TC not working on Thelema

Beligal

I'm using a wasp nano RDA with 26 AWG SS 316L. I made 3 different coils (plain spaced wire with 6 wraps, 2.5 diameter @~.4Ohms) and at first the mod fires at around 80-90C instead of 220 that I input, then after 3/4 puffs it says "Temp protection" and stops firing altogether. Am I doing something wrong?

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Can you check the stability of the cold atty/coil in escribe by using 'Atomizer Analyzer'. You should see very small fluctuations in the resistance (.002 - .004Ω) as low power is applied. Let me know.

Is this that same mod you had issues with that off center 510 and check atomizer issues?
Have you ever vaped in TC before?

• retird changed the title to TC not working on Thelema
5 ore fa, Wayneo ha scritto:

Can you check the stability of the cold atty/coil in escribe by using 'Atomizer Analyzer'. You should see very small fluctuations in the resistance (.002 - .004Ω) as low power is applied. Let me know.

Is this that same mod you had issues with that off center 510 and check atomizer issues?
Have you ever vaped in TC before?

I checked the atty with Escribe and I do see some fluctuations (.489->.491->.488->.492->.493->.487->....)

Not the same mod I had issues with the off center 501/check atomizer. I returned this one and bought a second one from a different retailer.
Never vaped in TC before.

@retird How can I check that?

Edited by Beligal

I have done a few more tests now after the box had been sitting for a whole afternoon by itself while I was out. I input the new room temp Ohms and now the box doesn't give me the temp protected msg anymore, which is a step forward, but now it only reaches 150C instead of the target 220C. No matter if I increase or lower the watts, it keeps firing at max 150C.

Here are my tests:

Minimum temp (93.3C), 30W: Steady 94C @3Watts

image.png.eb29842d868a9bc1e97854a3dadb56ec.png

150C, 30W: Pretty steady 150C

image.png.c4192b2a7b51e68483bc1a9651ee0b75.png

200C, 30W: Stays on 150C

image.png.f6d3579f684b25d158c15b29342bbcaa.png

200C, 40W: Still barely higher than 150C

image.png.cbe467bfc35cd6a30195aa54314cd5b5.png

I'm using Profile 7, I added 316L wire material from Steam Engine. With Profile 6 I have even lower temperatures (last tests gave me 141C).

image.png.57890be8f1267b0a66af4373fb5a966a.png

image.png.80b6433f6879590a812e121151d5e2fa.png

EDIT: CASE CLOSED

I tried to tighten the positive pin and now it works perfectly, reaches all temps without issues. Thanks @retirdfor the heads up and thanks Wayneo for all your replies.

Just one last question, can I enable replay with TC? Or is it only for Watt mode?

Edited by Beligal

19 minuti fa, retird ha scritto:

Most folks use the Watts profile but you can use the TC profile.  Just a note.... The Temp Protect message usually just means that you have reached the set temperature and thus not usually an error message.

Is there a reason why one would use Watts instead of TC?

Am 5.4.2021 um 21:11 schrieb Beligal:

Is there a reason why one would use Watts instead of TC?

If you understand how Replay works, you will see that it makes no sense to use Replay in TC mode.
If you use a TC-capable material - like SS316 - the resistance changes with the temperature.

In TC mode you set the desired temperature, the chipset calculates the associated resistance and if you do a puff, the chipset controls the required power to achieve and maintain this resistance value.
This performance is not only dependent on the material, but also on the temperature of the ambient air, the temperature of the liquid and the strength of the coil cooling depending on the flow speed and amount of air in your puff.

In replay mode, the chipset saves the resistance value of your last puff in the background and with the "save" command the chipset will do nothing else in the following puffs than to control the output so that this resistance value is reached and maintained.

Now we come to the point where the resistance curve over temperature is unknown; in the case of complex coils, which consist of several individual wires, maybe even combinations of different materials. The resistance curve over temperature is not known.

You now set "Watt" as the material, switch to the replay mode and vary the set power and your pull until you achieve an optimal result for you - then you save it. The chipset "remembers" the resistance reached and from now on the chipset will control the performance in such a way that you have a consistent taste experience regardless of the strength of your pull or other external influencing factors.

As far as I know, other parameters are actually taken into account in replay mode. This representation is only intended to make it clear that it is nonsensical (and not intended by Evolv!) To combine TC and replay.

