So Frustrated w/ Replay!

iambyrdman

I built my own DNA250C box but replay didn't work.  Figured it was my install. 

It would be nice if I could get a reply to my RMA request from a week ago!!!

So I bought a Paranormal 250C.  But replay doesn't work on it either!!!  WTF

I'm using 316L or 304 SS wire.  Neither work!!!

Horrible fail!!!  Only thing I've changed is decimal places and step size for watts and temperature.

Replay should work out of the box.  It shouldn't be difficult

So I had time to run battery analyzer and replay started to show up when I took the first vape after running it.  But the replay was nothing.  Like it was getting NO wattage at all.  Nothing even though it says, 'playing'

This is on the Paranormal 250C, fresh out of the box.  I got 2 but was hoping to leave the second unopened but I'm tempted to see if I get the same crappy results .

Have I mentioned, "Horrible FAIL"

It should work 'out of the box' so grandma could work it...  Without EScribe even!

Edited by iambyrdman

Check Atomizer: The DNA has detected a large resistance change during operation, the atomizer has shorted out, or the atomizer resistance is incorrect for the power setting. 

Battery Analyzer has nothing to do with Replay AFAIK......  

If you want we can try to see what is happening.  But we need more information please.... First questions....

Have you owned any other DNA devices prior to these?  Which ones....?  

1 minute ago, retird said:

First questions....

Have you owned any other DNA devices prior to these?  Which ones....?  

Yes, I own:

2x Wismec Reuleaux

1x Therion BF DNA75C

2x Boards I pick up in person from the Evolv factory down the street from my house...

& 2x Parnormal 250C

and I'm about the biggest computer tech geek you've ever known so I understand how data n stuff works. 

It should work out of the box!  Or tell you why it's not...

I have tried several RDTA tanks and RBAs, all built with 316L.  I've also tested a SMOK product with 304SS, same result I think but less testing.

Just now, iambyrdman said:

2x Boards I pick up in person from the Evolv factory down the street from my house...

I finished the install for one of them with the same result but the install may have been bad because I used a common ground when I couldn't use the output ground.

Still waiting on an RMA request reply, no word after a week!

OK.....  If you want we can do a few things to see if we can get you going.... I assume you build your own coils....

Take your atty with the SS316L build and put it on the 75C and see if it vapes in TC mode.  This will tell us that the build should work on the 250C...

22 minutes ago, drmaz2000 said:

I've a Paranormal DNA 250c which was doing good and then i lost the Replay mode , and when i went for restore defaults from escribe  it keeps telling me " check battery "  .

what happened and how can this be fixed ?!!!!!

paranormal.jpg

You restored the Default Evolv file probably.  You need to go into the Mod Tab and see what the Battery setting is set to.....  A 2 cell device should be set to 2 and not 4 cells (default Evolv setting).  See if that gets you going...

Yep the 250C defaults to 4 cells and the 200 to 3 cells...

What were you doing when you lost Replay?  

it was working for some time at first when i got the mod but then after i changed some theme settings it stopped working .. that's  why i did restore defaults settings  hope it would work again !!

33 minutes ago, retird said:

OK.....  If you want we can do a few things to see if we can get you going.... I assume you build your own coils....

Take your atty with the SS316L build and put it on the 75C and see if it vapes in TC mode.  This will tell us that the build should work on the 250C...

34 minutes ago, retird said:

You are so Awesome to help all personal like n stuff.

Here is Device monitor of the 75C with the coil we'll be working with.  Again, 316L.

It went a little above set temp the second pull but I may have slowed the air at the end there.

5adfc4ccecf6e_Screenshot2018-04-2419_55_14.thumb.jpg.fc4b813ba1bc38e78ce0c96392f7871d.jpg

5adfc4c594139_2018-04-2419_55_55.thumb.jpg.32b3e3d3ac73ac1543d20f7fa9eab63f.jpg

Just now, drmaz2000 said:

it was working for some time at first when i got the mod but then after i changed some theme settings it stopped working .. that's  why i did restore defaults settings  hope it would work again !!

OK.... probably the changes in the theme could have done it.... You now have the Evolv theme I think so make sure the Profile is set to the Replay Profile and make sure Support Replay is checked in the Profile setting... see if that gets you going....

8 minutes ago, retird said:

OK.... probably the changes in the theme could have done it.... You now have the Evolv theme I think so make sure the Profile is set to the Replay Profile and make sure Support Replay is checked in the Profile setting... see if that gets you going....

It's only showing this now  .. 

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

12 minutes ago, retird said:

@iambyrdman.......  What-a coil...... so it works on the 75C in TC mode.... now does it work in TC mode on the 250c devices also?   Can we see a Screen shot of one of the 250C's vaping that atty in TC mode..?

OK, this is it on the 250C in 316L TC mode...

The third fire is with no air at all. Looks like it hit temp and pulled back but I think it was Way over 500.  It was drawing so much juice it started coming out of the air intake and that's hard to do on the Pulse 22!

Thanks again!!!

5adfca89299e6_Screenshot2018-04-2420_23_02.thumb.jpg.6de7da165fba07ead9695d44481aa38d.jpg

1 minute ago, drmaz2000 said:

@retird  Nothing at all , just like the pic i showed it to you now 

I corrected my last post.... Replay as seen on the device is telling you what Profile you are using.... does it vape now with the settings you set in Replay Profile.... what wire did you set in the profile?