trouble with titanium

MADMODDER

Ok. I have loaded the csv file from steam engine and also tried a custom program from a ti wire manufacture. The same problem occurs. Switch to my ti program and install atty and it vapes great...install a nickel atty and switch to nickel mode and works flawlessly. A couple hours later reinstall ti atty ...switch to ti program...select new coil and horrible burnt taste . I have tried this many times and always fail to get consistancy with titanium. Also used atomizer analyzer and have a consistant stable reading...any ideas because everything i have tried with ti is unsuccessful . Nickle mode works flawlessly

If you are switching between profiles with the Ti coil installed, it shouldn't ask you if it is a new coil, or if it does (because it is hot or whatever) 

Is the coil resistance it reads in atomizer analyzer different after switching between profiles? We'll take a look. 

I am installing an atomizer with titanium coil. Switching to my titanium mode. Vaping the atomizer for a while. Uninstalling the titanium atomizer. Switching to my nickel mode..installing the nickel atomizer and vaping....every time I reinstall the titanium atomizes and switch back to the titanium mode and accept the new coil function it does not vape right. it gives a strong burning taste. I have tried this with numerous atomizers and builds with no success with titanium. I have used 2 different titanium curves...one supplied from a manufacture of titanium wire built to the exact specs that they supplied data for....vapes perfectly fine for a couple hours...upon removal and reinstallation as stated above strong burning taste. the same coil and atty works fine on another device....

Are you using the Sweet Spot Vapors Ti wire? I was hearing from a couple of people that had some problems while using that wire because they assumed it was grade 1 titanium wire but because it's actually a custom blend, it reacts differently than expected.

I don't think that's the cause of what you're reporting and since they're working on the DNA 200 data specific to their wire I think it's even less likely.

I just wanted to ask if it's that wire in case it's helpful for the Evolv guys to know when doing their analyzing or troubleshooting.

our Ti-Wire is not such a dramatically different TCR that it would cause anything more than a few deg of drift in the median range, and on the sx350J in "Ti01 mode" the peak temp is still less than 20 or so deg discrepancy....we've been running it on the dna200 test bed with both our own profiles/TFR/TCR and with OTS "gr1 ti" TFR from steam engine.....no issues at all.....

It is possible something is shorting.....I experienced some VERY odd behavior the other day when using a standard k-type thermocouple to take a basic reading....I accidentally touched the probe tip to a live coil, as was expected the impedance changed and the coil ran away.....but the odd part was that even after cooling (res was locked BTW) the coil still exhibited the same behavior....I re-initialized everything and still the same runaway temps.....only when I un-mounted the coil and pulled the battery and re-installed everything in the test jig, did everything go back to normal....

MADMODDER: How are you doing the switch to a new coil? By any chance are you firing, accepting new coil, and after that, switching profiles? Normally if you switch profiles first, it will not ask you about a new coil. Is the resistance locked on either of the profiles by any chance?

SSV: Mm, yeah, if you had locked the resistance and accidentally short part of it, it's going to take your word for it about the resistance. I can't see any logical reason you would have to pull the battery though. Just unlock it, possibly disconnect/reconnect, and let it resample.

• 4 weeks later...

i wonder if anyone can help me. ive tried downloading the titanium tcr and it does but i cant open it. it says unsupported? so i put it in a black folder and try and open it and its not there? i just want to use titanium! i dont understand why it is so difficult? im no tech genius so please forgive me, i know it must be me but i need some help here getting the file to open in escribe.. tia

Quick fix/kinda... My wireless adapter went out recently on laptop so. I just opened steam engine on my phone and went through and changed setting manually by just looking at them. Not a real fix just quick enough to get you going. Also I lowered my preheat temp to 150° for 0.5sec also this seems to give me less of a chance of a crap hit when chain vaping TI(overheating wire by mistake)

Denny said:

Are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer I think it will not with MIE but it works with Firefox.

yeah I tired fire fox with no luck. What are the full steps of getting it to work? I download the file from steam engine then that's as far as I can get. Can't open it, and when I search for it though escribe it doesn't show up. Tia

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but Steam Engine has DNA 200 .csv files for various wire types.

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp

Go to wire wizard, select your wire type and hit DNA 200 in the tabs along the left of the graph box in the upper right. Download the .csv file and then use that for "custom" wire type in escribe.

Works like a charm lol.

Mad Scientist said:

Im not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but Steam Engine has DNA 200 .csv files for various wire types.

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp

Go to wire wizard, select your wire type and hit DNA 200 in the tabs along the left of the graph box in the upper right. Download the .csv file and then use that for "custom" wire type in escribe.

Works like a charm lol.

I tried doing so but every time I go to upload a new CSV I get an error saying my X value is too low. I know I'm doing something wrong...