Temp Sensing Detect...

В 06.03.2020 в 05:20, Mr.Bottomfeeder сказал:

I know, that "New Coil" is a System-Call. My question is how the system opens this screen - since this is important for the correct building of the "Return"-Button.

Если правильно понимаю принцип работы алгоритма Evolv, то экран "New Coil" вызывается системой при изменении сопротивления катушки более указанного в Escribe suite . Я считаю ненужным создавать принудительный переход на этот екран, гораздо важнее создать экран ручной настройки сопротивления катушки (ИМХО) 

image.png

Печать.jpg

Hi Zark,

thanks for your answer.

But that's the problem with using different languages. It's easy to talk past each other.

My question was, how the exit in the screen "New Coil?" works - not how to open this screen.

I don't open this screen manual by hand, for that I have an extra screen "Coil", what I open manually if needed.

But this question is solved meanwhile - I don't use "Goto Parent" or "Goto another Screen: Mainscreen" for leaving "New Coil?"-Screen anymore.
Now instead of them I use the functions "Yes, New Coil" and "No, Old Coil" to leave this screen manually.

So the Gusub-Stack is not involved in any case and can't produce a "Menu Error - Press Up" anymore.

Kind regards

• Thanks 1

1 час назад, Mr.Bottomfeeder сказал:

Таким образом, Gusub-Stack ни в коем случае не участвует и не может больше выдавать сообщение «Ошибка меню - нажмите вверх».

Это сообщение системы обычно может возникать  из за конфликта маршрутизации на разных (сопряженных ) екранах (Go to parent screen <> Go to another screen...)

Печать.jpg

Edited by zark

Hi Zark,

yes, about this conflicts (and stack-overflows by this) we have talked the last few days here.😉
And so I dispensed in my theme now the using of "Goto Child Screen" and "Goto Parent"(what are using the Gosub Stack) but use only "Goto another Screen" (where no stack is involved) to avoid the error message "Menu Error - Press UP" coming up again.
Kind regards

• 6 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 2:56 PM, Mr.Bottomfeeder said:

Btw. Do you fly out of the logged-in state after a few minutes if you don't write anything in this forum and have to log in again?

With yesterdays forum update, if you go to Recently used devices, there's now a toggle to keep you logged in. I'm going on more than 12 hours, no logout. Using Chrome browser btw.

Tab open while using other tabs, closing tab and coming back later, still not logged out. A happy day is here. Oh yeah, better desktop emoji's to match the mobile. 🙂

image.thumb.png.9e7d5446d2f9c0f70eda6a3dad6f21ce.png

• 2 years later...
On 2/2/2020 at 9:37 PM, Mr.Bottomfeeder said:

Hello friends,

I am wondering, when and how the DNA (75 as well the 250) checks the "Temp Sensing Detect".

Reason for is, if by any reason the DNA won't find the Temp Sensing Wire as such one (fluctuating resistance aso.), it switches the "Temp Sensing Detect"-Flag to "false" (the "Temp Sensing Material"-Flag stays on "true" in that case). Thats OK .

But it won't ever switch the "Temp Sensing Detect"-Flag to "true" again, if the problem is fixed (fixed screws in RDA and/or screwing RDA harder into the 510).

Every time this happens, I have to connect my Mod to the Escribe-Program, let it download existing settings from Mod and choose "Upload changed Settings to DNA"

This is the only one way I found out to set the "Temp Sensing Detected"-Flag to "true" again.

By doing this, the Temp Sensing Mode will be activated again.

But this is very nagging and can be done only at home.

If I am on the way and this problem occurs, I have Wattage mode until I come back home and perform this again.

Is there another way to set this flag - or let manually check the "Temp Sensing Detect"-routine in the DNA once again?

I tried all, I could imagine - switching wire, measuring resistance again, switching all modes, nothing helps.

When TSD is set to "false" one time, it stays on "false" - no mater, what I try.

Hope, someone could help with this problem.

By the way...

Did someone get managed it, in "Theme Designer" - "Appearance" in the Color Scheme "Text"-Color getting the chosen color for Text really displayed on his Theme?

I can only choose the "Fill"-Colors and let them displayed in the Theme - but whatever color I choose in "Text", It won't be displayed in my theme, but the color, what I have given for that fields when programming  the Theme.

(Solved - may not choose a manual color for the fields - after "Reset" the colors, it works fine)😀

Kind regards

Hi @Mr.Bottomfeeder,

I know it is an old thread, did you find a solution for the "Temp Sensing Detect" issue?

I understand exactly what you described, I just discovered my theme has the same problem, when a TC Profile is used (a Profile with a Temperature-Sensing material assigned) and Temperature Control is enabled, it checks the "Temp Sensing Detect", so, if for example, the user installs a coil which doesn't support TC, it switches to watts mode and disables some features for that Profile, as Temperature Control, Replay, and shows a message that a coil which doesn't support TC is used in a TC Profile.

The problem is (as you described), there is no way to re-check or reset the "Temp Sensing Detect" value / feature, even if you install a proper coil (a TC control capable coil), the "New Atomizer" is detected, or switching between Profiles or Materials assigned to the Profile.

