Lack of new devices?

ColonelPanicky

I'm looking for a replacement DNA device to replace my aging VT200, which unfortunately died at the weekend due to water damage 😕 Looking on Fasttech and gearbest it looks like virtually ALL appealing DNA devices have been discontinued 😞 No idea why this is? Have DNA chips suddenly gotten a lot more expensive for Chinese manufacturers to procure, or is there just a lack of interest now that everything is all about 'Pod Vaping' these days?...

What I'd really like is a small form factor DNA 60 or DNA 75c capable of taking 18650/20700/21700 for future-proofing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers!

I actually have 3 VT200 because I loved the form factor so much. I could sell you one if you're interested OR, you can do what I did with one of my three. I replaced the 200 board with a 250. I did so simply because, I wanted the faster charging and more accurate board. I have about 22 mods total and the VT250 is by far my most used mod. Now, its nearly impossible to find a DNA (or any) mod with a lipo pack. In my opinion, a lipo pack is far better than 18650s any day. They hit harder for longer. Most of my non-lipo mods need to be charged around 15% remaining battery whereas the lipo mods still hit like a freight train down to 3 or 4 percent. And with 2 amp charging on the 250 boards, it takes no time to recharge. When I changed the boards, I also carved out the battery side of the mod so that I could install a true 1300mah battery. 

13 minutes ago, skineedog said:

... have 3 VT200 because I loved the form factor so much.

That's how I feel about my Triade's. But gotta say my beater VT133 has been a true workhorse. Tried and true. Naked now (paint started flaking at 3 weeks) and a couple mm's narrow, but every atty goes on there first after a rebuild. :cool:

10 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

That's how I feel about my Triade's. 

I love my Triade also and just ordered a Drone. Although, I find the form factor not quite as pocketable as the VTs. What would be nice is, if I could find the case I saw Evolv using with the prototype of the 250C. I assume it was a lipo mod which is my preference.....

@Wayneo Just getting a chance to reply as I've been driving home from Tennessee.

Couple of Few questions:

Which VT is that? Doesn't look like any I recognize, certainly not a VT200. 

Are you just going to flaunt the prototype case or tell me how I might acquire one? 😁The size is perfect.... But, you know that.....

This is the first I've heard of an LiHV lipo. Any benefits with a DNA mod? Can the DNA charge it as an LiHV or just as a standard lipo?

@Wayneo so, you are flaunting it.... 😕 I assume you were a tester of the prototype 250C. Maybe Evolv would tell me where I could acquire the case?... I suppose its possible they manufactured the case but likely had a third party make the cases for them. Hopefully... I can get my hands on one. The form factor is perfect and lipo is definitely the way to go...

@skineedog, really not much call for a 400 watt device (4 cell li-po DNA250C)..... I know of no one vaping anywhere near 400 watts...... but if you desire a 4 cell li-po 250C there are very few that I've seen....  here is one that comes to mind....  

https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-mod-classic-dna250c-2000mah-lipo-with-evolv-dna250c-temperature-control/

As far as I know there are no prototype cases anywhere available to purchase... never has been as far as I know........

@retirdIt's not so much that I want to be able to vape at 400 watts. I don't think thats even possible. I just prefer a lipo over non lipo. Lipos hit harder for much longer. Most of the cases I have be able to find are geared toward 18650s or are generally much larger than that prototype case. Dripp3d.com has a large and small enclosure of which I've built two. The large is quite large but, I do carry it often. As for the Boxer mods, no thanks. Overpriced plastic isn't my thing.... 

The 3 board mounting hole are of a different configuration between the 75C and 250C.  The two top holes are 13mm apart center to center on the 75C  and the 250C they are 15 mm center to center.  The 250C is also a bit longer due to the balance tap than the 75C.

I would suspect that the bottom mounting hole of the board would vary some as well, I didn't look at that.

I actually have 3 VT200 because I loved the form factor so much. I could sell you one if you're interested OR, you can do what I did with one of my three. I replaced the 200 board with a 250. I did so simply because, I wanted the faster charging and more accurate board. I have about 22 mods total and the VT250 is by far my most used mod. Now, its nearly impossible to find a DNA (or any) mod with a lipo pack. In my opinion, a lipo pack is far better than 18650s any day. They hit harder for longer. Most of my non-lipo mods need to be charged around 15% remaining battery whereas the lipo mods still hit like a freight train down to 3 or 4 percent. And with 2 amp charging on the 250 boards, it takes no time to recharge. When I changed the boards, I also carved out the battery side of the mod so that I could install a true 1300mah battery. 

Thank you! That's so so kind 😀😀 . Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away. Have sent you PM. Thanks again 😀 This is like the old vaping community of 2012 where people would be so willing to help others out. Thanks again.