Tactile switchs

John said:

The switches are onboard the DNA 200. The solid models for the cap actuators are available on this forum. They 3d print okay, or you can machine them. We machined them. 

How many do you need?

I need 2 John, where can I order them from? I want stainless metal ones so that they match my fire button.

The plan is to have at least a few of the button cap sets on our website next week. With the equipment we have, the buttons take nearly as long to make as the case itself, so there could be a touch of sticker shock involved, but they will be available. 

They take about 6 minutes per set to do on a $140,000 lathe. Engraving with a max spindle speed of 6000 rpm takes forever.  A screw machine would be much faster and more cost effective, but I haven't got one. 

John I'm very interested in buying a reference case and buttons if possible. ...actually 2 but 1 would be great.....I got a couple 3d printed but I'm not very happy with them especially the way the buttons came out......if u could quote me a price that would be great

I got a bunch of the fully max batteries in yesterday as I'm very stuck on the reference case.....I know it's plain and all but I like how little and compact it is.....it's very simple and to the point.....I got these batteries just for the reference case

If you have CAD skills, design a button set, upload to shapeways, then choose metal - they have stainless steel, bronze, gold, etc. About $10 or so for a set.

I did that with my faceplate and mods.  I buy as a set and then dremel off the supports - is the cheapest way to go, else you can buy the individual buttons but that is a more expensive way to go.

button_set.png 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/E65VJ388Y/dna200-complete-button-set-round-top?li=shop-results&optionId=57463209