The only way is, again, as you described, reloading the config to the board, or removing and reinserting the battery.

Weird thing is, I remember that, when I was designing and testing my Theme, I noticed that, by switching between profiles it reset the "Temp Sensing Detect", I guess it was due the firmware version, but I don't remember which one was it, as I updated to the latest version, as it implements the "Highlighted fields now time out after a while".

It is like the Function that does the Temp Sensing Detect never runs again.

I created a support ticket about this, I hope to get some answer from Evolv.

Greetings !

After some testing, I discovered the "Function" that sets the "Temp Sensing Detect" flag, only runs the first time a TC Profile is fired, for example:

Insert the battery.

Select a TC capable profile, let's say Titanium Profile with Titanium Wire assigned and defined as a Temp-sensing material.

Install an atomizer with a Titanium wire, and fire the mod. It will ask if it is a New Coil, select Yes.

Everything should work as expected, TC Mode.

Then without changing the Profile, install an atomizer with a no TC material, Kanthal, for example, it will ask if is a New Atomizer, select "Yes".

The Board will still working as if it was a TC capable coil, of course, it will not be able to control the temperature, but it will never switch to Watts mode. TSD Function never runs again, which in my opinion is wrong.

----------

Another funny thing:

By doing the same experiment but installing a no TC capable coil (Kanthal, for example) on a TC Profile after firing the first time, it will run the TSD Function and it will set the value to "False", if you remove the atomizer and install an atomizer with a TC Coil (following the above example, with a Titanium wire), the TSD will still set to false, but if  "Temperature Control" is enabled, it will control the Temperature just normally.

The problem is that, my theme shows different information according to the TSD status, but the TSD function never runs again.

Hello @Magigamix

unfortunately I have no solution for this symptoms.
Meanwhile I use some of my Mods only with Non-TC-Wires and the others wit TC-Wires.

That avoids the TSD-Problem, you speak about.

A possible try would be to test the Reset-Device-Call, if that starts the recognition of the wire-kind (TSD or Not TCD) under regular using conditions.
I have that call integrated in my Theme, but have not tested it for this.
When using that call while developing my theme, I had not recogniced any changes in the GUI, so I had assumed, it is a useless function.

Will try this at weekend - in moment I am more busy that I would like under the working days unfortunately.

Kind regards
Hubert

• Thanks 1

Hi Hubert (@Mr.Bottomfeeder) , thank you for your answer.

Do you mean the "Device Monitor" Reset Action? (it was the only option I found on "Theme Designer" related to "Reset Device".

I tried it and it doesn't work, I think it resets the selected options of the "Device Monitor" on Escribe, unfortunately doesn't changes the set value of TSD.

TSD keeps if saved value (after the first fire on a TC Profile) until the mod is reset, by removing the battery, for example  (I have tried by switching between Profiles, Temperature-Sensing Materials assigned to the Profile, or after a "New Coil" is detected), I added a field to show the status of TSD, it keeps its saved value (never runs again the validation).

My theme has a lot of complex conditions based on the TSD value, so this affects it a lot 😕. Meanwhile I removed the TSD on the conditions, so my theme is not "Smart" anymore.

-Ariel.

Update:

- With the latest Firmware Version: 1.1 SP45.2 INT: TSD doesn't work as expected.

- With the previous available Firmware Version: 1.1 SP33.2 INT: TSD works as expected (the value gets reset after switching between Profiles, or Materials, or by just removing the atomizer. The only problem is that this Firmare verson doesn't implements the "Highlighted fields now time out after a while", which is a nice feature.

More info in the following post:

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Magigamix:

Do you mean the "Device Monitor" Reset Action? (it was the only option I found on "Theme Designer" related to "Reset Device".

Hi my friend,

I found two kinds of possible resets in the Theme Designer

First: "Action" - "Geräteüberwachung" -> "Reset" (means "Action" - "Device-Control" -> "Reset" or some like similar in english)

This is the one, I have talked about and what seems to me is doing nothing when using this function.

The second is the "Action" - "Statistic-Reset"  - that works and sets visible the Statistic-Counter back to zero.

• Like 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Magigamix:

Update:

- With the latest Firmware Version: 1.1 SP45.2 INT: TSD doesn't work as expected.

I noticed that as well.
I have come to terms with it and have not exchanged No-TC and TC coils or RDAs with such between the devices since then.
This is how I avoid this problem.

I generally only downgrade if nothing works anymore.
This issue is too minor for me to downgrade because of it.
I hope that your info to EScribe is successful and they will release a fixed update soon.

Much luck!

Kind regards

Hubert

• Like 1

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Magigamix:

My theme has a lot of complex conditions based on the TSD value, so this affects it a lot 😕. Meanwhile I removed the TSD on the conditions, so my theme is not "Smart" anymore.

Hi Ariel,

I also have developed a theme, that is using all functions, Options and Output-Values that are existing in Theme Designer.

Here you can drop an eye onto my theme, if ya are interested:

Kind regards

Hubert

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...