Settings for TC on DNA75c for NiFe48, SS316L, SS304L

Yol

Hi. I have a ZQ Essent dna75c mod. There are three types of wire: SS316L (Temco, 28GA), NiFe48 (Zivipf, 28GA), SS304L (INOWIRE, 28ga). I want to try TC on these wires without involving Replay.
What should I do next? What settings should I enter in Escribe? Does anyone have any good ready-made settings for these wires?

And a couple more questions:
1. How many turns of this wire should I make for the mtl tank (Neeko rta)?
2. Does the diameter of the wire play any role at all?
3. Can these wires be pre-fired for cleaning?
4. Does the cotton need to be inserted tightly into the coil?
5. Is the TC on the dna60/75 very different from the dna75c/100c?
6. Which wire is the most stable and suitable for temperature control?

I don't know English very well, so the youtube video tutorial I just don't understand. Help me here, please🙏

1 hour ago, Yol said:

There are three types of wire: SS316L (Temco, 28GA), NiFe48 (Zivipf, 28GA), SS304L (INOWIRE, 28ga). I want to try TC on these wires without involving Replay.

Why do you say that? TC without Replay is the normal way. TC with Replay is a hybrid only few should ever use and brings complexity. Replay with no material curve is the normal way. Do you own those wires right now?

1 hour ago, Yol said:

What should I do next?

Download the proper material curves into your mod, and use them in your profiles.
1. You can simulate a build in steam-engine. There is nothing special OR a spaced build the span of the connectors OR build to an ohm range.
2. None whatsoever. A thicker wire (lower awg) might be easier to coil. A thinner wire will heat up quicker.
3. Absolutely yes. Low power to burn off oils and make sure it's heating from the center out. Plus you get to see if it's got hot legs.
4. Snug through the coil.
5. No. Internally some things are different. The temp on any DNA should be the same.
6. Out of your 3, the NiFe so long as you use the proper TFR/TCR.

Are you a new vaper? Are you new to DNA mods?

• Like 1

15 минут назад, Wayneo сказал:

Do you own those wires right now?

Hello! Yes, i have those wires.

1. You can simulate a build in steam-engine. There is nothing special OR a spaced build the span of the connectors OR build to an ohm range.

I dont know how, because i see only one wire, what i have right now - ss316L. Nife and 304L are not on the list on website

3. Absolutely yes. Low power to burn off oils and make sure it's heating from the center out. Plus you get to see if it's got hot legs.

good, but some people write that the space coil from SS or Nife cannot be burned after installation, because something changes there, This is not true?

Are you a new vaper? Are you new to DNA mods?

I am not a new vaper (i use only vw). And yes, i can say, i am a new to DNA mods

Edited by Yol

11 minutes ago, Yol said:

I dont know how, because i see only one wire, what i have right now - ss316L. Nife and 304L are not on the list on website

There is already SS316 on your mod. That is fine. Your NiFe48 from zivipf should say what the TCR value is. I have a post about NiFe here to match/help with the zivipf value https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/1570-6-nife-material-files-and-tcr-list-for-all-dna-mods/  Use that to create a custom TCR file for your mod. There is also an Inowire profile from someone else. I have no clue about authenticity or correctness.

19 minutes ago, Yol said:

but some people write that the space coil from SS or Nife cannot be burned after installation, because something changes there, This is not true?

NOT TRUE at vaping temperatures. Notice I said low power. Whenever you see shit like that ask what temperature that occurs.

May I ask why you are so against Replay? It's a much simpler way to get dry burn protection. MOST people don't even use TC the way it was intentioned. It has always been 'Temperature Protection', a limit your coil should not exceed. MOST think their coil should rise rapidly to the set temp and stay there.

• Like 1

1 час назад, Wayneo сказал:

There is already SS316 on your mod. That is fine. Your NiFe48 from zivipf should say what the TCR value is. I have a post about NiFe here to match/help with the zivipf value https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/1570-6-nife-material-files-and-tcr-list-for-all-dna-mods/  Use that to create a custom TCR file for your mod. There is also an Inowire profile from someone else. I have no clue about authenticity or correctness.

Thanks for the links! Unfortunately, I could not find information in your post about nife48:( I will try to find myself or somehow apply your settings. And the settings for INOWIRE wire, apparently, are only good for 26GA, not 28GA. But I will try it with them. Thanks again!

NOT TRUE at vaping temperatures. Notice I said low power. Whenever you see shit like that ask what temperature that occurs.

So, i can pre-burn my SS/Nife coil on 5 watts, for example. Then i can snug cotton and block my ohms. Right? I remembered what they said: the resistance of the coil changes, so you can ruin it. Or you have to wait a very long time for it to cool down and then block it. Something like that.

