Escribe Evolv seems dumbed down compared to Arctic Fox, she said

Tmease

So my GF decided to build a LiPo Mech mod using the DNA 250C board.  Her second day using it she texts me  this:

"I know this is probably going to make you mad, but I honestly wish I just bought a board with arctic fox. I cannot use a voltage curve or even disable punch/preheat immediately after taking a hit. Kinda upset. Seems really dumbed down compared to Arctic Fox. Every singke setting on here  except themes was available on arctic fox, and it also had actual complex usable settings for wattage mode, which DNA completely lacks. 

I'm happy-- it's just ridiculous that even cheap mods have such basic settings that they not only didn't bother to include, but they didn't let you program your own features if they weren't willing to. I think the developers just got so obsessed with their temperature control thing that they forgot that handbuilt coils exist, and that, generally, they cant be made of temperature sensing materials-otherwise their resistance is too low..."

That being said, I've had my Paranormal for nearly a year. I see that some settings are unavailable that would make the experience better, but I have no idea what to say to her.  She has some valid points.

13 часа назад, Tmease сказал:

it's just ridiculous that even cheap mods have such basic settings that they not only didn't bother to include, but they didn't let you program your own features if they weren't willing to

В чем то она права, да в Evolv есть огромный потенциал, который не раскрыт программистами, да иногда сторонние производители выигрывают у DNA  board в изощренности настроек, да иногда моды сторонних производителей дают лучшие результаты при более простых настройках, но

точность измерения Evolv выше всяких похвал

возможность тончайших настроек под себя - безгранична

возможность создавать свой дизайн на уровне алгоритмов просто завораживает

надежность и стабильность работы - настоящее USA  quality

корректность поведения мода в сложных и аварийных ситуациях всегда на высоте

Многие пользователи забывают, что некорректная работа устройства может быть из за использования ошибок, которые заложил автор темы (разработчики предлагают только тему по умолчанию, но она слишком упрощена и не раскрывает всех возможностей, а многие авторы настолько усложняют свои темы, что ошибки в работе просто неизбежны)

Я тоже не сосем доволен пассивностью программистов Evolv, такой неиспользованный потенциал просто необходимо развивать дальше.

Но, я не допускаю даже мысли про переход на другую доску по тому, что темах DNA живет частица души автора, а не просто набор букв, кнопок и регуляторов.

Печать.jpg

• Like 2

The entire premise of this thread is false.  Who on earth ever heard of a "LiPo mech mod" being built with a highly sophisticated, variable wattage, regulator board? 🤔  🤪

She can solder, SHE'S A KEEPER! 🤩
Take her mod, and buy her a new enclosure and board of her choice. 🎉
She can solder, SHE'S A KEEPER! 🤩
Or slap that black and white ArcticFox theme on it and call it a day. 🗑
She can solder, SHE'S A KEEPER! 👍

You can let her know this board can fire the lowest ohm coil she can build. 🧨

• Like 2

Yeah, so , she purchased the board  for TC, but also does alot with more esoteric coils, and wants to use , as has been expressed on here by others, the ability to use a boost/preheat  function for x seconds, then  cruise along at  a lower voltage/wattage, and the ability to potentially chain vape, without that same boost being applied right off (if t<30 then b=null else b=b1 where b1 =w+w*z% (duration=b seconds) as I understand it. She is blown away  by the TC already, and is using Theme Designer. I suggested looking at themes others have posted to reduce the learning curve. 
Yup! She's a  keeper!❤️

17 hours ago, Tmease said:

she purchased the board  for TC, ...............

I believe she's mistaken about using (TC and power curves) at the same time with AF ( @joeblowma can you correct or validate me here, please)

While we loosely use the term TC, I don't ever remember in any datasheet seeing it. It's actually Temperature Protection, a temp high limit. TP/TC and Replay will always work best with a spaced coil of all the same material. Or the cores at least. it's easier to see/work out hot spots. Different materials heat/cool at different rates.

17 hours ago, Tmease said:

and is using Theme Designer. I suggested looking at themes others have posted to reduce the learning curve. 

Great suggestion! 

Esoteric coils (multi metals for 'staged' heating') is a pipe dream for TC, and just best used in Watts, maybe Replay (too many if's to write)

BTW she CAN disable punch/preheat immediately after taking a hit WITH 1 PRESS OF AN ICON. I'm a bit surprised comrade @zark didn't mention that.

To be fair to her, at one time, I wanted that level of control, or at least being able to set (TC) preheat power as a % of set power, but have come to realize I can easily control enough with the Punch setting.

She loves  the dual core ss316L in TC mode, but  runs the following in VV/VW . also , I mistakenly called a box mod a Mech mod. sorry.  The following were some of the esoteric coils I was thinking of:

Corrugated framed staple Alien coil set
Staple Exo framed Alien coil set
Corrugated Staple Helix coil set...

whereby they take LONG to heat, but have nice performance, once peak operating range has been reached

Wayneo Thanks. THa gave me an idea, that may be what you were referring to:
 can be enabled /disabled by the press of a button, and assigned to an Icon to hover over... ... e.g. boost on for initial hit, with icon selected boost icon, hit a button (up, for example , to disable boost) then hit the fire button again with boost off