Any feedback on HCigar VT75 Color?

dl12345

I'm looking to potentially buy one of these devices. I've also got a VT75 nano, which I have been less than impressed with due to boneheaded engineering. I've watched DJLSB Vape's tear down of the VT75 Colour and it looks like it's better engineered (no relying on the 510 plate's thread to make the ground connection and a better mounting for the 510 plate, for example).

What's the feedback on this device from any here who own it? Is it a worthwhile purchase? Does it read resistance consistently? How is it on pocketability - easy to fit in a jean pocket (I don't have the option to purchase it physically, so I can't judge the size properly)?

i just bought it today. my first impressions are ok i tested it with joytech cubis with bf ss316  0.5 ohm and it reads the resistance ok . also it is easier to put it in in a jeans pocket comparing to my vt250 lol (i prefer to put it in my shirts pocket )
i chose the red color because the black one looked a little bit "low quality"(personal opinion) and the red one looked more "durable". 
comparing vt75c with my vt250 the vape "feeling" that i get using cubis is similar(very smooth and enjoyable).
i cant judge battery life yet but after 130 puffs (19watt with the above atomiser and coil ) battery is at 80%(i use lg brown battery 18650)
i havent tried using different themes yet 

with my current coil i prefer to use watt mode (19-20w) but i will also try it with different coils atomisers etc  i will leave feedback for sure. 

i tried also tc mode with same coil 0.467 instead of 0.5 was the reading with vt75c i tried it also with my vt250 it was 0.497 i guess thats the issue in the thread you posted earlier 

Edited by kutulu32

1 hour ago, kutulu32 είπε:

with my current coil i prefer to use watt mode (19-20w) but i will also try it with different coils atomisers etc  i will leave feedback for sure. 

i tried also tc mode with same coil 0.467 instead of 0.5 was the reading with vt75c i tried it also with my vt250 it was 0.497 i guess thats the issue in the thread you posted earlier 

i took another reading with vt75c 0.48 this time i will try and test it again the next days

As discussed in other forums, Hcigar producing new battery covers because some users reporting that the cover warms up during firing

Black Version seems to have problems with build quality of the leather patches - loosing color, getting brown

It´s been reported that they´d clean the leather with alcohol before packaging - seems to be the reason for color loosing

Using Atomizers with more than 23mm of diameter will give a small gap on the 510 connector because of the design of the 510 plate

That´s all cons to report about the Hcigar VT75C from me

(sorry for bad gramma - english is not my native language) 

Mine´s not getting hotter than other DNA Devices (beside the battery cap if not cleaned well)

Try to clean the threading of the cap and of the Bat tube witch alcohol - it may helps!

No issues with 26650 here......... 

Edited by Lowbytes

I've had for about two weeks now, and I find it totally worth of buying! Fits great in both pocket and very great in hand! Works great as you could expect from a DNA chip. However, it is very able to get scratches. I was affraied of the battery, but it holds up great. With regularly use, I can vape on it amost all day. Some times and in some situations the battery "door" will get a little hot, but it's not that noticeable.
If you have not bought it yet, DO IT :-) 
Hope you find it usefull, despite my far from good english :-) 

Edited by Paw Lysemose

I've had the red one for about two weeks and I think it works just fine.I'm experiencing no heating issues with the battery door but I digress that it is a bitch to use the down button when the usb is hooked in plus the buttons can stick but to me not a huge issue.I have a Steamcrave Aromamozer 30mm plus on it and it looks fine.I also swapped out the theme to this one ....

which works better than the stock theme.

red mod.jpg

redmod.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure the problem is the battery cover.  I've had mine for about 2 weeks.  I didn't have any problems until yesterday. Mine just randomly quit.  Literally was using it, set it down for maybe 5 minutes, picked it up and nothing.  So, I did all the standard things when things like this happen.  Clicked all the buttons.  Power 5 times, the rest randomly  Said out loud "What the fuck"...  looked at it while turning it to see all sides.  Clicked the buttons some more.  Took off the battery cover. Put it back on and clicked the buttons some more.   You know.  The standards.  changed batteries and heard the zzt.  You know the one.  The one you wonder if its a good zzzt, or a bad zzzt.   Clicked the power button and it was on.  Changed the battery back to the first one, and nothing again.  Played with the battery door a little then everything started to get HOT. The Bat door and the side of the mode where the battery tube is. I quickly took off the battery door and pulled the battery.  It was quite hot.  So, I did what any person like me does.  I took all the screws out to see what the hell is going on.  The PCB right around the Neg and Pos pads were browned just a little.  I forgot to take pictures before I sealed the solder up.  I sealed all the leads with some hot glue(all i had) then covered with elec. tape.  Put all back together and all works.  Only been a few hours but all seems to be working fine.   

