910038
  24. I just did the same "test" with some LG HE4's, just about identical so I'm ruling out the batteries as the culprit. "vernier"? is that a caliper? I have a caliper, but those aren't my pictures. Maybe the wires will "pop" before the fuse...LOL
  25. How about posting a live view shot firing something 25 amps? Here's mine at just under 26 amps using 3 Mxjo 3000's. The pack was 12.5 volts on the start.
×
×
  • Create New...