(this is the result of the Google translator, my native language is German)

• Like 2

Just 1 comment. @James wrote: No, Power mode is not necessarily better. If you are already comfortable with TC, by all means, TC with Replay is fine. I didn't expect people would combine the two, but the features are (mostly) orthogonal, so there is no reason it shouldn't work if you really want to do it. If it tastes better I am glad. :)

I spent a great deal of time tweaking TC for my notch coils and now always use Replay in TC mode.  I set Replay in room temperature. This works for me but I'm in the minority as it is generally used in Watts mode. TC mode setting keeps me within the "safe" temperature.

• Sad 1

Я заблокировал возможность использования Replay в режиме TC. Я заметил, что При использовании намоток из нескольких материалов настройки TC ухудшают качество Replay. При отключении temperature protection режим Replay работает наиболее стабильно, Отключение temperature protection переключае мод в режим мощности, значит настройки TC только мешают корректной работе Replay

печать.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zark said:

I have blocked the ability to use Replay in TC mode. I noticed that TC settings decrease the quality of the Replay when using coils with multiple materials. When the temperature protection is turned off, the Replay mode works most stably, Turning off the temperature protection switches the mode to power mode, then the TC settings only interfere with the correct operation of the Replay

print.jpg

Great that you found what you like. Replay works for me in TC mode using premade Notch coils that are very consistent in resistance. TC does not interfere with my Replay but it may with yours. As long as we get what we want it matters not whether we are in TC or Power Mode using Replay.. And in TC mode I can set the peak temperature I want to guarantee I remain vaping  at a safe temperature. That's how I roll anyway...😊😊

• Like 1

Я никого не хочу поучать, но @Gwyarабсолютно прав, при Replay нет понятия температуры, это режим основанный на субъективных ощущениях от вейпинга, это скорее разновидность режима мощности или режим контроля сопротивления (RC) ИМХО

печать.jpg

• Thanks 1

Кстати при использовании TC можно установить максимальную мощность и при этом мод не даст сухих ударов, при режиме Replay это сожжёт хлопок

печать.jpg

vor einer Stunde schrieb retird:

Great that you found what you like. Replay works for me in TC mode using premade Notch coils that are very consistent in resistance. TC does not interfere with my Replay but it may with yours. As long as we get what we want it matters not whether we are in TC or Power Mode using Replay.. And in TC mode I can set the peak temperature I want to guarantee I remain vaping  at a safe temperature. That's how I roll anyway...😊😊

The chipset will EITHER control the resistance calculated according to TC OR the one saved from Replay

Try this:

In power mode set to maximum if you accidently turn off Replay what happens??

Say you set TC to 400F when you get the best vape at about 365F. Your first vape is not what you want but the second one is so you set Replay. Device Monitor shows your Replay Temp is running at 365F. Max TC is still 400F so what happens if you accidentally turn off Replay? 

And, again @James said:  TC with Replay is fine. I didn't expect people would combine the two, but the features are (mostly) orthogonal, so there is no reason it shouldn't work if you really want to do it. If it tastes better I am glad. :)

Screenshot: Replay in TC mode

Untitled.png

Screenshot: TC mode with power set to 70 watts using Replay.

Untitled1.png

Screenshot: TC Mode with Replay. TC set to 30 watts and 365F:

Untitled2.png

vor 8 Stunden schrieb retird:

In power mode set to maximum if you accidently turn off Replay what happens??

The same thing happens when you have set the temperature and power to maximum in TC mode and accidentally turnoff replay!!

Sorry, but I think we both have different ideas / demands on the replay function.
In my opinion, Replay shouldn't reproduce a chance hit, but the basic settings should already be correct - this also includes a power setting in TC mode that enables the set desired temperature to be reached so that the chipset can regulate via the specified resistance value.

Then replay in TC mode makes no sense at all.

What strikes me in your graphics is that you apparently did not reach the preset temperature BEFORE activating Replay, although the performance should actually be sufficient; the chipset adjusted back before - unfortunately you did not include a graphic WITHOUT replay. Does your resistance curve actually match the coil you are using?

Personally, I see the point of replay in the elimination of external variables in the case of unknown resistance curves - the TC mode actually does nothing else if the resistance curve is known. Basically.

Even in TC mode, the default power of the DNA chipset should match the target temperature (resistance); If the power is set too low, you will not reach the temperature and if it is significantly too high, you can clearly see an unclean, clocked control. Apart from that, the result is the same as in the replay mode: the power is adapted to the external variables in order to achieve a preset resistance.

I see two paths here that lead to the same goal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gwyar said:

I see two paths here that lead to the same goal.

That pretty well says it all. 

And as @James said: TC with Replay is fine. I didn't expect people would combine the two, but the features are (mostly) orthogonal, so there is no reason it shouldn't work if you really want to do it. If it tastes better I am glad. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1