So Frustrated w/ Replay!

iambyrdman

Ok folks I just started using replay in replay mode. I am using SS core with Ni wraps. I set my wattage to 100w and find the perfect hit and save puff. On the next hit it jumps to 150+ Watts. So I cancel puff and take a few more hits till I same puff again. Then on the next hit it will hit around 60w then again around 50 and keeps going lower. It is an RDA so I understand that it is lowering to not burn the Cotten but I don’t understand why it would jump to over 100w after saving puff. Any advice? 

44 minutes ago, TroyACast said:

Ok folks I just started using replay in replay mode. I am using SS core with Ni wraps. I set my wattage to 100w and find the perfect hit and save puff. On the next hit it jumps to 150+ Watts. So I cancel puff and take a few more hits till I same puff again. Then on the next hit it will hit around 60w then again around 50 and keeps going lower. It is an RDA so I understand that it is lowering to not burn the Cotten but I don’t understand why it would jump to over 100w after saving puff. Any advice? 

I believe if you lower your Replay warmth setting it won’t jump up as high.  Don’t take my word for it, let a senior member verify.  I tried this the other day and did notice it didn’t jump as high though.

the reason it’s jumping over your saved wattage is to reach the temp the coil was at when you saved the puff.  When you drip more juice it’s essentially cooling down the coil.  Again, let a senior member clarify but this is what I’ve noticed on my Replay adventures so far!  But I do believe lowering the Replay warmth will stop it from jumping so high and it’ll get there more gradually

Edited by NMEones
  • Thanks 1

Once you set the replay to play Replay will adjusts many things to get to that perfect puff again thus it only uses the watts needed to reach that perfect puff again.... say you take a puff and replay uses 80 watts to reach the perfect puff and you then take another puff.... the coil is already heated thus less wattage is required to reach the perfect puff.... a third puff in a short time will require even less wattage to reach your perfect puff....

As far as the wattage jumping over 100 you might check the warmth setting.....  zero it out and see if that helps....... do you still get the perfect puff also when it jumps?

• Thanks 2

No it doesn’t give the perfect puff. Actually it is quite the shocking hit when I go from 100 to 150 and not expecting it.  I am not with the mod at the moment but I will adjust temp. I am assuming you are talking about preheat temp. What confuses me is that one time it will jump over the set wattage the next time it will work as intended. 

3 minutes ago, TroyACast said:

No it doesn’t give the perfect puff. Actually it is quite the shocking hit when I go from 100 to 150 and not expecting it.  I am not with the mod at the moment but I will adjust temp. I am assuming you are talking about preheat temp. What confuses me is that one time it will jump over the set wattage the next time it will work as intended. 

Once it hits the saved temp from replay it’ll throttle the wattage down.  And no not the preheat, it’s called Replay Warmth... it’s not an actually temp adjustment, just levels I guess you could call them... 1, 2,3, etc...   bring it down to 0 and then adjust up from there until you got it where you want it

Edited by NMEones

17 minutes ago, TroyACast said:

Could be a poor connection, hot spot, and etc with the atty..... Warmth is "Warmth" and not preheat..... and is located in EScribe under the Replay setting area and not under the Preheat setting area....

Stability Stability Stability

That's what replay is all about.  I have tried many coils and if I use straight wire it is the most stable and replay works as advertised.

However, if the coil used is stable enough to give the replay option but is still a little unstable it will not replay correctly.  My experience has shown that I usually get too much wattage on the replay of a slightly unstable coil.  However still, the exact same coil on a single setup in a 75C instead of dual on a 250C seems to work better in replay.  So go figure....