SS316 Mesh

Renegade-86

I've had trouble getting SS316 mesh to work. When ever I build on the atomiser the mod refuses to accept it in TC mode and goes straight to power mode. I'm using a Profile RDA with JacVapour DNA 75. Even putting in fresh batteries doesn't seem to fix it. I used the same CSV file provided by escribe.

Almost certainly a connection issue, could be the way the mesh is connected in the atty and you may not be able to change the.  After vaping TC since the DNA 40 I had to use ohm lock for the second time, both times were with clone atties, the first was an Origenny 2 ( managed to fix that by stripping some of the anodising) and now with an Exocet (for Billet Box). It feels a bit like defeat doing it, but it works tuning by taste.  In Atomiser Analyser override ohms to the lowest it registers in Device Monitor, set the temp to your norm, if to weak increase the res a little, if to lively lower the res a little, repeat until it hits the sweet spot. 

Only do this if you have to, DNAs do a great job with good connections and like I said I have only had to do it twice since TC hit the world.  Some gnarly coils may benefit even with good connections they can jump about in res terms.

Thanks for the reply. It does seem to be a connection issue. I guess I should have stated that I'm using a Wotofo Profile RDA and most likely not a clone as the guy I bought it from is very cautious at making sure he sells genuine products. I've also had quite a few issues with the 510 pin. It seems it's a floating pin, not sure how it compares to other pins, but seems like it needs replacing. Anyone have any photos of this being done? I just don't know what is behind those two top screws.

I'll go through the method mentioned in device manager. I had to lock the ohms anyway to even use Ni80 properly. Hopefull it'll work with SS316. It's been too hot here to do much with it though. Sorry for late replay, I find it hard to do anything in the summer and just experienced the heat wave. Will have a look at device manager once the heat dies down. Plus maybe replace the pin sometime for a more long term solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's a shame! My Profile RDA's, Profile Unity and the Kylan M tanks all work great in TC - Replay or Power and power works with replay! They hit so smooth you can hardly tell your getting a hit and then the Exhale and Cloud. I do have a Triade 250C. I don't know if that's the difference or not. Oh, I'm using nexMESH SS316L mesh strips. Awesome!

• 8 months later...

Well I have my Kylin M on the Odin and at 543 at 62 watts, which tastes good but a little cooler than I thought. However it's a much better vape than I have ever had in Wattage mode, am I doing it wrong by having it at 543

Edited by arangus14

12 minutes ago, arangus14 said:

.......... am I doing it wrong by having it at 543

I wouldn't say so. Those numbers are well within the mod limits. The numbers depend on many things including air-flow. IRL I have vaped an air Crown 3 at 125 watts and it wasn't hot at all. It's just what you prefer for that setup. ;)

• Like 1

Thank you! I really appreciate the help, this is my first DNA mod which I wish now I would've bought sooner lol and my first time vaping in temp control cuz my Asmodus Lustro wouldn't hit right in temp. So I basically just fiddled with the controls and made sure I stayed within the limit listed for the Nexmesh SS316L strip until I found a hit I like. Now I gotta find out how to get it in replay mode. 

• Like 1

Minimum Replay requirements
DNA75C, 250C, or GO
International software installed
Theme that supports Replay

Success best practices
Ni200, Ti, SSxxx, NiFe or any TC capable material (wire) as your core wire

There are 8 profile slots on every mod. 1 might be called Replay (if you're lucky). 
Start vaping in a profile that supports Replay.
No material file required for straight Replay (as conceived by Evolv).
If you don't understand something written, let us know. :relaxed:

11 minutes ago, Wayneo said:
Minimum Replay requirements
DNA75C, 250C, or GO
International software installed
Theme that supports Replay

Success best practices
Ni200, Ti, SSxxx, NiFe or any TC capable material (wire) as your core wire

There are 8 profile slots on every mod. 1 might be called Replay (if you're lucky). 
Start vaping in a profile that supports Replay.
No material file required for straight Replay (as conceived by Evolv).
If you don't understand something written, let us know. :relaxed:

Okay so do I go into my software when plugged in and go to the SS316L profile and set it to replay with where I have it? It has a Replay profile on mod out of box but from what I can tell it's for wattage mode. 

