Outdated material presets and box TCR input still missing

rcamarda

As a DNA user i would like avoiding Escribe. Am I stuck in Replay o VW?

Stock preset wires are not the first choice when you pick a wire for TC, they were some years ago' probably. Today nife48, nife30 are some quite commons choices.

But i can't use any of those as i've not the option to set a TCR, which is a common spec with vaping wires and a common feature of DNA competitors who delivers a great TC as well.

Is there any chance Evolv will have a look in presets and TCR box input?

As for this forum activity and SP update it seems the DNA movements is a bit on the silent side... 

Edited by rcamarda
TCR, TC, DNA, nife48, nife30

• rcamarda changed the title to Outdated material presets and box TCR input still missing

Point well taken @rcamarda. Although I don't know if it would make a difference for most DNA users. What I mean is I believe most DNA users would change how their DNAs came anyway. I, like many others change it to our liking with EScribe when we first get them. And that might be the first and last time we connect them to EScribe.

And the manufactures of DNA mods also share responsibility. They should tweak the DNA settings to their mod and to the best user experience. After all, you would think manufactures would want their mods to be ahead of the competition, right? And some high end manufactures does in fact do this. They add custom themes and more useful wire types. But most don't. They just wire up the board and shove it out the door unfortunately.

And yes, I could see how a settable TCR profile could be useful. But not having access to the schematics and to the firmware source code, I'm not sure if the current hardware this would be possible. It might require more board memory or something.

Another problem facing Evolv about making any changes whatsoever, is for the US market they have to submit a whole new PMTA application. Which is very time consuming and expensive to prepare. And the way things are going at the FDA, it would most likely be denied anyway. Until the government accepts innovation, users are kind of stuck with what we already had before Aug 8, 2016 unfortunately.  😟

• Like 1

15 ore fa, BillW50 ha scritto:

Point well taken @rcamarda. Although I don't know if it would make a difference for most DNA users. What I mean is I believe most DNA users would change how their DNAs came anyway. I, like many others change it to our liking with EScribe when we first get them. And that might be the first and last time we connect them to EScribe.

And the manufactures of DNA mods also share responsibility. They should tweak the DNA settings to their mod and to the best user experience. After all, you would think manufactures would want their mods to be ahead of the competition, right? And some high end manufactures does in fact do this. They add custom themes and more useful wire types. But most don't. They just wire up the board and shove it out the door unfortunately.

And yes, I could see how a settable TCR profile could be useful. But not having access to the schematics and to the firmware source code, I'm not sure if the current hardware this would be possible. It might require more board memory or something.

Another problem facing Evolv about making any changes whatsoever, is for the US market they have to submit a whole new PMTA application. Which is very time consuming and expensive to prepare. And the way things are going at the FDA, it would most likely be denied anyway. Until the government accepts innovation, users are kind of stuck with what we already had before Aug 8, 2016 unfortunately.  😟

Thank you for your answer. 

I do see your point but it leads to a sad scenario where DNA will become more marginal, and the process is accelerating. 

I don't know if today i would suggest a DNA to someone asking for a top notch chip for TC. The second after i suggest it i've to start: yes, but you have to connect to a computer and use a software to add up to date materials. You can't use a TCR. Manufacturer do screw things up and you have to calibrate internal box resistance and maybe thermal analysis. But you can use replay out of the box... maybe.

I really would feel more confident to suggest a Dicodes (expensive and with one of the worst UI and UX ever created) which works like a charm. I would suggest an Aegis solo, really cheap and a great TC out of the box and it has a TCR. And I think chip and mods with great TC out of the box will add up. 

I like DNA but i just feel it was leading the vaping chip market and it is sliding by the side and slowly falling behind just to be confined to a community of geeks. 

Regarding costs and investments, if Evolv itself does not invest in their products why should users?

Sorry if this sound rude, i do not mean to be rude just caring about a great chip.

Edited by rcamarda

5 minuti fa, dwcraig1 ha scritto:

image.thumb.png.8af42a8ea73225bbc3e2e3bfbaef32a1.pngthe

I believe that you are wanting to change TCR directly on the mod but it can be changed for various wire type in EScribe under the Materials/Action tab.

(Just incase that you weren't aware of it)

I did already know how to change it through escribe.

Thanks in any case for the time you took to answer ;)

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 8:48 AM, rcamarda said:

Stock preset wires are not the first choice when you pick a wire for TC, they were some years ago' probably. Today nife48, nife30 are some quite commons choices.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:19 AM, BillW50 said:

And the manufactures of DNA mods also share responsibility

@BillW50 is absolutely correct AND one of the 5 default evolv material entries IS Nife30. If it's not there that was done by Vapecige. 

However NiFexx is an oddity whereby different vendors use that suffix value to denote the Nickel content while others use it for the Iron content. Then on other mods you end up with 'M1 or T1  3200' and 'M2 or T2  4036' on other mods that do not allow you enter a material name. Oh yeah, which one's which?

Is there any chance Evolv will have a look in presets and TCR box input?

You can put that suggestion in at the Help Desk.

As for this forum activity and SP update it seems the DNA movements is a bit on the silent side... 

Both forum activity and SP updates are driven by user engagement. You personally have dealt with Evolv's Director of support, yet questioned the truthfulness of the answer. What other competitor has a dedicated user site or allows access to their non marketing employees?

• Like 1

is absolutely correct AND one of the 5 default evolv material entries IS Nife30. If it's not there that was done by Vapecige. 

I will reset to defaults to get the NiFe30.

However NiFexx is an oddity whereby different vendors use that suffix value to denote the Nickel content while others use it for the Iron content. Then on other mods you end up with 'M1 or T1  3200' and 'M2 or T2  4036' on other mods that do not allow you enter a material name. Oh yeah, which one's which?

I would just point out that Evolv would resolve the problem letting the user to set the TCR within the mod menus.

You can put that suggestion in at the Help Desk.

I'm sure this has been asked/requested in the past multiple time. It's not a strange feature, it's quite common on every mod. I don't think suggesting would make any difference.

Both forum activity and SP updates are driven by user engagement. You personally have dealt with Evolv's Director of support, yet questioned the truthfulness of the answer. What other competitor has a dedicated user site or allows access to their non marketing employees?

I'm happy for Evolv that the Evolv's Director of support dealt with me. I don't remember to question the truthfulness of anyone here (please be more specific, maybe you confuse me with someone else). 

Edited by rcamarda

You don’t need to reset to defaults. just start escribe with no mod attached, choose new 250c, when it opens go to material, select nife30 in the right hand window and move out to the left hand window. Now it’s available for all your moods just move it to their right hand window

• Like 3

1 ora fa, Wayneo ha scritto:

You don’t need to reset to defaults. just start escribe with no mod attached, choose new 250c, when it opens go to material, select nife30 in the right hand window and move out to the left hand window. Now it’s available for all your moods just move it to their right hand window

Thanks, i'll go through it.

Can you please point out where i did question the truthfulness of someone because i can't find it and i do pay attention to be polite. 

Edited by rcamarda