Temperature Control with Stainless Steel 316L

kidkev

Hi, the message "temp protect" - only sporadically at that - sounds very much like a short circuit in the Atty in this context; or that you have contact with the housing of the Atty with the wire ends of your coil somewhere. What happens if you only use the deck alone (please wet the cotton well). Or, if you use a top coiler, without a top cap?

19 hours ago, CMK said:

Hi, the message "temp protect" - only sporadically at that - sounds very much like a short circuit in the Atty in this context; or that you have contact with the housing of the Atty with the wire ends of your coil somewhere. What happens if you only use the deck alone (please wet the cotton well). Or, if you use a top coiler, without a top cap?

I disassembled the atomizer and checked it carefully. sounds like the gold coating on the inner parts is disappearing (wearing out) sporadically and this is causing inconsistent ohm reading which is very important for TC mode.

during atomizer analysis, I got multiple different ohms such as 0.381, 0.39, 0.41, and up and down again without even touching the coil or Atty!!

fortunately, the inner parts are fully detachable, thus, Re-plating should be a good solution.

that picture is from last year😄. just joking...

after that post, I tried with a single coil setup and everything went fine and the resistance changed whenever I was firing. But then, the "temp protect" error started appearing!

everything was fine and the temperature-sensing material detected by the device and my setup was 0.4 ohm and 150c with 30wat power. but temperature protection didn't let me fire. even with a cooled atomizer and ohm remeasurement.

Seriously, I've tried everything...

I will put the statistics of my new atomizer soon💙

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan V said:

after that post, I tried with a single coil ... and my setup was 0.4

That lines up better with your initial post specs. Dual coil would be half that, not the .33 your DM showed. 

In your next post, can you describe your coil(s) in more detail. 1 or 2, spaced or contact, ID, wraps, etc. Also, If you're still in Profile 2, can you post that screenshot of Profile 2, along with a new DM screenshot. (Your numbers did not line up in your initial post).

Do you have another atty you can use, preferably with a single spaced coil, for now. You should also check the 510 positive is snug, and clean on both the atty and mod.

P.S What was that initial atty?

• Like 1