DNA screen bright when firing

Pigs

I've noticed the DNA 60 screen in my delro is at what appears to be maximum brightness when firing. I'd prefer it dimmer to save battery life (2200mAh lipo) but don't like stealth mode.

I've messed with the Brightness settings in Escribe and they upload and appear to operate as they should - except the Firing brightness. No matter where I set it (currently at 6%), it stays at maximum brightness while firing.

Can anybody help?

I've attached a screenshot of the Escribe Screen page.

DNA 60 bright screen while firing.tiff

I gave it a try on my College DNA60 and SXK BB, same results as you got. I even down graded the firmware with no results. I doubt if it will be of significate battery savings but find it interesting that it has the setting and doesn't do anything. 

You might try asking here:  https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=3

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

That's interesting and makes me feel a bit better that my setup doesn't seem to be faulty. I'm sure you're right about the battery savings but with this little lipo I'm trying to squeeze out as much life as I can.

I'll try that link.

Thanks for the welcome .

Edited by Pigs

I've messed with the Brightness settings in Escribe and they upload and appear to operate as they should - except the Firing brightness. No matter where I set it (currently at 6%), it stays at maximum brightness while firing.

By not having a DNA60 I might suggest starting a Ticket with Evolv.  Explain your situation to them as you did here.  They are really good at replying back.  Click on the link in my sig line below. The link to the right of the red wording.  Fill out the form and send it.

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2022 at 11:59 AM, Pigs said:

Thanks. I've already started a ticket - hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

Hi...sorry for bring up this few months old post...wanted to ask if you get any news from Evolv...regardless the max brightness while firing (DNA60)...?

TIA

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 4:12 AM, storm119 said:

Hi...sorry for bring up this few months old post...wanted to ask if you get any news from Evolv...regardless the max brightness while firing (DNA60)...?

TIA

Thanks for your interest. No unfortunately they didn't get back to me. And just now seeing Bill's post I guess I'll just have to live with it unless Evolv fix the bug. I'm also running SP6.1

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 6:19 AM, BillW50 said:

Wow! You're right. I just checked one of mine. The only setting that works (set to) is off while firing. Otherwise it is at max brightness. It must be a firmware bug.

This one is running SP6.1 INT (Device Manager).

Thanks Bill. I just set it to off while firing. Best solution for sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pigs said:

Thanks for your interest. No unfortunately they didn't get back to me. And just now seeing Bill's post I guess I'll just have to live with it unless Evolv fix the bug. I'm also running SP6.1

Recently bought SXK BB DNA60 and I'm noticing this behaviour too...was searching for the answer/solution and stumbled upon this thread...I'm on version 1.2 SP6.1 INT

Sidenote: that's pretty bad news to know they ( Evolv) didn't get back to you after 2 months...🙄 still hoping they working on fixing this!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't make any sense to have a slider in EScribe when all you can have is full brightness or off. Why not replace the slider with a switch instead? And why not have it adjustable like expected? This way it has a cheap Chinese engineered feel to it.

I also tried SP3 (an older firmware version) to see if that one does the same full brightness or off and it does.

• Like 2