Help

ModBox

I have a Mad Modder Mod with DNA 250C chip with 4s lipo. My build is Lightning Vapes SS316L 2 core fused clapton 26g/36g 8 wraps non spaced 3.5mm id. Cold ohms is .34 and live ohms is .27. I cannot get tcr to work in SS316 mode. I always get temp protect message. Also, when I play replay, I get check atty message. What do I need to do to get these modes to work? I have tried different atomizers as well with no luck.

7 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Well this looks backwards ????? @retird, is this possible under normal conditions on these C boards?

If it's possible I've not seen it or do I recall any similar posts.....  I really don't know much about those "exotic coils" so help may come from those who do.....  only thought now is TCR, atty, or coil issue.... he might try a simple coil in the atty and see if it goes with that one....

@Wayneo those numbers were from the device monitor. I am using The Hive RTA by CCI. I also tried the Icon RDA by Vandy Vape with no luck. I tore the Hive completely apart and gave it a good cleaning a few weeks ago. Great tank by the way. I need to rewick it. I'll try playing with it unwicked to make sure no hot spots again. I'll try a simple build on the Icon and see if that helps any.

I have tried a simple 8 wrap 3.5mm id ss316l with no luck. Still get temp protect in tcr. I tried spacing the fused clapton coils with the same results. Think I will source some different ss316 wire and give that a try. But may have to send this mod back and let him take a look at it. 

20 hours ago, retird said:

............ only thought now is TCR

Hmmmm, I've never seen live ohms lower than cold ohms under normal conditions. All I can think is to re read the resistance of the cold coil in the proper mode. Using Ni or Ti with SS can be scorchingly hot

I'm having what may be the same problem.  Replay almost never works and when it does it fails.  SS profile doesn't work but Ni200 and Ti do with 316L wire.  My 510 is a Black Varitube V2.  Would the black coating cause the same grounding problem for an Evolv chip?  I had to use a common ground instead of the output's ground for the 520 and I thought that may be My problem but maybe not.

The Black coating at the point of ground can cause problems and should be removed... A solid ground is necessary for proper operation........  Any coating on the threads of the 510 connector should also be removed to assure a good ground to the atty....