This is my experience so far. Other then that, i've been quite happy with the chip. I have the black one and am even Ok with the browning of the leather.  I kinda like it.

Had to leave as i was typing that.  OK..so,  All that being said.  It was a good thing that I was checking things out when this happened.  The potential for the battery to vent seems to be VERY high as I see it.  All the leads and solder points in this mod are completely exposed. The consumer shouldn't have to worry about these things.  I like the feel and shape of this mod but am not happy with the assembly. 

Edited by danforthharris

33 minutes ago, David247 said:

The same thing happened to me with 2 green efest 26650

David

Ok, I think I figured it out.  The positive terminal with 26650's is quite large.  What seems to be happening is if you tighten the battery door down too much, the positive terminal on the battery actually touches the top of the battery tube, which is the body, which is the ground or negative side, thus basically shorting the battery.  I just put a 26650 battery in, and with the positive pin not even in place the top of the battery started to ground out.  The plastic insulator at the top of the battery tube.....well It's shit!!  and now mines melted a little bit.  I imagine this will not happen as much or even at all with 18650's.  The positive terminal on 18650's is only about the size of the hole for the positive pin of the mod.  Less likely to touch anything there.

THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS!!! 

THE MOD IS DANGEROUS TO USE WITH 26650's  

A better insulator at the top of the battery tube should do the trick.  some felt or some vinyl or something of the like.  This will probably make the battery door stick out slightly.  

The problem with this is, the consumer shouldn't have to do this.   This has nothing to do with Evolv.  This is on Hcigar.  I truly hope no one has a 26650(or any battery for that matter)  vent on them with the mod in their pocket or worse.  I'm not an alarmist.  But I believe this to be a potentially dangerous mod in its current configuration. 

Edited by danforthharris
  • Like 1

BUT - the size of an unprotected flat top cell should be 65 millimeters (corrected) - no matter if it is a 18650 or a 26650

For me it looks like that the Area around the positive contact inside the tube is isolated - or do you think that the spring loaded contact is pushed against some area behind the spring load???

In the german DNA75C Group no one reported problems with 26650 cells on the Hcigar DNA75C - beside getting weak Bat..........

Edited by Lowbytes

3 hours ago, Lowbytes said:

BUT - the size of an unprotected flat top cell should be 65 millimeters (corrected) - no matter if it is a 18650 or a 26650

For me it looks like that the Area around the positive contact inside the tube is isolated - or do you think that the spring loaded contact is pushed against some area behind the spring load???

In the german DNA75C Group no one reported problems with 26650 cells on the Hcigar DNA75C - beside getting weak Bat..........

An 18650's diameter is 18mm and a 26650 is 26mm. The Length of both is close to 650mm.   The positive terminal on a 26650 is much larger then the 18650. 

I had the short happen with the positive pin of the mod removed.  I was looking for the area of the short.  The positive pin of the mod seems to be adequately insulated from the body.  The contact area is somewhat isolated. There is an insulator at the top of the battery tube, but it's very thin. i'm not sure how but if you look at Dave's picture up above you can see where the insulator started to melt a little.  Somehow the positive terminal of his and my 26650 is shorting on the battery tube. 

Most 18650's are slightly shorter then 26650's. Only by a little bit but enough.  18650's are also just shorter then the adapter tube for this mod.  With the spring loaded Positive pin I think there is plenty of space for them to not contact the upper insulator.  So this issue shouldn't be had with those batteries.

17 hours ago, David247 said:

The same thing happened to me with 2 green efest 26650

David

DSC_0516.JPG

Wow. That's pretty messed up.I've had zero problems with anything like that other than a weak battery screen popping up but rectified with a good cleaning of the door threads.Plus I'm using Ijoys and Efest 26650 batts.I'd send it back and say fix this POS. 

I wouldn't use efest batteries for multiple reasons.

1.) They suck and have a horrible sag that only let's you get down to around 40% on the battery before the sag stops the mod from working even at 30w.

2.) They are too long. When using the Efest 26650 the battery cap should not be tightened to tight. When you do tighten further than snug you will bend the flat top causing it to short. So even though the battery cap is not screwing in the whole way it's better than blowing your hand off from over tightening.  The Ijoy and Brillpower batteries fit much better and the Ijoy is a far superior 26650 that acts much like an 18650 as far as sag. I have run the battery below 25% without issue.

• Like 1