Lost Vape Drone 250C issues.

etab75

On 6/9/2019 at 4:05 AM, drjohnson61 said:

When I got my Drone DNA 250C, it wouldn't squonk at all.  I contacted Lost Vape and they replaced it. I've had it for a while now and no leaks.

One of my bottles didn't squonk well, all it was, was the tube was cut too long and the slant end was bottoming out.

I didn't mention that, I had to trim mine up too. When they sent my new Drone, it had 2 more bottles in it. I have 4 now, LOL. 

I am really liking my Drone a lot. I'm waiting for my Triade DNA 250C, It's on a slow boat from China right now. When it hits the States, it will transfer to Bicycle Transport, from the West Coast to Ohio, no doubt!

6 hours ago, drjohnson61 said:

I didn't mention that, I had to trim mine up too. When they sent my new Drone, it had 2 more bottles in it. I have 4 now, LOL. 

I am really liking my Drone a lot. I'm waiting for my Triade DNA 250C, It's on a slow boat from China right now. When it hits the States, it will transfer to Bicycle Transport, from the West Coast to Ohio, no doubt!

haha silver lining that - those bottle are not readily available, which is odd, you'd think Lost Vape would get some out there and make some $$$!

Yes, barring the initial "teething" issues, its my daily driver, now zero issues. At least with the Triade you shouldn't have leaking issues - the vape mail waiting game is the worst part lol

does anyone know of other bottles that fit, my clear one split and the black one is difficult to use. Ican't see the flamin liquid in it! the site mentioned earlier is out of stock. CHEERS.

P.S i had one with the same issue which was replaced by the seller, second one is fine so far, fingers crossed. 

• 2 weeks later...
En 29/5/2019 at 1:48 , Robbybob dijo:

At the moment I'm trying out tightening up the square nut on the underside of the 510. It doesn't seem like it will tighten up but using a 510 tightening tool and a 12mm spanner you can get an extra half turn. With some success.

The whole 510 is completely reliant on one rubber washer to seal. If the nut is tight and the 510 pin which has the potential for lateral movement moves straight up and down there "should" be no leaks.

It's really frustrating

@Robbybob  I have the same leak problem in my Drone. It filters liquid through the squonk pin when I connect an RDA and the pin moves down. You could solve the problem definitely by turning the nut half a turn? you know another way to solve the problem of leaks in the Drone?

I share reference image of the Smoking-maniac channel on youtube. in the image you can see where my drone drips liquid.

En 9/5/2019 at 4:45 , etab75 dijo:

Hopefully this will be my final update!

Contacted Rob at Stealthvape (Evolv/Lost Vape servicing here in the UK) and he has supplied me with a brand new leak free 510, so everything is good 👍

Rejoice leak free drone!

IMG_20190509_103932.jpg

@etab75 When did you change the connector 510 stopped the leakage of your drone? Is there any difference between the damaged 510 connector of your drone and the new one that was sent to you from EVOLV?

Do you have any advice to fix my Drone and not have more leaks?

Captura de pantalla 2019-07-04 a la(s) 5.23.18 p. m..png

• 4 months later...

I know this thread is old but I bought a drone about a month ago and after a week it started leaking like mad. The leak was coming from the bottom of the 510 pin. The good news is I've found a way to fix it. I took the 510 connector completely apart, removed the black rubber seal from the very bottom of the connector. I cut about 1.5mm of squonk tube and placed it on the pin. I then replaced the rubber seal and put the 510 back together. I've been using it daily for just over a week now and it's not got a drop of juice inside. Hope this post helps someone. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
В 19.11.2019 в 23:40, jsforder сказал:

I know this thread is old but I bought a drone about a month ago and after a week it started leaking like mad. The leak was coming from the bottom of the 510 pin. The good news is I've found a way to fix it. I took the 510 connector completely apart, removed the black rubber seal from the very bottom of the connector. I cut about 1.5mm of squonk tube and placed it on the pin. I then replaced the rubber seal and put the 510 back together. I've been using it daily for just over a week now and it's not got a drop of juice inside. Hope this post helps someone. 

Could you please explain in detail  how you removed the black rubber. I am afraid of damage it. Did you removed power cable from connector?

• 4 months later...
On 5/9/2019 at 5:45 AM, etab75 said:

Hopefully this will be my final update!

Contacted Rob at Stealthvape (Evolv/Lost Vape servicing here in the UK) and he has supplied me with a brand new leak free 510, so everything is good 👍

Rejoice leak free drone!

IMG_20190509_103932.jpg

What was involved in installing this 510 piece please.

As far as soldering and stuff like that?

Thanks for the help.

Care must be taken to protect the parts that can melt, preferable to disassemble. I use a high watt gun and use silver solder and flux as with plumbing for the ground connection if it attaches to the 510 body. I am by no means an expert about this, just my 2 cents.

wen-100ksm.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dwcraig1 said:

Care must be taken to protect the parts that can melt, preferable to disassemble. I use a high watt gun and use silver solder and flux as with plumbing for the ground connection if it attaches to the 510 body. I am by no means an expert about this, just my 2 cents.

wen-100ksm.jpg

I have an 18 watt Weller iron and a 100 watt Weller gun.

i got one of the ones that doesn't leak. That makes me feel bad when somebody I know got one of the leakers.  I was actually asking for him. I'm not the world's greatest soldering ninja either and he sounds like he has less confidence than me. Which is fine. It's better to recognize that.

I suggested he maybe try to find some outfit in his area that would do it. Probably while he waits if he has it all apart when he takes it there. A competent guy could de-solder the old one and put the new one in in probably 10 or 15 minutes. for a few bucks.

20191230_215532_cr.jpg