Temperature Control with Stainless Steel 316L

kidkev

Hey, guys just got a new mod with TC (Odin DNA250c) and have been trying to figure out TC but have not had much luck yet, I'm getting a metallic taste on my tongue and a general issue trying to get a good vape with TC (still haven't experienced good flavors yet), sometimes I'm getting way too much power flowing through and sometimes too little, I was using 26g 316L SS about 11 wraps around 4mm ID aiming for .5ohm dual coil. Not sure if I'm missing a step somewhere, I was wondering if there is a step-by-step guide on how to set up TC with SS wire on the DNA250c? I think I'm getting hung up on locking ohm reading etc, I couldn't find much info online and the few things I found were pretty complicated and hard to understand. I heard the DNA chips are good for TC and I would like to experience it!

Hi, welcome first. Round wire is good - the simpler the coil, the better for TC. SS316 is also possible. Ohm lock only if there are problems with sudden changes in resistance - usually a mistake. First install the coil with "watt" material and carefully anneal it, then lay the cotton wool and assemble everything. Now switch to material "SS316" and measure the resistance again (the coil has now cooled down and has changed its resistance due to the annealing process. The annealing process also burns any dirt on the wire). Vape a little without activated TC, so you get a feeling for the performance that matches the coil - then activate TC.

Now are just a few basic thoughts - for me, everything goes through the Google Translator ...

Edited by gwyar
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb kidkev:

.5ohm dual coil

The best thing about the DNA chip is the REPLAY function! I have zero experience of TC with dual-coil, but REPLAY should generally be of good service here. REPLAY = material selection 'watt', regardless of what the coil (s) are made of!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gwyar said:

The best thing about the DNA chip is the REPLAY function! I have zero experience of TC with dual-coil, but REPLAY should generally be of good service here. REPLAY = material selection 'watt', regardless of what the coil (s) are made of!

I have never used the replay feature, what are the benefits? how is it compared to TC? do you still get dry hits?

REPLAY is THE feature! Vape and if all is well: save the puff and the control system controls the output from now on, comparable to the TC control. Difference: you didn't have to specify the material and a temperature first. No dry hits.

Replay controls coils made of mixed materials - no chance with TC. Replay controls complex coils - difficult with TC.

Edited by gwyar

2 hours ago, gwyar said:

REPLAY is THE feature! Vape and if all is well: save the puff and the control system controls the output from now on, comparable to the TC control. Difference: you didn't have to specify the material and a temperature first. No dry hits.

Replay controls coils made of mixed materials - no chance with TC. Replay controls complex coils - difficult with TC.

Just tried the replay feature and it is fantastic!!! Perfect vape every time and no dry hits! wish I could have got TC to work but this seem wayyyyyy better, thanks for the recommendation!!! 

On 21.09.2021 at 08:42, kidkev said:

Просто попробовал функцию воспроизведения, и это фантастика !!! Идеальный вейп каждый раз и никаких сухих ударов! Хотел бы я, чтобы TC работал, но это кажется намного лучше, спасибо за рекомендацию !!! 

Термоконтроль это не самый вкусный режим vape. Наилучший вкус в режиме watts, поскольку Replay это управляемая разновидность режима watts, то вкус будет лучше. Но сухие удары в TC, это нонсенс. Либо что то не так с катушкой, либо с настройками.

печать.jpg

vor 15 Minuten schrieb zark:

Die thermische Kontrolle ist nicht der leckerste Dampfmodus. Bester Geschmack im Watt-Modus, da Replay eine kontrollierte Variation des Watt-Modus ist, schmeckt es besser. Aber trockene Aufnahmen in TC sind Unsinn.

Das würde ich SO nicht sagen - im Ergebnis verfolgen REPLAY und TC das gleiche Ziel, nur das im REPLAY-Mode der Endwiderstand während des vapen durch "Save" festgelegt wird, im TC-Mode hingegen anhand einer Berechnung. Es mag Unterschiede im Detail geben, aber das drundsätzliche Regelprinzip ist durchaus vergleichbar. Mit einfachen (TC-) Drähten bevorzuge ich tatsächlich den TC-Mode und nutze REPLAY "nur" by Fused Claptons und ähnlichen.

I wouldn't say that SO - as a result, REPLAY and TC pursue the same goal, only that in REPLAY mode the terminal resistance is determined by "Save" during vaping, in TC mode on the other hand based on a calculation. There may be differences in the details, but the fundamental rule principle is definitely comparable. With simple (TC) wires I actually prefer the TC mode and use REPLAY "only" by fused claptons and the like.

Edited by gwyar

• 1 year later...

If you are smoking with a DNA, you are doing something wrong @Lukasz369ns. Nothing should be smoking (aka burning). You should be vaping and making vapor. And SS316L changes in resistance as the wire temperature changes. SS316L at room temperature will always read lowest when it is cool. And at vaping temperatures, it increases to upwards of 20%. Yours is what, like a 14% increase? That is perfectly normal.

Edited by BillW50

Hi everyone. I bought my device about a week ago and tried to use TC with SS 316L round coil, but it looks like the device is not recognizing the coil, and replay mode doesn't work either. I've tried to replace the coils and also tried new builds with different numbers of wraps! No matter what, replay mode doesn't work! 

It is also worth mentioning that it worked for about a couple of minutes on my first try when I unboxed the device, and also for a couple of seconds on one of my attempts to try a new build and then went again!

my coil wire: Vandy vape SS 316L round  26ga

My build: 7wraps 2.5mm dual

Can you connect to EScribe software and open EScribe's Device Manager and have the power, temperature, and live ohms checked and take a puff and then take a snapshot and upload it? Live ohms should be increasing as the coil gets hotter. SS316L only increases about 15% from room temperature to vaping temperature.

• Like 1

It is definitely ss! I've been using this wire for a while...

I tried something else. came out that it is good with one coil build! don't know why! Maybe there is something wrong with my atomizer...

certainly, I don't have time to struggle with this vaping computer 😆 but I'll definitely come back for it!

there is also something else that I think it's not related to this topic (if you know which topic it is, please comment the link for me)

I've started to get temp protect once in a while, especially after I put down my device for a couple of minutes and try to use it next time.

maybe there is something wrong with my atomizer... I don't know really; also I tried a single coil and it worked! but now I'm getting a "temp protect" error every once in a while.

it's still a question for me too...

can I ask which DNA chipset you use? because I think there is something really wrong with 250c, though I can't tell for sure since I never had a DNA device before...