High room temp after battery changes

mrcrunch08

This issue doesn't seem to make temp control screwy or anything so may just be cosmetic but I notice every time I put in a new battery the room temp reads extremely high. Normally after a battery change it will show a room temp around 94f and a board temp around 90f. After an hour or so the room temp reading will show the correct 72f but even if I don't take a single vape from it while it is reading 72f and swap batteries the reading will go back to the mid 90's. If I don't swap batteries and charge through usb the temp stays correct or at least close enough to be within a degree or two of the actual temp. I am using an hcigar vt75c which didn't have the case analyzer run or mod resistance put in. I did run all that stuff and get the "correct" values in. My numbers can't be far off since temp control seems to be closer for me then what it is for some others. After putting in those numbers 420f is given me a slightly better experience then 420f did on the older 75. Hopefully it has an easy fix and thankfully it seems to have no impact at all on the vape. I'm curious if this is a common issue. I tried a couple different themes but none of them seemed to have an impact on those readings.

Resetting the mod by uploading new settings from escribe or disconnecting and reconnecting a battery will reset the room temperature to the board temperature.  It will then slowly use the case thermal settings to work out what the actual room temperature is.  The higher your seconds settings in case thermals are the longer it will take (but that works the other way as well in that having higher settings is correct if your board heats and cools slowly from room temperature changes).

11 hours ago, mrcrunch08 said:

This issue doesn't seem to make temp control screwy or anything so may just be cosmetic but I notice every time I put in a new battery the room temp reads extremely high. Normally after a battery change it will show a room temp around 94f and a board temp around 90f. After an hour or so the room temp reading will show the correct 72f but even if I don't take a single vape from it while it is reading 72f and swap batteries the reading will go back to the mid 90's. If I don't swap batteries and charge through usb the temp stays correct or at least close enough to be within a degree or two of the actual temp. I am using an hcigar vt75c which didn't have the case analyzer run or mod resistance put in. I did run all that stuff and get the "correct" values in. My numbers can't be far off since temp control seems to be closer for me then what it is for some others. After putting in those numbers 420f is given me a slightly better experience then 420f did on the older 75. Hopefully it has an easy fix and thankfully it seems to have no impact at all on the vape. I'm curious if this is a common issue. I tried a couple different themes but none of them seemed to have an impact on those readings.

Curious as to what your results are for both case thermal and resistance could you possible take a snap shot? Thanks.

Edited by Droopydroors

This is happening because, when the device just powers on, it assumes it has been off for a while, meaning that the device is basically at room temperature, and so the room temperature is the board temperature.

SP4 (early firmware thread) fixes the loss of room temperature after uploading settings.

Hmm. Loss of room temperature at battery swap is a tricky one. I'll have to think on it. We do have a real-time clock on the DNA 75 Color, so I probably could do *something* about this.

Are you watching on device or in Escribe?  Both ocassionally act kinda weird and kinda freeze at one room temp for a long time.  Generally, however, if I am watching in Escribe's Device Monitor with Diagnostics/USB Charging Off and having clicked the view Board and Room Temperatures I can watch it as the room temperature slowly goes counts down.  I set one device up with 10s case settings and it came down to the actual room temperature (or at least the best estimate it achieved) much faster.

But YMMV a bit on this board.  I think Evolv is still pretty actively working on the software as evidenced by the number of Escribe and Firmware releases they've been putting out recently.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Is it normal board\software beahaviour that (always) when I start firing the device , software stops calculating room temperature ?

This both on fw24\25 , testing with mod (Therion 75c) connected to device monitor (with USB chargin off). After sometime (I just tested first 26 min , second 16 min , third 39 min freezing) , it unfreezes and restart calculation, with a sudden temp value deviation.

Sure that's not a major bug , but I'm curios to know ,beside how "it" works, if is there any magic trick :D\ hidden parameter to shorten freezing time period ?

Thermal test performed , room temperature (when not freezed)  is very near real temperature . Sorry 4 bad english ..

roomtemptest_detail.png

Edited by Frank65