Battery life on the Fully Max 900 battery running at 100-120

scoopy

John or anyone else who has used this battery... I'm tryin to decide on getting a shapeways case that fits this battery or one that fits a turnigy nano tech 2200 3s 25-50c...I usually vape around .1 at 100-120 watts and wondering how long that would last on the Fully Max opposed to a 2200....although I want as small of a case as possible, I am wanting to last half a day to three quarters of a day at least...could someone tell me what I could expect to get out of these 2 batteries. ....Thank you

I would go with the 2200 battery as you vape at ^100 watts, but what temp do you have it set at or do you even use temp? I would surmise that if you have low temp around 380-400, the battery will last longer due to the scaling of watts to device. 1050 lifepo4 lasts me about a day. I hope some of this makes sense.

scoopy said:

Man that's messed up.....why would they send a 200 watt mod out as a test that would only last that long

It would last 20-30 mins vape time he means so the time your holding the fire button, so say you took a 10 second hit you would get 120-180 hits.

I would have to agree that if you vape that high of wattage normally you are going to for sure need more than the 900mah battery. For sure go for the 2200mah battery. Besides the mod shouldn't be too much different in size to your ipv3 li. The 900mah mod on the otherhand can be made much smaller but it's not going to get much vape time at that kind of wattage.  BTW what case on shapeways takes a 2200 turnigy? Just curious about the size of it and form factor, shape, etc. If it's not too huge I might be interested myself. But ya, don't bother with the 900mah one as I can't see you getting more than an hour maybe 2 depending on how often you take a pull with that kinda wattage.

How long does your current device go in your usage, and what batteries does you run now? If we know that we can calculate exactly. 

The DNA 200 will put out exactly what it is set for, which is not the case with some other boards, but if they are really putting out, say, 90W to get the vape you like, and you set the 200 to 90W, the run time will be largely the same, with maybe a slight advantage to the 200 because it is stupid efficient. 

If we know what your present batteries are and we know how long your present mod runs, we can say pretty exactly how long the fullymax will go, or any other. 

Rule of thumb, though, the 900 goes a whole day for a 50-60 watt Atlantis user and a half day for someone with a 100 wattish, dual coil dripper. 

John said:

How long does your current device go in your usage, and what batteries does you run now? If we know that we can calculate exactly. 

The DNA 200 will put out exactly what it is set for, which is not the case with some other boards, but if they are really putting out, say, 90W to get the vape you like, and you set the 200 to 90W, the run time will be largely the same, with maybe a slight advantage to the 200 because it is stupid efficient. 

If we know what your present batteries are and we know how long your present mod runs, we can say pretty exactly how long the fullymax will go, or any other. 

Rule of thumb, though, the 900 goes a whole day for a 50-60 watt Atlantis user and a half day for someone with a 100 wattish, dual coil dripper. 

Sorry for joining in on this Scoopy, I use 2 vtc5s in a snowwolf @ about 70w would last me a day, so about what mah from a lipo would I need to last a day John?

John said:

Scoopy if you are getting half a day from 2 Samsung INRs then you definitely want to be using something with a 2200 mah pack. Also, damn, that is a lot of vapor.

Well actually closer to a whole day....just depends on how much I vape and what nicotine level I have Lol ya it is a lot of vapor...I'm pretty much a cloud chaser.I like to run fused claptons and other low ohm intricate builds. I don't think you realise that most of the people buying this chip are the same way and are wanting it for all the customization ,the high "TRUE" wattage , the accuracy and reliability that Evolv is known for and that your able to build lower than any other chip on the market.This makes vaping in temp mode a whole new world.The Dna 40 and all other mods on the market were lacking in the aspect of not being able to build low enough on nickel and not having enough power for that low of resistance.This is gonna be such a bad ass chip and make temp control the go to mode for most people in my opinion...you get safety , a more precise better tuned vape for flavor , no dry hits and just as much power as kanthal mode making this again an awesome one of a kind chip.You really did it on this one John!! I watched Phil Busardos video of his tour of your factories and I'm very impressed.You seemed like a brilliant person (won't say the "G" word lol) Also you seemed like a cool down to earth guy.Phils lucky to have met ya.well enough with the nut riding lol!!

I would disagree that most buyers of this chip are looking at the 200w as the main reason. I vape at 20w with a Ni200 coil (.10? with 28g, 440°F) and with a 1300mah 3S battery, I get at least 1.5 days of heavy vaping. I love my 5 DNA40 mods but I wanted all the extra features of the DNA200. I probably won't ever vape over 40w even on my drippers. I use 25w on a dual coil .75? kanthal build on my drippers just to taste new juices and if I want to blow clouds (rare).

*edit*
I watched those videos with Evolv (Brandon and John) and that's what really got me to buy my first DNA40. Even with the screen glitches (only 1 of 7 that I owned), they vaped way better than anything else I owned (just a bit better than my DNA30's). TP was a bit challenging at first but once I got the nuances of NI200 builds, I can't go back to kanthal. In fact, Ni200 works so well for me, I haven't even bothered looking at titanium. 

I would almost bet money on it that most people are buying it for the reasons I stated but I could be wrong.Thats why I said it was just my opinion. If they weren't they would be better off with a dna 40.i hadn't been vaping in temp mode much because there just wasn't enough power behind it for me but that's all about to change lol.

Man this is really gonna pile the crap on thick, but although I was fortunate enough to have found the Evolv quality on my first step up from the MVP 2.0, the PBusardo video won me over just like these guys. I'm a CAD designer and steel fabricator/erector so I give engineer's quite a bit of hard time, even though (or because) I come from a family of them. But all I could think of watching Brandon and John's evolv tour video was "soon they'll have us vaping the mod version of the roller coaster and powered office chairs. And I really want an R2D2"

Scoopy my opinion on this DNA 200 is that people will probably buy it for one reason and way they vape, and end up vaping differently and loving it for another set of reasons. I don't think people will realize how nice that headroom is, and how an Evolv board at 80-120 watts on kanthal feels like vaping an evolv board, until after they've gotten the device and started playing.

My usage case when vaping Kanthal is probably a lot like yours, I vape at 80 - 100 watts on .16 fused claptons (dual) as my daily driver, and preferred dual 18650 mods. I'm now running a 2000 mah 3S maxamps.com lipo and it gets me through a day. I vape 6 mg so I don't vape so often that my mod never sees a coffee table or anything.

I've been loving vaping on this thing so much (haven't vaped more than two pairs of 18650s in all my other box mods in the last 20 days since I got my DNA 200) that I haven't really done the monitoring and keeping track of my stats like I should, but I really want to start. Anyway, the 2000 mah LiPo gets me a whole day of vaping even when I'm vaping pretty often, and well into the second day when I'm vaping it less.

I went with a 2200mAh pack.  I can usually get a whole day of heavy vaping form it.   I used to go through 2 or 3 pair of 25R's of HE4's on my 350J.  I am running between 60 & 120W and between 400 & 450*, depending on my drippers or RTA's.  Some days over 20ml of juice.

i would love to go with a 2200mah build but I haven't seen anyway possible unless you want to go with a huge case.  But my idea of huge may not be your's or other's view on it. I didn't like how big the 1590b box felt. (I did my first ever mod build in one and ended up taking chip out and putting into 1590g).