You don't need to plug it in. Just go to that Replay profile. Ideally the material type says something like watt or kanthal. Don't change it. Adjust your watts to what you like,take a few puffs,  'select' the Replay option when you like the puff. Ideally it'll say something like enabled or playing. There should be a cancel or stop option somewhere.

Unfortunately themes are like the Wild West and designers can make them however they please. 

2 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

You don't need to plug it in. Just go to that Replay profile. Ideally the material type says something like watt or kanthal. Don't change it. Adjust your watts to what you like,take a few puffs,  'select' the Replay option when you like the puff. Ideally it'll say something like enabled or playing. There should be a cancel or stop option somewhere.

Unfortunately themes are like the Wild West and designers can make them however they please. 

Now see on the theme that came with the Odin this is what it says. When I got to Replay on mod and select it only let's me change the wattage, no temp. Even when I go down to settings and Atomizer it says N/A in temp section. 😞 but I know from browsing escribe that I can select replay in SS316L profile while in escribe. 

23 minutes ago, arangus14 said:

............. When I got to Replay on mod and select it only let's me change the wattage, no temp.

That's all correct. Replay gives you the 'dry hit' protection of TC, without the TC. Notice I never once mentioned a temp.

But 'yes' you can also enable that in the SS profile, BUT WHY? 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

That's all correct. Replay gives you the 'dry hit' protection of TC, without the TC. Notice I never once mentioned a temp.

But 'yes' you can also enable that in the SS profile, BUT WHY? 

Oh okay so I go into replay and find a wattage I like then hit save puff? I didnt know that(: sorry I'm slow to understand lol this is my first DNA. 

Edited by arangus14

Wow it's crazy how accurate this thing is! In wattage mode on my Lustroni had to vape at like 61 watts with the nexmesh SS316L coil to get the hit I like, on this Odin I only have it at 58 watts with a 2 punch boost on replay and get a much better hit. I'm glad I finally took the plunge on this baby lol

DJLSB vapes has put out some good videos on Reply, TC, escribe, etc. for mods with these boards.

From back in 2017 I said "...  I'll usually vape a new juice in Wattage mode before moving to TC. I have a minty watermelon juice that in TC I totally lose the mint at 420F.  And a peanut butter vape, where at certain temps the peanuts will taste burnt, not the whole juice, just the peanuts. But overall, TC will give you a consistent experience and no dry hits." In other words, a linear/singular taste.

Now (or during the birth of Replay), the brain trust at Evolv said this "As for flavor, different flavor molecules boil and are primarily tasted at different temperatures. .... Temperature control, by contrast, tends to taste 'muted', because the vast majority of the puff is at a fixed, instead of changing, temperature"

pretty much validating my experiences. Enjoy your mod

36 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

DJLSB vapes has put out some good videos on Reply, TC, escribe, etc. for mods with these boards.

From back in 2017 I said "...  I'll usually vape a new juice in Wattage mode before moving to TC. I have a minty watermelon juice that in TC I totally lose the mint at 420F.  And a peanut butter vape, where at certain temps the peanuts will taste burnt, not the whole juice, just the peanuts. But overall, TC will give you a consistent experience and no dry hits." In other words, a linear/singular taste.

Now (or during the birth of Replay), the brain trust at Evolv said this "As for flavor, different flavor molecules boil and are primarily tasted at different temperatures. .... Temperature control, by contrast, tends to taste 'muted', because the vast majority of the puff is at a fixed, instead of changing, temperature"

pretty much validating my experiences. Enjoy your mod

Thank you so much for all the advice I'm sticking with Replay now that you explained to me how to use it! I think it's way better than what I was getting in temp!