DNA100C - charging 3A

copyman

Hello, I have certain problems with charging the DNA100C. The maximum current is 1.5A. I tried all kinds of chargers that support fast charging  5/9/12V, but it has no effect. The limit in Escribe is at the maximum - 3A.  According to the description, the charging of 5B is 2A, fast charging 3A is also supported. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Hi, I tried with several types of batteries 21700/18650, all new. With the change of the firmware there is no change. I tried with several types of batteries 21700/18650, all new. With the change of the firmware there is no change. Nowhere does it say what type of fast charging is used - QC or PD...

9 hours ago, copyman said:

Пробовал всевозможные зарядные устройства, поддерживающие быструю зарядку 5/9 / 12В, но это не дает никакого эффекта.

У меня плата DNA 250C, при использовании зарядных устройств, поддерживающих быструю зарядку максимальный ток зарядки не изменяется, но увеличивается мощность тока зарядки до почти 9 watt (при 6 watt от обычных устройств). Зарядка проходит быстрее, но и нагрев платы больше.

печать.jpg

Преди 1 час, zark написа:

У меня плата DNA 250C, при использовании зарядных устройств, поддерживающих быструю зарядку максимальный ток зарядки не изменяется, но увеличивается мощность тока зарядки до почти 9 watt (при 6 watt от обычных устройств). Зарядка проходит быстрее, но и нагрев платы больше.

печать.jpg

Here it is different, fast charging supports voltage increase, but for this purpose on the data buses information is exchanged between the charging adapter and the device about what supports both. Thus, if there is support for fast charging according to PD (power delivery) or QC (quick charge) protocol, the supply voltage is switched to more than 5V.

• Like 1

преди 4 минути, dwcraig1 написа:

The cable has to be good enough to handle 3 amps as well. Have you tried other type C cables?

Yes at least 5 types of cables - no change - always charge with 1.42 - 1.48A. Several types of power adapters giving current of 3A, type QC and PD - no change

This is a couple comments while beta testing mine.
@James said -> "Also, when using a USB C-to-C cable, it much more reliably stays in 3A mode. Previously it would fall out of that into 1.5A mode a lot.

In 3A mode, you'll see (for example) 2.7A, because the charger chip we are using is actually limited to 3A on the *battery* side, not 3A on the USB side. So if the battery is at 4V, and USB is at 4.5V, 12W is 2.67A USB current"

Me -> Mine would charge in 3A mode as seen on the mod screen, while plugged into an external charger with a USB C-to-C cable.

• Like 1

Thanks Wayneo, 

but i tested charging with a USB-C adapter (the adapter is 3A) and a USB-C / USB-C cable and there is no change in current. Now I fully discharge a battery to see if the current will not rise. Usually the adapters with USB-C are type PD, I do not have one with USB-C type QC, if that matters.  What model of adapter do you use?

Thank you for the information! Strange, very strange and the cable in the mod set is USB-A to USB-C. One adapter I have supports the power supply of Mac Book, but the current is still 1.5A. The power supplies for MacBook are according to the PD standard. Not to mention that there is no PDF for this board. Now I will try another adapter with USB-C ... Thank you again!

• Like 1

So I've already made the experience in the cell phone sector that it can first and foremost be down to the cable. Fast charging with the original Huawei cable - no problem. Other cables - a matter of luck. Incidentally, on the 250c 2 amps are no magic with a good cable, but it is actually an issue that the circuit board or the chip for charge control heats up exponentially more with increasing charging current. The batteries are not far and do not like high temperatures (max. 65 degrees Celsius), I am also careful with the display. At 2 amps, the board temperature is already around 60 degrees Celsius, the charge controller can handle 85 ... Perhaps you should actually keep an eye on the temperature at 3 amps.

• Like 3

Problem found its solution. Charging with 3A requires a USB-C power adapter according to the PD standard and USB-C to USB-C cable. To clarify - not some adapter with USB-C, but just one that supports the full PPC protocol. The maximum current in this case for me became 2.72A. I'm also waiting for a MacBook Air adapter to check if the current can really go up to 3A.

It is amazing to me that there is no information about charging the DNA100C anywhere - even here. In my opinion, to produce something so good and not explain elementary things is simply unforgivable!

I had to buy several different adapters to do tests and figure out what I could just read. It doesn't matter - I hope what is written here will help the next ones 🙂

19 minutes ago, copyman said:

The maximum current in this case for me became 2.72A.

I don't normally repeat myself @copyman but I already wrote this from James.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:50 AM, Wayneo said:

In 3A mode, you'll see (for example) 2.7A, because the charger chip we are using is actually limited to 3A on the *battery* side, not 3A on the USB side. So if the battery is at 4V, and USB is at 4.5V, 12W is 2.67A USB current

I think you're good as is.

• Like 3