DNA 200 Questions

Malthazare

So this is probably going to sound like a really stupid question but I am new to DNA products and these forums so please go easy on me. After seeing Rip Trippers introduction video over the DNA 200, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. After poking around to try and get some more info, I came across an article that had a link to a vendor selling DNA 200 Chips. But that didn't help me at all because after seeing Rip Trippers video, I didn't plan on building a box because I loved the way it looked in the video and I have no experience in building boxes. So I was wondering if anyone knows were Rip Trippers got his version of the DNA 200 because I'd like to buy one.

[dna200][box-dna-200-evolv]
[IMG_4642]

That's the reference case. We made it, the design is available here on the forum. 

We'll probably make some runs of cases once we get into the full swing of things.

I imagine somebody will be in the business of putting them together, so I'd expect you'll be able to get one eventually. 

John said:

That's the reference case. We made it, the design is available here on the forum. 

We'll probably make some runs of cases once we get into the full swing of things.

I imagine somebody will be in the business of putting them together, so I'd expect you'll be able to get one eventually. 

Alright well do you think there is any chance you guys will be selling the complete built box/chip together? On a side note, I was just wondering if the people in the pictures had to build the boxes themselves or did they come pre-built? 

Malthazare said:

[QUOTE=John]That's the reference case. We made it, the design is available here on the forum. 

Alright well do you think there is any chance you guys will be selling the complete built box/chip together? On a side note, I was just wondering if the people in the pictures had to build the boxes themselves or did they come pre-built? [/QUOTE] All mods pics you seen here none of them comes pre-build. They build them from bottom up :)

macz said:

[QUOTE=Malthazare][QUOTE=John]That's the reference case. We made it, the design is available here on the forum. 

Alright well do you think there is any chance you guys will be selling the complete built box/chip together? On a side note, I was just wondering if the people in the pictures had to build the boxes themselves or did they come pre-built? [/QUOTE] All mods pics you seen here none of them comes pre-build. They build them from bottom up :)[/QUOTE]

But all of them look the same, so is there a kit with all the pieces out there or something?

Malthazare said:

But all of them look the same, so is there a kit with all the pieces out there or something?

Eventually the case you see will be available, the designs have been made public and I know of a few people that are getting geared up to mill some for market, some of which may come as fully assembled mods.

You can get the enclosure on shapeways now:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/6524725AS/evolv-dna200-case-with-buttons?li=search-results-1&optionId=57294605

However, you would need a builder, a chip, a battery and a 510 connector...all easy to find. 

Where are you located?

blueridgedog said:

[QUOTE=Malthazare]

Eventually the case you see will be available, the designs have been made public and I know of a few people that are getting geared up to mill some for market, some of which may come as fully assembled mods.

You can get the enclosure on shapeways now:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/6524725AS/evolv-dna200-case-with-buttons?li=search-results-1&optionId=57294605

However, you would need a builder, a chip, a battery and a 510 connector...all easy to find. 

Where are you located?[/QUOTE]

I live in Texas but if all its going to take is time, I will gladly wait. I would much prefer to buy a fully assembled aluminum box mod with that case design. 

I know the chances of getting lucky on the question I'm curious about is about slim to none but I was looking for a DNA200 chip from anywhere in the Southern California area. I'll pay over cost that verified sellers by Evolv charge. Fingers crossed

Have you searched around Google? There is quite a few vendors selling the chip itself, I'm not sure how many still have it in stock but I'm sure you could find one. There are vendors selling it here on the forums too. I'm actually looking to buy one of the boxes they sent out for the beta testers (The Reference Box). I love the look and I don't build boxes so I'm just going to wait until they start selling the Chip in the reference box.

• 2 weeks later...

We will either have reference cases for sale or we will case up boards and have reference mods for sale. Possibly/likely both at various times. I have a couple hundred cases at the moment that I will need to do something with. But we are primarily a board manufacturer, we can make about 20 times as many DNA 200s as we can make reference cases, so case and mod availability directly from us will be pretty spotty. 

elitef said:

Hello,

I was just wondering where can I purchase this exact case as in the OP?

I am new to vaping, but I will be ordering the DNA200 and battery in the coming days and want to order a case for it as well.

Please advise.

Evolv will be selling them (IIRC case, buttons, 510 & maybe battery as a kit), but not quite yet, they are know as the beta or reference mod.