May I ask why you are so against Replay? It's a much simpler way to get dry burn protection. MOST people don't even use TC the way it was intentioned. It has always been 'Temperature Protection', a limit your coil should not exceed. MOST think their coil should rise rapidly to the set temp and stay there.

I just want to try a real TC and compare it to the Replay. And I think the Replay is not as accurate as the "manual" setting.

And I think TC is more than just dry hit protection. I read on the Dicodes website that in TC mode I get less toxic substances, my battery will last longer, the flavor of the vapor is improved, and I can adjust the temperature so as not to burn my throat/do not irritate the throat too much. For me it's about health, to put it succinctly. At least, that's what I think based on what I've read. That's great news to me, especially after the recent scientific research that vaping severely damages human DNA

Edited by Yol

3 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Your NiFe48 from zivipf should say what the TCR value is.

Go to Zivipf. Find their TCR value for your wire. Maybe it's the one that says 400.

I have a post about NiFe here to match/help with the zivipf value

From my NiFe post

Here's how to understand or create just a custom TCR file from the 'TCR in vaping range' values or given to you by a vendor. 
Vendor says 404 you would create 0.00404 as the TCR value

1 hour ago, Yol said:

So, i can pre-burn my SS/Nife coil on 5 watts, for example. Then i can snug cotton and block my ohms. Right?

I usually 12-15 watts. And do NOT block ohms on a DNA mod. You never need/should do that. After your pre-burn you should let the coil cool to ambient/room temp and re-measure the resistance. Like 15 minutes tops for your wire/material.

1 hour ago, Yol said:

And I think TC is more than just dry hit protection. I read on the Dicodes website that in TC mode I get less toxic substances, my battery will last longer, the flavor of the vapor is improved, and I can adjust the temperature so as not to burn my throat/do not irritate the throat too much.

Those can all be true depending on how you vape. But don't you already do that in VW? Turn the watts up/down so it's not burning and flavorful?

1 hour ago, Yol said:

great news to me, especially after the recent scientific research that vaping severely damages human DNA

Haven't heard or read that. Vaping damages more than cigarettes? 

• Like 1

9 часов назад, Wayneo сказал:

Go to Zivipf. Find their TCR value for your wire. Maybe it's the one that says 400.

Yes, TCR of my Nife -- 400. Thanks!

You never need/should do that

Hmmm, I thought resistance blocking was the basis of TC. I read reviews on reddit and other resources, and they all block the resistance, "because tc can not work with jumping resistance"

But don't you already do that in VW? Turn the watts up/down so it's not burning and flavorful?

VW are not comfortable for me. For example: sometimes, on the VW I get a very strong throat hit even at 3 mg. The kind that makes me hiccup and my stomach explode with pain (To be honest, on the background of this, I have already had bad diagnoses related to the stomach). And in Replay mode, I don't feel the throat hit at all. I hope the same will be true in regular TC mode.

Haven't heard or read that. Vaping damages more than cigarettes? 

https://academic.oup.com/ntr/advance-article-abstract/doi/10.1093/ntr/ntad003/7035481?redirectedFrom=fulltext

Edited by Yol

4 hours ago, Yol said:

Hmmm, I thought resistance blocking was the basis of TC. I read reviews on reddit and other resources, and they all block the resistance, "because tc can not work with jumping resistance"

From back in 2014 with the DNA40 you did NOT need to lock resistance for TC. Actually there was not even the ability to lock. But with the other manufacturer implementations you did. You might want to lock if you have shitty build or atty, but the correct answer is to fix your build.

4 hours ago, Yol said:

VW are not comfortable for me. For example: sometimes, on the VW I get a very strong throat hit even at 3 mg. The kind that makes me hiccup and my stomach explode with pain (To be honest, on the background of this, I have already had bad diagnoses related to the stomach). And in Replay mode, I don't feel the throat hit at all. I hope the same will be true in regular TC mode

I am guessing you believe your stomach issues and hiccups are directly related to the temperature of your vape, or you've been inhaling toxic chemicals according to dicodes. I wish you luck. So what temperature did they say that occurs so you know to stay below and safe?

4 hours ago, Yol said:

Right there in the Results section of that article, the very first sentence, it shows vaping is less harmful than smoking.

There is a lot crap written by a lot of people out there. This site is owned by Evolv and if we volunteer moderators spewed shit to their customers they would replace us in a heartbeat. When I say stuff that does not jive with what you read elsewhere, you should also question those persons.

And just as an add on to your question #2. The TCR of a material/wire does not change due to gauge, as even shown here at Zivipf (https://bit.ly/3EC3Mtp) every single material listed with a TCR value is the same regardless of gauge.

• Like 1