Is Something Wrong or am I Just a Noob

GTIJim

Hey all,

I've recently purchased  a Lost Vape DNA 75C  Mirage and I'm having issues with Temp Control.  I can't get it to work at all with different materials and different atomizers.  I've spent countless hours googling, youtubing, and searching the forums but can't figure out what's up.  When I hook it up to Escribe and go to device monitor I get no temp reading when vaping.  I've spent about a month pretty sure that this is due to my noobness with the DNA and Escribe but now I'm starting to wonder if there could be something wrong with the board.  Can anyone help?  Attached is a screenshot of device monitor with Temperature checked but not showing anything during two puffs.

Atomizers Used:

Smok TFRDTA

GeekVape Avocado RDTA 24

Vandy Vape Bonza RDA

Materials:

SS

Kanthal

Ni80

Document.docx

Best guess...  N30 wire material per Profile 5...

Your ohm's while firing are flat lining.... no change in ohms while firing thus the dna won't recognize the wire as a wire that will work with temp control (like kanthal does too)...

Here is a TFR downloaded as a   CSV file for DNA's from Steam Engine.... compare it to your N30  CSV.... I've never used N30.

DNA200-NiFe30_(Resistherm_-_TCR)-SteamEngine.csv

Meant to comment here as well. 

Out of your materials, only SS will really work with TC. And that Avocado had a crappy positive pin, that's why I got rid of mine long ago. I can't remember if it was a 2 piece, but should work better with Replay

2 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Wowza. I only have 1 last thought. Material tab. In the upper right hand listing of your materials, can you select SS316, and one last printscreen. Thanks.

Just in case it's being overlooked...be sure to upload settings to device.

• Like 1

My wife got a Voopoo Drag yesterday and I popped my build on it and temp control worked perfectly.  So that rules out my atty and build as the culprit.  Unless my settings are not right in Escribe it must be the device.  I'm pretty sure its not my settings at this point.  Think I'm going to send it in for repair via the RMA process.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my Mirage back from Evolv and the temp control and replay function is now working.  Somewhat frustratingly,  I got no explanation of what was done.  Did they replace the chipset, repair the existing one, or was it something with settings in software.  I do have a new/different set of profiles loaded up.  Whatever I guess.  It's working now!  Only weird thing is I sometimes get a weak battery warning even though I'll have 70%+ remaining of charge.  Doesn't really affect anything though.