Preheat power ?

i've done a theme and added preheat power and pre heat temp they are both set in the theme to be changed and not read only , yet the pre heat power option will only allow me to read and the preheat temp is fine , is there something im not doing ? in another setting that will allows the preheat power to become changeable 

Capture.PNG

32 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

You can only pre heat in a TC profile

You can only boost punch when your material is not identified as a TC material in a profile (there's a whole lot said there in a few words)

its just that im seeing miss information when different reviewers on youtube say or tell you something that is not even possible - jai haze said you can alter change the boost in replay by going to profile boost watts then back to replay that seems to do nothing whatsoever , so the only thing changeable in replay mode is punch , boost on and warmth from the scale 1 to 11 there is no other way to actually select a different wattage for the boost or warmth

Edited by formula 1

Huh? I'm not gonna comment on any reviewer, but yes, there's misinformation all over the place. BUT you can prove what I said to yourself.

Go into escribe, and look at any profile with a TC material showing at the bottom. See the options for Preheat and punch? Change the material there to watts/kanthal, and now look at the options. Preheat should have disappeared, and now magically you see boost

• Like 1

im sure youve got more hours and knowledge under your belt than i have , but was wondering what you could actually change after hearing different things from what are suppose to be well known sources whom i think should have the experience to be correct if they are going to review something - and as for the only thing in replay mode i see is replay warmth and and punch that seems to be changeable but on a scale of  1 to 11 and i was wondering those scales was changed by changing the scale through pre heat wattage and preheat temperature similar to what a power curve would achieve but like you have said temperature sensing coils will not work that way in replay mode which i assume if you're in replay you are using such coils

Edited by formula 1

Great conversation guys... not going to butt in @Wayneo but just want to make one comment.....   

Generally those who review vape gear receive the devices from vendors and then review them.  Most reviewers, with a few exceptions, don't have the depth of knowledge that folks like @Wayneo, and some others that post here, have.   This forum was started by Evolv to, in part,  help with the "Learning Curve" of Evolv DNA powered devices.  Heck, I've used DNA's devices for 10 years and am still learning new technology that Evolv comes out with........ ☺️

• Like 1

Spot on Retird , i've been vaping for over 3 years now but using a DNA device for the past 14 months and i'm still learning - almost everything is a variable with vaping  right down to juices you never stop learning , especially coils, wicks  ,juice and atomizers what may be right for one is not for another. there is no set answer regarding those things i mentioned you just got to learn yourself what's best for you

Edited by formula 1

2 hours ago, retird said:

Great conversation guys... not going to butt in @Wayneo but just want to make one comment.....   

2 moderators commenting on the same post is usually a bonus for the OP at least IMHO. Butting in has never crossed my mind.

Plus, I think we're done here. :cool:

• Like 1