New coil up same coil down

renegadejade said:

If i unlock the ohms the res raises. But it dosent make me choose between new coil/same coil...maybe since the mod detects a jump in res is why it askes me...

That was my thinking...the resistance has changed since you locked ohms, so when it comes on it triggers the prompt.  Perhaps you can lock ohms after it has settled and avoid it.

renegadejade said:

No idea there? What does this setting do? I understand locking ohms etc.

On the MOD tab of Escibe you will see:
[image]

The Ohm Lock Range is what percent of resistance change will trigger the "New Atty" question.

In the above case of 25%, if the atty was originally at 0.1 ohms then 0.075 or 0.125 would trigger the question.

ETA, one thought is that "maybe" you have locked the ohms significantly lower than the reality. Lets say you locked it at .1 ohms, but after the atty settled maybe a screw tension changed or 2 wraps of a coil arent touching now but were, and now your real resistance is 0.14 ohms, that might cause the New Atty question upon waking the mod from deep sleep.

Dont hit the atty for an hour, plug it and run Atty Analyzer and see what the true resistance is that it is reading now. Sometimes atties settle in a little different than when you first build them.

Quick question.. I have 3 different attys that I use with resistances 0.36 ohms, 0.22 ohms and another with 0.61 ohms. As I switch between these three it automatically switches to their respective resistances that I had used prior.

I am just curious how many of these base resistances does the chip store in memory. If it had no memory it would be asking me when switching from 0.22 ohms to 0.61 ohms whether it is a new coil or not, but it doesn't and somehow magically switches to 0.61ohms correctly, like it has memory of that I used something similar to 0.61 prior to using 0.22 ohms.

Also is there any way to clear up the previously stored resistances?

On the MOD tab of Escibe you will see:
[image]

The Ohm Lock Range is what percent of resistance change will trigger the "New Atty" question.

In the above case of 25%, if the atty was originally at 0.1 ohms then 0.075 or 0.125 would trigger the question.

It the reverse if it more then 25% it will not ask new coil question

techbearus, if you are using three different atomizers in the same profile you're probably better off with Ohm Lock off, as if it is working right that means your 510 is relatively stable/good. Ohm Lock isn't meant to be used if you are switching atomizers on the same profile. (Some people set up one profile per atomizer, though.)